Hey guys, has anybody noticed that when you have the front facing camera on with no effect, it is very laggy and choopy , however when you add an effect like black and white for instance, the picture is much smoother?

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Is there a fix for this as this is very dissapointing

Any help is appreciated thanks
    04-14-2015 10:47 PM
    Mine is perfectly smooth without any kind of effects
    04-15-2015 10:34 AM
    Yeah, I have this problem too, except I get a periodic "Camera Failed" message. Given that the camera works fine a lot of the time, I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software problem.
    04-24-2015 10:11 AM
    I replied on the S6 Edge page, I am having an issue with purple dots on the front facing camera. Whether its on Snapchat or if its the stock camera app..

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2015 03:51 PM
    No issues with the front facing camera for me. Although the warping at the edges annoys me a little.
    04-24-2015 03:54 PM
    I'm having this issue too! Very annoying, and I have never dropped my phone or done anything that could damage it.

I replied on the S6 Edge page, I am having an issue with purple dots on the front facing camera. Whether its on Snapchat or if its the stock camera app..

04-27-2015 06:54 PM
    I am having this issue as well. There are 2-3 blue / purple dots, and when I restart the phone they go away for a short while, then come back.
    05-05-2015 10:43 AM

I'm having the same problem.... I'm not sure what to do about it.
    05-06-2015 12:36 AM
    I too also having that problem. My girl was using it and was complaining about the front camera and mentioned it to me. I didn't believe it at first til I mess around with it and yes laggy and choppy.
    05-06-2015 01:05 PM
    Hey guys, has anybody noticed that when you have the front facing camera on with no effect, it is very laggy and choopy , however when you add an effect like black and white for instance, the picture is much smoother?

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Is there a fix for this as this is very dissapointing

Any help is appreciated thanks
    I noticed something today. When I flip to the front camera. It still lagged and be sluggish. Then I started messing with the effects. No lag, but then turned HDR off and noticed it stopped lagging. I don't if it was like a reset but try that and out beauty scale at 0. I know it sounds crazy but mine stopped lagging.
    05-06-2015 11:36 PM
    I have the galaxy s6 and am also having the purple spots on front camera. What if anything can resolve this? Thanks
    05-26-2015 09:48 AM
    Mine looks very saturated. Like in the sun my face looks like a tone of yellow. has anyone else experienced this?
    06-10-2015 02:54 PM
    I noticed something today. When I flip to the front camera. It still lagged and be sluggish. Then I started messing with the effects. No lag, but then turned HDR off and noticed it stopped lagging. I don't if it was like a reset but try that and out beauty scale at 0. I know it sounds crazy but mine stopped lagging.
    My front facing camera just got laggy all of a sudden (it's been fine since I got the phone in April), so I've been searching for answers. I just tried your solution of putting the beauty scale down to 0 and it worked! Too bad with such a high resolution, I need the beauty mode, haha.
    07-24-2015 10:53 PM
    Same problem you got the fix?
    10-29-2015 12:52 PM