Samsung Galaxy S6 Going back to Windows phone.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Going back to Windows phone.

Honestly, android cannot match the fluidity, responsiveness, & ease of use of windows phone. Trying to use email & calendar with multiple accounts on android is a cluster.

Well, good luck thanks for trying.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

You've never used windows phone have you? Android guys get in such a tizzy when someone doesn't like their platform its really sad. I'm coming from WP and everything the OP said is spot on but that doesn't mean that android is a bad platform its just not for him. Just like WP is not for you. Honestly I find windows phone to be a much better OS (excluding apps) but as a complete platform it lacks some apps that I need. All things equal android to me is the lesser of the 3 platforms. That may change in the next few weeks but some of the reasons I left the android platform in 2010 are still present in 2015 (bad battery life, inconsistent design, lag and crashing apps). Just my opinion...

It's not what he said that gets people "tizzy"

It's how he says it... or... how he comes off....

It's kind of like.. "ugh, I just CAN'T do it... " when millions of people around do... he's separating himself like his needs are superior... or more demanding... more specific.... I'm not trying to put words in hiis mouth... jus showing how he comes off....

And not jus him.. It's most people who make a thread claiming to NOT be able to adjust to something and abandon ship for another platform...

"I can't use SAMOLED... I just can't it burns my eyes"

"I can't use a 293 ppi screen... I can see the pixels... I need at least 425"

"I can't use this phone... the edges are so sharp.. I swear I almost cut my finger"

Oh boo hoo

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Be prepared for more ire...some of these guys really get bent out of shape if you point out that some of the other platforms do things better (like battery life or smoothness).

Agreed. I don't like to see so much trash talking and cheap shots at other platforms. The Windows forum has a problem with it too. I think part of it is due to being the underdog and feeling a lot of disrespect for Windows Phone. We here on the Android forum are without question the top dog at the moment. There's no reason to belittle the others.

All platforms have their place, and all have their strengths (and weaknesses!).

Disclaimer: I probably feel different than most because I'm a multi-platform user. Besides the devices in my signature, I also have an iPad Mini 2.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just came from WP 8.1 and a Lumia 1520. Now have a S6 Edge.

I miss the great battery life (2 days of use!), and the live tile interface. Cortana integration was getting better and better, and the platform itself was great. It was smooth and pretty good overall.

I just couldn't hack the apps, and lack of a new flagship phone. My bank pulled its app from the store, the Kindle app was woefully bad, the apps I use for Bible study (Logos) never materialized, etc.

But I do miss it. I feel like I have to micromanage Android a bit more. I don't mind , but some might actually be better off in WP if it weren't for the apps.

Now, I kept my 1520, and will install WP 10 on it someday. Love that phone, but love my S6 Edge a bit more :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep. When Chase bank pulled their app, I had to sell my Lumia 925. It was never my daily driver but I really could not travel with it due to lack of apps for southwest airlines and Marriott. Decided to go with iphone along with my androids.

At one time I had a lumia 925, dell venue 8.1 tablet and 8.1 desktop so I tried the ecosystem. Only the desktop is left.

On a positive note I discovered one drive which I use almost exclusively for devices across all platforms.

Posted via Nexus 6!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Honestly, android cannot match the fluidity, responsiveness, & ease of use of windows phone. Trying to use email & calendar with multiple accounts on android is a cluster.

I'm curious what issues you had with email and calendar? The gmail app manages multiple accounts very easily. I have 4 accounts I manage. Just open up the sliding panel and choose a different account.

And calendar is even easier. On the S6, which you presumably had since you posted in this forum, multiple calendar items are seamlessly integrated and show up.

What exactly did you find difficult, or a "cluster" as you put it?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

So it's not "Is there any way to make this experience similar to what I'm used to on Windows Phone?", but "I'm done with this and want to let strangers know it for some reason". Nothing quite like wasting time, I guess.

Maybe I'll go buy another iPhone and sit in iMore to ***** about how it isn't as good as my S6. Sounds like a cool-dude thing to do.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

ballaonnabudget

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Everyone takes it so personal, its pretty hilarious. Like them talking down about another platform makes their phone better. Someone actually said "its how he said it" like he's talking to his wife or something lmao. I thought the guys at crackberry were ridiculous but wow. You guys have all the market share you should be proud and humble not jerks. Maybe I'll go over to the chrome forum and talk about how crappy their OS is and how great windows is, maybe it'll make me feel good about myself too.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Everyone takes it so personal, its pretty hilarious. Like them talking down about another platform makes their phone better. Someone actually said "its how he said it" like he's talking to his wife or something lmao. I thought the guys at crackberry were ridiculous but wow. You guys have all the market share you should be proud and humble not jerks. Maybe I'll go over to the chrome forum and talk about how crappy their OS is and how great windows is, maybe it'll make me feel good about myself too.

