Before I got the S6 I was out of the Android game for a while. Noticed that the phone came with a T-mobile branded version of Lookout Security and was curious if this was OK to disable or should I keep it around?

The constant scanning notifications and safe browsing active popups are driving me crazy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-14-2015 01:46 PM
    Yes, it's OK if it bugs you that much. But I would seriously consider just disabling the features you want. I think that Lookout implements the missing device, lock, and wipe better than most and is worth it if you are with T Mobile.
    04-14-2015 01:55 PM
    Lookout is a decent app. If I remember correctly from when I was using it there should be settings to turn off the annoying notifications. It's got some good stuff in the app like backups, lost phone, and all that. I wouldn't say it's required and there are other app that provide the same features.
    04-14-2015 01:56 PM
    If you ever get tired of seeing a notification from an app pop up, just long press and hold that specific notification. It'll flip so to speak and a little "i" with a circle around it shows up. Click that button and it'll take you to the notifications setting where you can then turn it off completely.

imnjs likes this.
    04-14-2015 02:13 PM
    You can disable it -- I did. No issues .
    04-14-2015 02:14 PM
    If you ever get tired of seeing a notification from an app pop up, just long press and hold that specific notification. It'll flip so to speak and a little "i" with a circle around it shows up. Click that button and it'll take you to the notifications setting where you can then turn it off completely.

Awesome! Didn't know you could do this.

04-14-2015 02:16 PM