when playing music the volume will randomly raise or lower ... at first i though it was notifications while on vibrate but, alas, i didn't have any notifications which brings me to my next question

also while playing music the notifications (when not on vibrate) interrupt the music ... i'm coming from the m8 which didnt do that and i can't recall if there was an htc specific setting that stopped this or if htc just didnt let it happen period ... i know pocket casts has a setting (pretty sure at least) that stops notifications from coming through but thats just that app ...

side note and not terribly dire but is there any way to get rid of the waters effects on the lock screen?
    04-14-2015 07:01 PM
    what model?
    04-14-2015 07:19 PM
    what model?
    I'm going to guess he has a galaxy S6, don't know why, but is just a hunch.
    danthman likes this.
    04-14-2015 07:27 PM
    when playing music the volume will randomly raise or lower ... at first i though it was notifications while on vibrate but, alas, i didn't have any notifications which brings me to my next question

also while playing music the notifications (when not on vibrate) interrupt the music ... i'm coming from the m8 which didnt do that and i can't recall if there was an htc specific setting that stopped this or if htc just didnt let it happen period ... i know pocket casts has a setting (pretty sure at least) that stops notifications from coming through but thats just that app ...

side note and not terribly dire but is there any way to get rid of the waters effects on the lock screen?
    About the music volume go to settings in the music app and check the smart volume, turn it on if it's off or viceversa and see if that helps.

Also, for the water effects on lockscreen, go to Sound and Notifications, Ringtones and sounds and turn off Screen Lock sounds.
    04-14-2015 07:27 PM
    I'm going to guess he has a galaxy S6, don't know why, but is just a hunch.
    haha believe in your gut ... s6 is correct
    04-14-2015 07:46 PM
    About the music volume go to settings in the music app and check the smart volume, turn it on if it's off or viceversa and see if that helps.

Also, for the water effects on lockscreen, go to Sound and Notifications, Ringtones and sounds and turn off Screen Lock sounds.
    so you think there's a setting i'm missing in the the music app (play music)? or do you mean samsung's own music app?

i turned off the sounds for the lock screen almost immediately but the water effects still exist, just not sound ... i can deal with that if i need to but if i can i'd like to turn that off as well
    04-14-2015 07:48 PM
    so you think there's a setting i'm missing in the the music app (play music)? or do you mean samsung's own music app?

i turned off the sounds for the lock screen almost immediately but the water effects still exist, just not sound ... i can deal with that if i need to but if i can i'd like to turn that off as well
    About the music it is in Samsung Music app, go to settings there.

About the lockscreen, we'll I have the Lockscreen sounds off and I don't here anything but I also have Fingerprint activated so that may be the difference.
    04-14-2015 07:57 PM

About the lockscreen, we'll I have the Lockscreen sounds off and I don't here anything but I also have Fingerprint activated so that may be the difference.
    yea i went in there and Smart Volume was already off ...

as do i and i dont hear a thing which is good haha ... i dont think there's a way to get the ripples to disappear ... my hope is fading
    04-14-2015 08:02 PM
    yea i went in there and Smart Volume was already off ...

as do i and i dont hear a thing which is good haha ... i dont think there's a way to get the ripples to disappear ... my hope is fading
    So turn Smart Volume on and see if that helps.
    04-14-2015 08:04 PM

I think the OP is trying to get rid of the ripples effect when unlocking not the sound when unlocking. For this I think he has to change his lockscreen. Someone with more android experience may be able to chime in.
    04-14-2015 08:43 PM
    Try Settings, then Lock Screen and Security, then Unlock Effect. You can choose another effect of turn it off altogether.

Posted via the Android Central App on Samsung GS6
    04-14-2015 09:28 PM
    If you set the lockscreen to require your fingerprint(pattern, pin, etc...) each time, the ripple goes away.
    04-14-2015 11:02 PM
    can you not set a regular picture as lockscreen background? i dont know about the S6 but sounds like a live wallpaper on the lockscreen.
    04-15-2015 01:52 PM
    Try Settings, then Lock Screen and Security, then Unlock Effect. You can choose another effect of turn it off altogether.

Posted via the Android Central App on Samsung GS6
    figured it out ... Unlock Effect is only available if you have Swipe as your security ... i switched from Fingerprint to Swipe and turned off the effects and then switch back to Fingerprint
    04-20-2015 07:08 PM