05-01-2015 08:19 PM
68 123
tools
    And the winner is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4358908

Samsung Galaxy S6 My Search For The Perfect Case Is Over-71s1cbf720l._sl1500_.jpg

I was using a Spigen case (Galaxy S6 Case, Spigen® [Exact-Fit] Galaxy S6 Case Slim **NEW** [Thin Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium Matte Finish Hard Case for Galaxy S6 (2015) - Smooth) and it was really nice. A couple of relatively minor annoyances kept me on the search for "the perfect case" however. The side/top plastic pieces made it awkward to press the volume and power buttons at times and the fit was so tight that I was terrified I'd damage the phone if I took it off. Well, the Ringke case addresses both of these concerns brilliantly and preserves the phone's slim, natural beauty. The cutouts for the buttons are absolutely perfect and allow for easy access without your fingers accidentally 'pressing' the plastic around them rather than the buttons themselves. And it manages to be snug fitting without feeling like it's welded on to the phone...perhaps because it has little stress relief cutouts at each of the corners. An absolutely brilliant ergonomic design.

Now, in fairness, if you're looking for serious protection from drops and falls this is most certainly NOT the case for you. It's minimalistic and will only protect against relatively minor scrapes and drops. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that it comes with a seemingly well designed screen protector. I don't use these things so that'll just get tossed at some point I guess but it's a nice touch for a case costing just $9.99.

Hope this helps those of you looking for a case like this.
    darthhen, Zendroid1, tnt4 and 1 others like this.
    04-15-2015 06:46 AM
    Does it have a raised front lip to protect the screen when face down? I have a case not to different than this one and my GS3 has survived a minimum of a drop a week.
    04-15-2015 06:53 AM
    Does it have a raised front lip to protect the screen when face down? I have a case not to different than this one and my GS3 has survived a minimum of a drop a week.
    Yes, I should have mentioned that. The front lip of the case does extend ever so slightly over the screen so you are protected when you lay your phone down on its face. The cutout for the camera similarly protects the lens assembly when you put the phone down on its back.
    Inders99 likes this.
    04-15-2015 06:57 AM
    Thanks...I'll put this one down as one of my possibilities, thin is in for me.
    04-15-2015 07:01 AM
    04-15-2015 08:49 AM
    Thanks, now just to decide if I want clear or black. I have the clear Samsung case now but it pretty much offers zero drop protection.
    04-15-2015 08:54 AM
    Is this hard slippery plastic or does it have a rubbery grip?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 09:12 AM
    Is this hard slippery plastic or does it have a rubbery grip?

Posted via the Android Central App
    It's definitely not a TPU or rubbery grip but it has far more feel and grippiness than hard plastic or the phone itself.
    04-15-2015 09:24 AM
    OK I bought the case. It better be good or I'm coming for you OP!!

Although I don't know if I want to use a case since the phone is so beautiful. I'm loving using it without a case.
    04-15-2015 09:53 AM
    OK I bought the case. It better be good or I'm coming for you OP!!

Although I don't know if I want to use a case since the phone is so beautiful. I'm loving using it without a case.
    I tried using the phone 'naked' and I felt like I was trying hold onto to piece of melting ice. Using this phone without a case is a recipe for disaster IMO. I think you'll be thrilled with the case, especially if you want something minimalistic. Haven't found a better one yet.
    04-15-2015 10:04 AM
    Thanks. This looks like it is very similar to the case I have which is the Verus Two Tone Slide. The feel and fit of the case is phenomenal and it's the best I've ever had on any phone, but I do like the thought of having a clear case to show off the phones colors, so I might give this one a try. Not a huge fan of the colors on the case I have although they aren't bad. It's just the feeling of it that makes it feel strong like metal and thin that I love.
    04-15-2015 10:06 AM
    I was torn with either choosing that case or the Galaxy S6 Case, Spigen [METALLIZED BUTTONS] Neo Hybrid Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 and I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed with the one I chose as well. If something ever happens to my current case I know whats next it looks like.
    04-15-2015 10:14 AM
    I tried using the phone 'naked' and I felt like I was trying hold onto to piece of melting ice. Using this phone without a case is a recipe for disaster IMO. I think you'll be thrilled with the case, especially if you want something minimalistic. Haven't found a better one yet.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Normally I'm extremely careful with my phones and barely drop them but all it takes is one drop and the chances are the phone will be unusable! Having a case is definitely a necessary evil.
    04-15-2015 10:17 AM
    Yeah I know what you mean. Normally I'm extremely careful with my phones and barely drop them but all it takes is one drop and the chances are the phone will be unusable! Having a case is definitely a necessary evil.
    Especially with a glass front and back. Rather go heavy duty with a Defender whose profile now that I have had a few days with it slimmer than past cases and appears to be due to more than the thinness of the GS6 itself.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-15-2015 10:37 AM
    Thanks. This looks like it is very similar to the case I have which is the Verus Two Tone Slide. The feel and fit of the case is phenomenal and it's the best I've ever had on any phone, but I do like the thought of having a clear case to show off the phones colors, so I might give this one a try. Not a huge fan of the colors on the case I have although they aren't bad. It's just the feeling of it that makes it feel strong like metal and thin that I love.
    Because the metal of the phone is so beautiful I initially thought I'd like a case with a clear back. I tried a couple but I found that they ended up just looking tacky and cheap -- exactly what this phone is not. So I went with the black one pictured in the OP which still shows a bit of the phone's metal beauty from the front.
    04-15-2015 10:37 AM
    Well i'm currently having issues getting my case from amazon. Some shipping issue. I like that this has a crystal clear version since i really like the look of my S6 i don't want to cover it up. If i don't end up getting the one i have on order i'll go for this one. Looks solid.