All I'm saying is that when I sold my iPhone, I didn't go onto an iPhone forum and whine about why I sold it. I sold it and moved on. Not sure why that's so hard to do for some people.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Someone doesn't agree to your opinion and now are jerks. OK.
It's not hard to digest everyone doesn't like windows phone and don't shoot the messenger by just saying you haven't used windows phone?

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

My current and last 2 phones has been WP. Prior to that was Samsung and Nexus. My brother currently uses Note 4, which I play with sometimes. My personal opinion is that WP has the easiest UI. I really like the live tiles. There's so many plus and minuses, it all comes down to individual preferences.

I'm looking to switch to S6E, S6, or the upcoming G4. The only reason is because my L1020 is on its last leg. The screen will pop out any moment. :-( Microsoft is supposed to release a "flagship" WP this year....so will see...

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

It's not what he said that gets people "tizzy"

It's how he says it... or... how he comes off....

It's kind of like.. "ugh, I just CAN'T do it... " when millions of people around do... he's separating himself like his needs are superior... or more demanding... more specific.... I'm not trying to put words in hiis mouth... jus showing how he comes off....

And not jus him.. It's most people who make a thread claiming to NOT be able to adjust to something and abandon ship for another platform...

"I can't use SAMOLED... I just can't it burns my eyes"

"I can't use a 293 ppi screen... I can see the pixels... I need at least 425"

"I can't use this phone... the edges are so sharp.. I swear I almost cut my finger"

Oh boo hoo
Regardless "how he says it or how he comes off" as an adult I'm still in control of how I choose to respond to another poster's comments about something as innocuous as a cell phone or platform. I definitely won't embarrass myself by having a "tizzy" over it. I'll leave the tizzying to my children who haven't quite matured yet, so they get a pass.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

I typed a pretty lengthy explanation that contained none of what you just said when I quoted your last post which you obviously ignored and this is what you got? Ok then, pretty obvious what you're up to.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

All I'm saying is that when I sold my iPhone, I didn't go onto an iPhone forum and whine about why I sold it. I sold it and moved on. Not sure why that's so hard to do for some people.

Because this is a tech forum, for adults, and most of us like to discuss the good and bad of our devices, including when people, for their own reasons, choose to move on from their device.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Maybe in some posts but there was an assumption made that since we have android that we have never tried WP and therefore cannot make a comparison. As you can see in this thread many of us have owned WP and are offering our observations just as the OP did.

I frequent all the sites under Mobile Nations and android central is one of the most accommodating of other platforms in my opinion.

Posted via Nexus 6!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Because this is a tech forum, for adults, and most of us like to discuss the good and bad of our devices, including when people, for their own reasons, choose to move on from their device.

By all means, he/she can say whatever they want, but expecting anything less than this response is kind of short sighted. This doesn't lend itself to any meaningful discussions, but it did give you an opportunity to bring up the iPhone/lag/battery thing again so I'm sure it's a win in your book.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

By all means, he/she can say whatever they want, but expecting anything less than this response is kind of short sighted. This doesn't lend itself to any meaningful discussions, but it did give you an opportunity to bring up the iPhone/lag/battery thing again so I'm sure it's a win in your book.

Nah...watching you continually slam anybody who possibly has anything bad to say about the S6 is the win. You are entertaining (and predictable) if nothing else!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Nah...watching you continually slam anybody who possibly has anything bad to say about the S6 is the win. You are entertaining (and predictable) if nothing else!

This really isn't about the S6 in general, but okay. It's about saying you don't like a device, not seeking to find any solutions to said issues, and saying you're leaving it behind as if anyone cares. I'd say that regarding any phone. You're just not happy because I don't agree that the S6 lags, has scrolling issues, and has mediocre battery life. I've proven how good the battery can be and so have many others. The lag/scrolling issue I can't really prove, but you'd think that with so many reviews of people who use all types of phones, like myself, saying that it doesn't lag, you'd get the picture. The S6 isn't perfect; no phone is. You're just mad because I don't agree with your amusing phone comparisons.

ballaonnabudget

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

No you just choose to do it in the Android forums where you won't get bashed and will have backers. Makes you no different than the OP.

ballaonnabudget

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Someone doesn't agree to your opinion and now are jerks. OK.
It's not hard to digest everyone doesn't like windows phone and don't shoot the messenger by just saying you haven't used windows phone?

I never gave an opinion and wasn't looking to be agreed with.

ballaonnabudget

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Maybe in some posts but there was an assumption made that since we have android that we have never tried WP and therefore cannot make a comparison. As you can see in this thread many of us have owned WP and are offering our observations just as the OP did.

I frequent all the sites under Mobile Nations and android central is one of the most accommodating of other platforms in my opinion.

Posted via Nexus 6!

Well from what i've seen so far we'll agreed to disagree. Its the most civil as long as you're agreeing with everyone else. As soon as a iOS or WP comment pops up the OP is shouted down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar