Are any of you waiting for Note 5 instead?

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm leaning that way. One reason is purely personal preference, my eyes are getting bad. But the other reason is I'm hoping the Note 5 will be as nicely redesigned as the S6 but will also have a way better battery. Just curious if anyone else is thinking of doing the same thing

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, the S6E is perfect for me. I do think though, that if they design the note 5 like the S6/S6E. They will definitely have another winner on their hands!

Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I was considering it, since I came from the Nokia 1520 (phablet), but the S6 Edge was so cool that I couldn't wait.

I might give my S6 Edge to my wife and swap with a Note 5 if it pans out to be a great phone. She currently is on the iPhone 5S, but I'm trying to purge all things Apple out of our home. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope, the S6E is perfect for me. I do think though, that if they design the note 5 like the S6/S6E. They will definitely have another winner on their hands!

Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!

I have a Note 4 and if they make the Note5 like the S6 I'll be looking elsewhere for my next phone.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
After 8 months with a Note 2 (which was a great phone at the time, don't get me wrong), I realized that I need a one handed phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If it's anything like the GS6, I'm sure it will great. Just don't get bent out of shape if there is no swappable battery but the size should be sufficient. I just don't have a need to put a tablet up to head for a phone. I also don't like having to keep up with a digitized stylus, not jus a capacitive one.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm very apprehensive that Samsung may S6 the Note 5. I hope not but it may indeed happen.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

mrbonelly

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having rather tough time with my transition from the Note 4 to the S6. The S6 is too dumbdown for my liking. There are many features taken out(but won't get into my personal laundry list). If this is only due to the size of the screen and non-phablet status, then I hope the Note 5 will have those features back when it comes out. I'm on the original JUMP program and already looking forward the NOTE 5 release. Hopefully it'll retain the hardware and design, but beef up the user options.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having rather tough time with my transition from the Note 4 to the S6. The S6 is too dumbdown for my liking. There are many features taken out(but won't get into my personal laundry list). If this is only due to the size of the screen and non-phablet status, then I hope the Note 5 will have those features back when it comes out. I'm on the original JUMP program and already looking forward the NOTE 5 release. Hopefully it'll retain the hardware and design, but beef up the user options.

Why did you leave the note4?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

If you don't mind my asking why did you downgrade from the Note 4?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
After 8 months with a Note 2 (which was a great phone at the time, don't get me wrong), I realized that I need a one handed phone.

LOL, I just realized the opposite is true for me. After all smartphones are actually supposed to be used two handed. Even the puny 3.5 inch iPhone was supposed to be used with two hands. Also once you go with a Note or Nexus 6, every other phone looks and feels like a kids toy. That's why I', giving up on phones under 5.5 inches from here on out.

mrbonelly

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
at Rmedy21 and Haalcyon, Primary reason was because the Note 4 was so heavy when I used it(among other discomforts). I also did not use the S-pen as much as I thought I would(less than a handful since Oct 2014!). Last is the decrease in monthly equipment payment. Since i'm enrolled in the JUMP program, I figured i'll manage with the S6 til N5 comes out.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
at Rmedy21 and Haalcyon, Primary reason was because the Note 4 was so heavy when I used it(among other discomforts). I also did not use the S-pen as much as I thought I would(less than a handful since Oct 2014!). Last is the decrease in monthly equipment payment. Since i'm enrolled in the JUMP program, I figured i'll manage with the S6 til N5 comes out.

On JUMP here as well. Shouldn't have too much left to pay on the S6 when the N5 drops, but who knows what else will be out by then.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
On JUMP here as well. Shouldn't have too much left to pay on the S6 when the N5 drops, but who knows what else will be out by then.

I sold my note 4 on Ebay because of the fact that it was too heavy. I love this S6

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I will look at the Note 5 but .. for the time .. S6 is what is good for me.

I have a device switching problem ^_^.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 5 will need to be better than my Note 4 and not lose any notavle abilities that my Note 4 has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke