10-16-2016 11:26 PM
30 12
tools
    I'm currently using the stock launcher on my S6 and noticed I can't go further than the end screens. What I mean is like when I'm on the far right screen and swipe it to go another screen to the right it should wrap around and go to the far left screen. Anyone have a idea?

Thanks guys and gals!
    04-13-2015 09:45 PM
    I noticed the same thing. I assume it's because of that briefing app they've added on the far left. Unfortunately even if you turn it off, it still doesn't wrap. I guess this is what Samsung meant by trimming down Touchwiz.
    04-19-2015 12:30 AM
    I'm currently using the stock launcher on my S6 and noticed I can't go further than the end screens. What I mean is like when I'm on the far right screen and swipe it to go another screen to the right it should wrap around and go to the far left screen. Anyone have a idea?

Thanks guys and gals!
    I'm pretty sure it's lollipop that's made it that way. It won't create another screen until you out an app on it. I use Nova which didn't have this limitation.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 12:50 AM
    You could be right about it being lollipop, but I'm not sure how creating another screen is related. The problem is that when you swipe to move right from the far right screen, it should take you around ("wrap") to the far left screen, and vice-versa. My old Galaxy S4 did this, and it was handy. The S6 doesn't.
    04-19-2015 01:52 AM
    You could be right about it being lollipop, but I'm not sure how creating another screen is related. The problem is that when you swipe to move right from the far right screen, it should take you around ("wrap") to the far left screen, and vice-versa. My old Galaxy S4 did this, and it was handy. The S6 doesn't.
    It should but it dont. I can't do it on mine and others have posted in another thread saying they can't either so it's the way the designed lollipop to act. My last phone used to do it but not my s6.
    I can't find the home screen transition effects on this phone either . They seemed to leave a lot of little things out from last years galaxy s5. I'm on verizon if it makes a difference.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    04-19-2015 02:05 AM
    What concievable idiotic reason could there possibly be for disabling this? At least make it an option. The problem with iDevice UI's is nothing ever changes. The problem with Android is Google/Samsung/whoever won't stop CONSTANTLY messing with crap that IS NOT BROKEN.
    04-26-2015 03:05 PM
    Yet another reason why even the new "improved" Touchwiz is no match for Nova.
    04-26-2015 03:49 PM
    Yeah I was annoyed by this for 6.2 seconds until I installed Nova. Now all is right with the world.

04-26-2015 04:07 PM

Thanks guys and gals!
    I believe that you are referring to the carousel effect which is no longer present in the GS6. You would need to install a third party launcher.
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    04-26-2015 04:24 PM
    Nova Launcher!! I love it and you can have wrap around home screens and app drawer
    04-26-2015 04:54 PM
    Yet another reason why even the new "improved" Touchwiz is no match for Nova.
    Agreed on customization, but IMO wallpapers look WAY better on TW and I feel like the os is optimized to run smoother on TW than Nova. I know that sounds weird, but it certainly feels faster, smoother and more polished using TW than Nova, to me.

04-26-2015 05:11 PM
    Agreed on customization, but IMO wallpapers look WAY better on TW and I feel like the os is optimized to run smoother on TW than Nova. I know that sounds weird, but it certainly feels faster, smoother and more polished using TW than Nova, to me.

And how. Totally agree. It's all a matter of personal preference. Optimization continues and third party launchers are no longer needed. Themes replace them and icon packs
    04-26-2015 06:44 PM
    And how. Totally agree. It's all a matter of personal preference. Optimization continues and third party launchers are no longer needed. Themes replace them and icon packs
    Then the themes better get better. So far those of us wanting to stay with Touchwiz are just trying to find acceptable icons to go with our preferred wallpaper. It could be much, much easier...
    04-26-2015 07:10 PM
    Then the themes better get better. So far those of us wanting to stay with Touchwiz are just trying to find acceptable icons to go with our preferred wallpaper. It could be much, much easier...
    Agreed. I definitely want to see more customization allowed in TW.

04-26-2015 07:47 PM
    Agreed. I definitely want to see more customization allowed in TW.

Who's to say that the next Lollipop update won't have further TouchWiz optimization and no more battery issues for anyone.
    04-26-2015 08:06 PM
    Who's to say that the next Lollipop update won't have further TouchWiz optimization and no more battery issues for anyone.
    I like how you think jcp

04-26-2015 08:27 PM
    I like how you think jcp

Lean forward. Embrace the future.
    04-26-2015 08:35 PM

Have you tried speeding up the animations in the Nova settings? They were a bit pokey by default, especially opening folders, but after cranking them up, everything's nice and fast for me. I'm also loving the icon swipe actions. I'm actually really glad Touchwiz had this stupid wrap-around problem, or I may have never bothered to try out other launchers. Now I'll likely never go back.
    04-26-2015 11:50 PM
    Really don't miss the carousel effect. You end up going past the homescreen you wanted in the first place and have to scroll back for it. Then, you might miss it again.
    04-27-2015 05:55 AM
    I have gotten used to it but I would prefer to have it back.

This and the dark filter over custom lock screen wallpaper are my 2 big gripes.
    04-27-2015 07:18 AM
    I have gotten used to it but I would prefer to have it back.

This and the dark filter over custom lock screen wallpaper are my 2 big gripes.
    You're the second person I've seen mention a "dark filter" and I just can't figure out what you're talking about.

04-27-2015 03:55 PM
    You're the second person I've seen mention a "dark filter" and I just can't figure out what you're talking about.

Using any lock screen wallpaper, other than Samsung default images, will cause a dark filter over the lock screen on my Verizon S6.
    05-17-2015 07:47 AM
    Using any lock screen wallpaper, other than Samsung default images, will cause a dark filter over the lock screen on my Verizon S6.
    OK guys, here's the fix.

Go into security settings, disable fingerprint, set unlock security simply to swipe then enable water droplets (or whatever it's called) in unlock effects. Now go back and re-enable fingerprint security. The dark filter over your lockscreen wallpaper will be gone.

Weird software glitch that Samsung designed into the phone but this will take care of it.
    05-17-2015 08:49 AM

Thanks guys and gals!
    05-09-2016 09:24 PM
    I phoned Samsung and lodged a complaint about this issue which is the techncally referred to as "transition effect" 3D rotation. I will return phone based solely on this aspect. If I have 6 pages I would have to flip 11 time to get back to starting page if go to 6th page. Anyways phone in and complain. I'm going to Apple if thats the casein like to be in control and Samsung is taking it away so I may as well use apple. Samsung +1 800-726-7864
    05-09-2016 09:36 PM
30 12