Samsung Galaxy S6 My Search For The Perfect Case Is Over

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
My Ringke Fusion Crystal View arrived yesterday and so far I have to say I'm happy with it. It has dust covers over the charging port and audio jack which might get cut off, but beyond that a great case for the money. Wireless charging is working fine with the case on also, on both the Samsung charger and the Duracell powermat.

If you could post pictures with the clear case on that would be awesome

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed those flap doors over the ports on that case. Can't see that I would like those.

I'm going to give it a chance. If I didn't have wireless charging at work and home, it would already be cut off. The only place I use a wired charger is in the car, unless I'm traveling or camping, etc.

Are these port cover flaps all loose or nice and tight up against the phone?

Nice and tight, not loose at all. They have a piece that sticks out that you "plug" into the port to secure it in place.

If you could post pictures with the clear case on that would be awesome

I should be able to get some picture tonight when I get home.

Anybody have a picture of the Ringke clear case on a black S6 or edge?

Do you mean the Fusion Crystal View I have? If so, I'll take some pictures tonight.

mactruck

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
My case came in. Initial reaction is that it maintains the thinness of the device which is huge for me. It's still slick in the back, but better than the actual phone.

Haven't used a phone case in a long time. I may keep this one.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to give it a chance. If I didn't have wireless charging at work and home, it would already be cut off. The only place I use a wired charger is in the car, unless I'm traveling or camping, etc.

Nice and tight, not loose at all. They have a piece that sticks out that you "plug" into the port to secure it in place.

I should be able to get some picture tonight when I get home.

Do you mean the Fusion Crystal View I have? If so, I'll take some pictures tonight.

Does it have that big water slick problem between the back of the phone and case?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Does it have that big water slick problem between the back of the phone and case?

It comes with a back "screen" protector, to avoid what they called a "rainbow" effect, I'm assuming this is the water slick problem you mention? It dulls the back a little, but I applied it because I figure at the very least it will add some protection from dust and dirt that gets trapped between the case and phone. I'm not seeing any rainbow or water slick effect.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry all, wasn't able to get the pictures last night. Was going to use my wife's phone to take the pictures but she worked late and I was asleep when she got home. Will try again tonight.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it took so long, here are some photos of the Ringke Fusion Crystal View on my phone. Not the best pictures, low light taken with a Droid Maxx or something.

IMG_20150421_080530840.jpgIMG_20150421_080540331.jpgIMG_20150421_080551939.jpgIMG_20150421_080614505.jpgIMG_20150421_080627838.jpgIMG_20150421_080642241.jpg

Now I really like the case, but it definitely doesn't show off the premium build of the phone (the back mainly) like I had hoped. I put on the frosted back screen protector as the instructions indicated, this certainly doesn't help. I want some protection there though, as I don't want dirt and dust trapped between the case and phone to be doing damage over time (also the back protector is suppose to remove the "rainbow" effect). So with all that being said I ordered this yesterday, Spigen Neo Hybrid EX, a true bumper case with no back. We'll see. Either way I'll have options.

s6_nh_ex_title_silver_2.jpg

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it took so long, here are some photos of the Ringke Fusion Crystal View on my phone. Not the best pictures, low light taken with a Droid Maxx or something.

View attachment 172864View attachment 172865View attachment 172866View attachment 172867View attachment 172868View attachment 172869

Now I really like the case, but it definitely doesn't show off the premium build of the phone (the back mainly) like I had hoped. I put on the frosted back screen protector as the instructions indicated, this certainly doesn't help. I want some protection there though, as I don't want dirt and dust trapped between the case and phone to be doing damage over time (also the back protector is suppose to remove the "rainbow" effect). So with all that being said I ordered this yesterday, Spigen Neo Hybrid EX, a true bumper case with no back. We'll see. Either way I'll have options.

View attachment 172870

I really want one of these cases I think they look amazing on this phone, but does it really offer any protection if dropped? And would it work with a glass screen protector?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I really want one of these cases I think they look amazing on this phone, but does it really offer any protection if dropped? And would it work with a glass screen protector?

Well I know with the Ringke version I have, it should offer protection for your average drops from your pocket, etc. The case I had for my S4 was the same basic concept and it survived it's fair share of drops. I think the Spigen true bumper case should provide similar protection from drops, even without the back, since the shock absorption should be the same with the inner TPU layer.

chriscookz

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the QuadLock case once it's released (whenever that will be). I really want to use the phone on my bike and their locking system is genius.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I swear by the speck candyshell grip case. I have them on all my phones and by far they are the best I have ever used.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got my case -- I will check how well wireless charging works when I get home and report back.

Attachments

• 1case.jpg
    1case.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 2case.jpg
    2case.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 41

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
This is the case i ordered and it arrived today! Excited to get home and get it put on.

Amazon.com: Galaxy S6 Case - Ringke SLIM ***Top and Bottom Coverage*** [CRYSTAL] Advanced Dual Coating Technology All Around Protection Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 - ECO Package: Cell Phones & Accessories

The other one i ordered on MARCH 30th apparently had quite the issues and i still don't have it. Apparently expected to arrive APRIL 23rd. Yes almost a month later for a case. I'm returning it the second I get it. Never ordering an Obliq case again, they didn't even speed ship me the new one when the first one got lost in the mail.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to hold out for the OEM Samsung case because it leaves the sides completely naked and there's no lip on the screen. The corners are designed to absorb the impact form any drop. Plus, it mostly clear but color matched to the phones. Just waiting for some reviews.

cajunB

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
does not look like it'll protect the device from a drop at all..

i'd rather spend a little more for a strong otterbox case.. imo...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
does not look like it'll protect the device from a drop at all..

i'd rather spend a little more for a strong otterbox case.. imo...

Who are you talking to ? Me? I am not worried about protection as I am a person who doesn't drop their phone (if I do .. it is very very rare). I got it for the kickstand mainly.

For those that need protection I would definitely recommend a better case than the one I got.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting for Lifeproof to release the Fre for the GS6, though at least they've got photos of it now.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid