Wrap around the home screen?

CaptainJango

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using the stock launcher on my S6 and noticed I can't go further than the end screens. What I mean is like when I'm on the far right screen and swipe it to go another screen to the right it should wrap around and go to the far left screen. Anyone have a idea?

Thanks guys and gals!

ST Nathan

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same thing. I assume it's because of that briefing app they've added on the far left. Unfortunately even if you turn it off, it still doesn't wrap. I guess this is what Samsung meant by trimming down Touchwiz.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using the stock launcher on my S6 and noticed I can't go further than the end screens. What I mean is like when I'm on the far right screen and swipe it to go another screen to the right it should wrap around and go to the far left screen. Anyone have a idea?

Thanks guys and gals!

I'm pretty sure it's lollipop that's made it that way. It won't create another screen until you out an app on it. I use Nova which didn't have this limitation.

Posted via the Android Central App

ST Nathan

May 10, 2013
Visit site
You could be right about it being lollipop, but I'm not sure how creating another screen is related. The problem is that when you swipe to move right from the far right screen, it should take you around ("wrap") to the far left screen, and vice-versa. My old Galaxy S4 did this, and it was handy. The S6 doesn't.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
You could be right about it being lollipop, but I'm not sure how creating another screen is related. The problem is that when you swipe to move right from the far right screen, it should take you around ("wrap") to the far left screen, and vice-versa. My old Galaxy S4 did this, and it was handy. The S6 doesn't.

It should but it dont. I can't do it on mine and others have posted in another thread saying they can't either so it's the way the designed lollipop to act. My last phone used to do it but not my s6.
I can't find the home screen transition effects on this phone either . They seemed to leave a lot of little things out from last years galaxy s5. I'm on verizon if it makes a difference.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bradskey

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
What concievable idiotic reason could there possibly be for disabling this? At least make it an option. The problem with iDevice UI's is nothing ever changes. The problem with Android is Google/Samsung/whoever won't stop CONSTANTLY messing with crap that IS NOT BROKEN.

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was annoyed by this for 6.2 seconds until I installed Nova. Now all is right with the world.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks guys and gals!

I believe that you are referring to the carousel effect which is no longer present in the GS6. You would need to install a third party launcher.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yet another reason why even the new "improved" Touchwiz is no match for Nova.

Agreed on customization, but IMO wallpapers look WAY better on TW and I feel like the os is optimized to run smoother on TW than Nova. I know that sounds weird, but it certainly feels faster, smoother and more polished using TW than Nova, to me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Agreed on customization, but IMO wallpapers look WAY better on TW and I feel like the os is optimized to run smoother on TW than Nova. I know that sounds weird, but it certainly feels faster, smoother and more polished using TW than Nova, to me.

And how. Totally agree. It's all a matter of personal preference. Optimization continues and third party launchers are no longer needed. Themes replace them and icon packs

briggy79

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
And how. Totally agree. It's all a matter of personal preference. Optimization continues and third party launchers are no longer needed. Themes replace them and icon packs

Then the themes better get better. So far those of us wanting to stay with Touchwiz are just trying to find acceptable icons to go with our preferred wallpaper. It could be much, much easier...

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Then the themes better get better. So far those of us wanting to stay with Touchwiz are just trying to find acceptable icons to go with our preferred wallpaper. It could be much, much easier...

Agreed. I definitely want to see more customization allowed in TW.

ST Nathan

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried speeding up the animations in the Nova settings? They were a bit pokey by default, especially opening folders, but after cranking them up, everything's nice and fast for me. I'm also loving the icon swipe actions. I'm actually really glad Touchwiz had this stupid wrap-around problem, or I may have never bothered to try out other launchers. Now I'll likely never go back.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Really don't miss the carousel effect. You end up going past the homescreen you wanted in the first place and have to scroll back for it. Then, you might miss it again.

NYRSteve

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have gotten used to it but I would prefer to have it back.

This and the dark filter over custom lock screen wallpaper are my 2 big gripes.