Crackling Audio Problem

Kayla Beers

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the Samsung S6 through Verizon and am having some issues with the audio. anytime audio is played there is a loud crackling noise. It only does it if the screen is on. If I turn off the screen with music strwaming, it is fine. When I am in calls on speakerphone, it is fine. But when I watch a music video or listen to music while browsing, it crackles. I figure it can't be that the speaker is blown out since speakerphone and audio is fine with the screen off. Any recommendations?

NateInThe440

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried switching the Sound Option? I think there's a Music and Cinema setting. Make sure you're set to Music. In Cinema mode the music might be over modulating the speaker causing it to fart out.

Sadly I forget where those options are. But I do remember seeing it when playing with the phone initially and setting it to Music.

Kayla Beers

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have looked through the audio settings and all I see is settings that are different for bluetooth, headphones, etc.. None for the actual phone speaker.

raevon1

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hubby and I just received our S6's this weekend, and his speaker/sound/audio is fine, but I think I somehow changed a setting on mine, because I think it sounded fine, and now it crackles and has static when playing a notification or giving directions, etc. Very frustrating, I've been over and over the settings and cannot find what might be the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here on the s6 active! It's a very frustrating crackle whenever I play games or music, or even videos.

I don't think it's a hardware problem, because it works for a few seconds just fine before the crackle eventually comes in. Also I noticed that the audio during Skype calls is just fine. What gives?!

RideWyoming

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with the S6 Active, it's not consistent, it happens about 30% of the time. I would say it's a driver issue.
Too many issues with this phone.

HerrDommel

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problems you described and had a hard time finding answers. Now I think the problem vanished. The only thing that changed is, that I no longer have a Google Music subcription.

Now Spotify, Youtube, Chrome and all the other apps play music without crackling. Maybe you can give it a try if you're still having the problems.

Over and out

Miguel Loureiro

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Boa noite,
Ainda não consegui resolver o problema do meu audio distorcido no samsung s6 edge.
Pode ajudar por favor ?
Muito agradecido.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buruberii Gamer

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem but only when i had the phone in vibration only mode and sound turned up. So by turning on the sound in the hotbar it stopped havvent had the problem since

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech