Samsung Galaxy S6 My Search For The Perfect Case Is Over

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
And the winner is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4358908

71s1Cbf720L._SL1500_.jpg

I was using a Spigen case (Galaxy S6 Case, Spigen® [Exact-Fit] Galaxy S6 Case Slim **NEW** [Thin Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium Matte Finish Hard Case for Galaxy S6 (2015) - Smooth) and it was really nice. A couple of relatively minor annoyances kept me on the search for "the perfect case" however. The side/top plastic pieces made it awkward to press the volume and power buttons at times and the fit was so tight that I was terrified I'd damage the phone if I took it off. Well, the Ringke case addresses both of these concerns brilliantly and preserves the phone's slim, natural beauty. The cutouts for the buttons are absolutely perfect and allow for easy access without your fingers accidentally 'pressing' the plastic around them rather than the buttons themselves. And it manages to be snug fitting without feeling like it's welded on to the phone...perhaps because it has little stress relief cutouts at each of the corners. An absolutely brilliant ergonomic design.

Now, in fairness, if you're looking for serious protection from drops and falls this is most certainly NOT the case for you. It's minimalistic and will only protect against relatively minor scrapes and drops. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that it comes with a seemingly well designed screen protector. I don't use these things so that'll just get tossed at some point I guess but it's a nice touch for a case costing just $9.99.

Hope this helps those of you looking for a case like this.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Search For The Perfect Case Is Over

Does it have a raised front lip to protect the screen when face down? I have a case not to different than this one and my GS3 has survived a minimum of a drop a week.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Does it have a raised front lip to protect the screen when face down? I have a case not to different than this one and my GS3 has survived a minimum of a drop a week.
Yes, I should have mentioned that. The front lip of the case does extend ever so slightly over the screen so you are protected when you lay your phone down on its face. The cutout for the camera similarly protects the lens assembly when you put the phone down on its back.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks...I'll put this one down as one of my possibilities, thin is in for me.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, now just to decide if I want clear or black. I have the clear Samsung case now but it pretty much offers zero drop protection.

naviman1

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
OK I bought the case. It better be good or I'm coming for you OP!!

Although I don't know if I want to use a case since the phone is so beautiful. I'm loving using it without a case.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
OK I bought the case. It better be good or I'm coming for you OP!!

Although I don't know if I want to use a case since the phone is so beautiful. I'm loving using it without a case.
I tried using the phone 'naked' and I felt like I was trying hold onto to piece of melting ice. Using this phone without a case is a recipe for disaster IMO. I think you'll be thrilled with the case, especially if you want something minimalistic. Haven't found a better one yet.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. This looks like it is very similar to the case I have which is the Verus Two Tone Slide. The feel and fit of the case is phenomenal and it's the best I've ever had on any phone, but I do like the thought of having a clear case to show off the phones colors, so I might give this one a try. Not a huge fan of the colors on the case I have although they aren't bad. It's just the feeling of it that makes it feel strong like metal and thin that I love.

CaptainJango

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I was torn with either choosing that case or the Galaxy S6 Case, Spigen [METALLIZED BUTTONS] Neo Hybrid Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 and I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed with the one I chose as well. If something ever happens to my current case I know whats next it looks like.

naviman1

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I tried using the phone 'naked' and I felt like I was trying hold onto to piece of melting ice. Using this phone without a case is a recipe for disaster IMO. I think you'll be thrilled with the case, especially if you want something minimalistic. Haven't found a better one yet.

Yeah I know what you mean. Normally I'm extremely careful with my phones and barely drop them but all it takes is one drop and the chances are the phone will be unusable! Having a case is definitely a necessary evil.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know what you mean. Normally I'm extremely careful with my phones and barely drop them but all it takes is one drop and the chances are the phone will be unusable! Having a case is definitely a necessary evil.

Especially with a glass front and back. Rather go heavy duty with a Defender whose profile now that I have had a few days with it slimmer than past cases and appears to be due to more than the thinness of the GS6 itself.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. This looks like it is very similar to the case I have which is the Verus Two Tone Slide. The feel and fit of the case is phenomenal and it's the best I've ever had on any phone, but I do like the thought of having a clear case to show off the phones colors, so I might give this one a try. Not a huge fan of the colors on the case I have although they aren't bad. It's just the feeling of it that makes it feel strong like metal and thin that I love.
Because the metal of the phone is so beautiful I initially thought I'd like a case with a clear back. I tried a couple but I found that they ended up just looking tacky and cheap -- exactly what this phone is not. So I went with the black one pictured in the OP which still shows a bit of the phone's metal beauty from the front.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well i'm currently having issues getting my case from amazon. Some shipping issue. I like that this has a crystal clear version since i really like the look of my S6 i don't want to cover it up. If i don't end up getting the one i have on order i'll go for this one. Looks solid.

On a side note.... its KILLING me not having a case on this phone. I'm so scared i'm going to drop it.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Well i'm currently having issues getting my case from amazon. Some shipping issue. I like that this has a crystal clear version since i really like the look of my S6 i don't want to cover it up. If i don't end up getting the one i have on order i'll go for this one. Looks solid.

On a side note.... its KILLING me not having a case on this phone. I'm so scared i'm going to drop it.

Haha, I know what you mean about not having a case on it. I'm being extremely careful with it. My case arrives today, so I can't wait to get home and put it on tonight.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My Ringke Fusion Crystal View arrived yesterday and so far I have to say I'm happy with it. It has dust covers over the charging port and audio jack which might get cut off, but beyond that a great case for the money. Wireless charging is working fine with the case on also, on both the Samsung charger and the Duracell powermat.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
My Ringke Fusion Crystal View arrived yesterday and so far I have to say I'm happy with it. It has dust covers over the charging port and audio jack which might get cut off, but beyond that a great case for the money. Wireless charging is working fine with the case on also, on both the Samsung charger and the Duracell powermat.
Yeah, I noticed those flap doors over the ports on that case. Can't see that I would like those.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo