Question: when the phone reaches full charge, does the charger turn off, allowing the phone to run down because it's no longer charging? The old square model did.

BTW, Samsung is sold out of the black one.
    04-14-2015 05:09 PM
    As far as I know, there is a green LED that shows it's charged but I don't believe that it would do that. It appears that as long as it's on the pad, the charge stays at 100%.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-14-2015 05:25 PM
    As far as I know, there is a green LED that shows it's charged but I don't believe that it would do that. It appears that as long as it's on the pad, the charge stays at 100%.

Does the blue glow from the pad ever change color or turn off?

Never mind, I got my own answer from this video:
    04-14-2015 05:32 PM
    Question: when the phone reaches full charge, does the charger turn off, allowing the phone to run down because it's no longer charging? The old square model did.

BTW, Samsung is sold out of the black one.
    I have two of the older (grey rectangular) models, one on my nightstand and one in my office at work. And I have one if the new black circular ones in my living room. I use the older models with my old s4 and would always wake up to 100%. As far as I know the battery stops charging when it gets full, but it doesnt drain. My s6 does the same.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-14-2015 08:56 PM
    When the battery on my S6 reaches 100% level, the light on the charger turns green and the charging stops. But after several minutes, the charger starts flashing blue as the phone keeps discharging. The charging doesn't start again, unless I reseat the phone on the charger.
    Does anyone have the same experience?
    04-14-2015 09:30 PM
    A stupid question, does the wireless charger work with a case?
    04-14-2015 09:40 PM
    Yes

04-14-2015 09:41 PM
    Yes it does

Sent from my S6 Edge
    04-14-2015 09:42 PM
    I have a spigen slim armor and neo hybrid cases and it works with both.
    04-14-2015 10:23 PM
    I have a Defender on my GS6 and it works. Don't believe me? Check out my YouTube video thread.
    04-14-2015 10:37 PM
    I have a Defender on my GS6 and it works. Don't believe me? Check out my YouTube video thread.
    04-14-2015 10:38 PM
    When the battery on my S6 reaches 100% level, the light on the charger turns green and the charging stops. But after several minutes, the charger starts flashing blue as the phone keeps discharging. The charging doesn't start again, unless I reseat the phone on the charger.
    I'm having this exact same problem! Haven't seen a solution yet.

04-14-2015 11:40 PM
    Tested the new charger out this morning. Took my phone off of the old pad, used it for about 5 minutes to let the battery drain down to 98%, then put it on the new pad (black circular one) and left it there. When the phone was at 100% both led's (the phones and the one on the under side of the charger) both turned green and stayed that way. When I took the phone off about a half hour later it was still at 100%.

04-15-2015 06:11 AM
    Yes, charging on the samsung wireless (round) pad goes to 100% but only seems to maintain it there for a short time. By morning the phone is at 93 and the charger is off.

Strangely my Duracell Powermat does not do this. Fills to 100 and then maintains. Its at 100 every morning. So the problem is in the Samsung charger, not the phone.
    04-15-2015 10:47 AM
    Yes, charging on the samsung wireless (round) pad goes to 100% but only seems to maintain it there for a short time. By morning the phone is at 93 and the charger is off.

Strangely my Duracell Powermat does not do this. Fills to 100 and then maintains. Its at 100 every morning. So the problem is in the Samsung charger, not the phone.
    And this is with the S6?
    04-15-2015 10:55 AM
    I've had mixed results with my charging pad. I've had 1 or 2 nights where my charging pad was off by the time i woke up and phone was down a couple percentage. However most nights i wake up with my LED on my phone green and the LED on the charging pad green and my phone is sitting at 100%.

I think it has a lot to do with the placement of the phone. Which I've also noticed can be rather touchy and sometimes its not an instant placement and i have to wiggle it around to find the "spot" to charge it.
    04-15-2015 11:03 AM
    Yes, S6
    04-15-2015 11:38 AM
    On a related but separate note regarding the wireless charger, I am currently using the plug and the wire that came with it to charge my old S3 and holy smokes is it fast. Went from 20-75% in less than 30 minutes.

Is this plug\wire the same as the quick charge adapter that comes with the S6? Also didnt realize my S3 was fast charge capable!
    04-15-2015 11:50 AM
    Just a question as this is the first wireless charging pad that I have used. I usually turn off my phone at night to charge. It should reach full charge and stay until I turn it on in the morning? Right now, I use it during the late evening as needed.

04-15-2015 12:02 PM
    I won't repeat my detailed posting but if you want the long story check out my post on the thread "Wireless Charging Issues (S6 Edge + New Charger)". Short story is it is working as designed. Confirmed by Samsung Support. it was speculated by others that the design is a problem. In my opinion that is spot on. Like others, I will be returning my Samsung Mini Wireless Charging pad(current square version available and Best Buy, Local Sprint Stores, and probably every other major Cell Provider Stores) in deference to one of the alternative Pads that others have said doesn't have this problem.
    Uncle Louie and JoJoCamel like this.
    06-05-2015 05:02 AM
    Yes I have exactly the same problem. Damn flashing wakes me up at some ungodly hour. I have to lift phone off and replace it. Any ideas?
    07-16-2015 01:22 AM
    Yes I have exactly the same problem. Damn flashing wakes me up at some ungodly hour. I have to lift phone off and replace it. Any ideas?
    I've had the charger for about 4 weeks now, this has only happened to me once and it happened when I got a notification - not sure if the two of them are linked, but I woke up with the notification beep and noticed the pad was flashing blue. So far I haven't had the issue repeat it's self.

Loving wireless charging right now
    07-16-2015 09:49 AM
    PROBLEM SOLVED:
    There is a bad run of Samsung charging pads. If yours intermittently exhibits the blue led flashing/non-charging problem, there is no cure other than replacing it. As so many of these have failed in this fashion, I would suggest purchasing another brand. Simply search the bay or Web for QI Wireless Charging Pad for Samsung Galaxy. Again, I’d avoid the Samsung brand. I just purchased the off-brand a week ago and it functions without incident. As a test I placed my Note 4 back onto the Samsung pad and it again failed within an hour, (blue led flashing/non-charging). What throws so many off is the intermittency. Make no mistake. The problem is in the pad/base. Not in your phone hardware and it’s not a software issue as some incorrectly surmise. While Samsung claims an incompatibility problem, what they indeed have is a hardware problem – and they should make good on this run of lemons.

My previous post: It's more than likely a design problem. I've had the “blue flashing/non-charging problem” for some time. It's intermittent. One may "think" positioning of the phone atop the Samsung wireless pad is the variable in question. It's not. One may think it's related to notifications. It may be. But I've seen it fail in the absence of notifications. My previous charging pad (not a Samsung) worked fine until it failed, (open circuit; wouldn't charge). The new Samsung worked for a few weeks and then began exhibiting the blue flashing as described above. It finally got to a point where every night it would fail (charging stopped with blue flashing). Often it would return to the correct charging state during the night and wake me up as it connected. Samsung is useless here. I’m sure they know they have this issue yet choose to remain quiet. They should be taking all these back and replacing them with new. Don’t hold your breath. My suggestion is you purchase a wireless charging pad other than the Samsung brand. On another note, Tasker can provide you with a quiet phone at night when wireless charging. Hope this helps.
    12-09-2015 07:26 PM