On a side note.... its KILLING me not having a case on this phone. I'm so scared i'm going to drop it.
    04-15-2015 11:17 AM
    Well i'm currently having issues getting my case from amazon. Some shipping issue. I like that this has a crystal clear version since i really like the look of my S6 i don't want to cover it up. If i don't end up getting the one i have on order i'll go for this one. Looks solid.

On a side note.... its KILLING me not having a case on this phone. I'm so scared i'm going to drop it.
    Haha, I know what you mean about not having a case on it. I'm being extremely careful with it. My case arrives today, so I can't wait to get home and put it on tonight.
    04-15-2015 01:02 PM
    My Ringke Fusion Crystal View arrived yesterday and so far I have to say I'm happy with it. It has dust covers over the charging port and audio jack which might get cut off, but beyond that a great case for the money. Wireless charging is working fine with the case on also, on both the Samsung charger and the Duracell powermat.
    04-16-2015 06:45 AM
    Anybody have a picture of the Ringke clear case on a black S6 or edge?
    04-16-2015 07:40 AM
    My Ringke Fusion Crystal View arrived yesterday and so far I have to say I'm happy with it. It has dust covers over the charging port and audio jack which might get cut off, but beyond that a great case for the money. Wireless charging is working fine with the case on also, on both the Samsung charger and the Duracell powermat.
    Yeah, I noticed those flap doors over the ports on that case. Can't see that I would like those.
    04-16-2015 07:45 AM
    Yeah, I noticed those flap doors over the ports on that case. Can't see that I would like those.
    Are these port cover flaps all loose or nice and tight up against the phone?
    04-16-2015 08:04 AM
    If you could post pictures with the clear case on that would be awesome
    04-16-2015 08:16 AM
    I'm going to give it a chance. If I didn't have wireless charging at work and home, it would already be cut off. The only place I use a wired charger is in the car, unless I'm traveling or camping, etc.

Are these port cover flaps all loose or nice and tight up against the phone?
    Nice and tight, not loose at all. They have a piece that sticks out that you "plug" into the port to secure it in place.

If you could post pictures with the clear case on that would be awesome
    I should be able to get some picture tonight when I get home.

Anybody have a picture of the Ringke clear case on a black S6 or edge?
    Do you mean the Fusion Crystal View I have? If so, I'll take some pictures tonight.
    AlphaVictor87 and STEVESKI07 like this.
    04-16-2015 08:53 AM
    My case came in. Initial reaction is that it maintains the thinness of the device which is huge for me. It's still slick in the back, but better than the actual phone.

Haven't used a phone case in a long time. I may keep this one.
    04-16-2015 01:59 PM
    I'm going to give it a chance. If I didn't have wireless charging at work and home, it would already be cut off. The only place I use a wired charger is in the car, unless I'm traveling or camping, etc.

Nice and tight, not loose at all. They have a piece that sticks out that you "plug" into the port to secure it in place.

I should be able to get some picture tonight when I get home.

Do you mean the Fusion Crystal View I have? If so, I'll take some pictures tonight.
    Does it have that big water slick problem between the back of the phone and case?
    04-16-2015 02:01 PM
68 123