04-22-2015 11:03 PM
175 ... 4567
tools
    I'm on the Nexus 6, and believe me, a lot of people have the same issues. I think it's an individual thing. My battery is Ok, but I'm always near a car charger, QI charger, or rapid charger. It's not immune to the S6! Not trolling. Love the Samsung phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jcp007 likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:11 PM
    I'm on the Nexus 6, and believe me, a lot of people have the same issues. I think it's an individual thing. My battery is Ok, but I'm always near a car charger, QI charger, or rapid charger. It's not immune to the S6! Not trolling. Love the Samsung phones.

Appreciate your post as it brings perspective to the discussion.
    04-19-2015 07:13 PM

I've been saying the same thing for awhile. My Nexus 6 is affected by it, but my S6 Edge isn't.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    jcp007 likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:15 PM
    Thanks. Just trying to say that the battery issues are not unique to the Galaxy. Smartphones in general are most people's computers. They will burn thru the batteries. Some may be defective, or lacking for other reasons. Others work better. It's a crap shoot.

jcp007 likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:17 PM
    Thanks. Just trying to say that the battery issues are not unique to the Galaxy. Smartphones in general are most people's computers. They will burn thru the batteries. Some may be defective, or lacking for other reasons. Others work better. It's a crap shoot.

Wish there was a retweet feature in this forum. Thanks again.
    04-19-2015 07:20 PM

Which battery issues are they reporting on the nexus 6? Cell Standby drain or Play Services drain or both?
    04-19-2015 08:14 PM
    Both. Just general complaints regarding battery drain.

04-20-2015 03:36 AM
    Both. Just general complaints regarding battery drain.

I have the Nexus 6 and I'm hit with the cell standby issue. I'm not seeing that issue on my S6 Edge. Point being, this type of thing isn't exclusive to the S6. Google is having issues with Lollipop and they'll fix them.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    04-20-2015 08:01 AM
    I'm by no means whinging, just trying to optimise my battery life. I seem to be getting good standby time although not comparative to many others screen on time. I've tried turning wifi off, location has been on because I use smart lock feature. I use exchange email for work and also have an imap account. I'm in Australia on Optus network.
    Why is my battery life so bad?-uploadfromtaptalk1429614102736.jpg
    Why is my battery life so bad?-uploadfromtaptalk1429614186423.jpgWhy is my battery life so bad?-uploadfromtaptalk1429614229138.jpgWhy is my battery life so bad?-uploadfromtaptalk1429614241515.jpg
    04-21-2015 06:04 AM
    I'm by no means whinging, just trying to optimise my battery life. I seem to be getting good standby time although not comparative to many others screen on time. I've tried turning wifi off, location has been on because I use smart lock feature. I use exchange email for work and also have an imap account. I'm in Australia on Optus network.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429614102736.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	172837

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429614186423.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	172838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429614229138.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	172839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429614241515.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	172840
    Looks like you getting pretty good results. It may be just a matter of waiting for the Lollipop. What version of Google Play Services do you have? How is your carrier network signal strength?
    04-21-2015 06:10 AM
    I'm loving my S6, but I can't fix this battery drain problem i'm having with "Mobile Active Radio" in each app? It constantly runs in the background when I look at individual apps on the battery usage graph. I've factory reset the phone twice, also in recovery via TWRP to no avail, please help or i'll have to get a new phone.

Also, when I go into recovery and wipe cache like suggested, it runs but I get the below message on the log also?

e:resource (font)-(fixed) failed to load

What does it mean?
    04-21-2015 06:13 AM
    Looks like you getting pretty good results. It may be just a matter of waiting for the Lollipop. What version of Google Play Services do you have? How is your carrier network signal strength?
    Yes I'm pretty content just wondering if I've missed something, during the work day phone is mainly idle/standby. Carrier network generally pretty good usually 4g/LTE.
    Why is my battery life so bad?-uploadfromtaptalk1429615380093.jpg
    04-21-2015 06:23 AM
    I'm loving my S6, but I can't fix this battery drain problem i'm having with "Mobile Active Radio" in each app? It constantly runs in the background when I look at individual apps on the battery usage graph. I've factory reset the phone twice, also in recovery via TWRP to no avail, please help or i'll have to get a new phone.

Also, when I go into recovery and wipe cache like suggested, it runs but I get the below message on the log also?

e:resource (font)-(fixed) failed to load

What does it mean?
    It seems that you are rooted and/or installed a custom Recovery, then I think you better try over XDA forums as they are the ones that basically are working directly with Root or Custom Recovery or ROM related issues. Most of the users here just use their phones as they come, no root or TWRP, so most of the things that are posted here are oriented to just OEM OS.

I've read that people that have root have some issues with the device trying to deep sleep, the wakelock is incredibly high, but I think there was already a workaround or a fix.
    04-21-2015 07:09 AM
    My battery life is pretty nice with the s6. Yesterday was day 2 and I had 16hrs with 5hrs SOT.

Here's a pic of my usage today so far

Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery life so bad?-715.jpg  
    04-21-2015 07:13 AM
    Your phone might be defective? I'm getting around the same battery life as you and I'm planning to get a replacement. There is no way that there shud be so much difference in battery life in the same device

04-21-2015 11:12 AM
    OK, I'm going to humble myself and ask for help here and on XDA. This is my 4th day with the phone on Sprint, and my battery life absolutely sucks. 2.5 SoT maximum. The second I take it off the charger in the morning, it starts plummeting. I've tried lots of tweaks: WiFi calling and scanning off, WiFi off when sleeping, auto brightness (usually very low), location on GPS only, location history off. Was worried LTE signal was the issue, so I switched my radio to CDMA only. My M7 was fine, and my wife's iPhone 6 is fine, but I'm trying that as well. I hate to be melodramatic, but this is breaking my heart. I LOVE the phone other than this. It's my 7th (?) Android, but I'm so close to returning it.

*By the way, I restarted at about 83% this morning when I switched from LTE to CDMA, so that's the discrepancy with use time. But essentially, I took it off the charger at 7:45 am, and it's now 3:30 pm at 20%. Over 10% an hour with light use. Help?

*Edit: Obviously took the app sucker photo later...30 min later, and down 7% more :-(

Why is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-15-31-22.jpgWhy is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-15-33-40.jpgWhy is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-15-59-50.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-15-32-04.jpg  
    04-22-2015 02:58 PM
    OK, I'm going to humble myself and ask for help here and on XDA. This is my 4th day with the phone on Sprint, and my battery life absolutely sucks. 2.5 SoT maximum. The second I take it off the charger in the morning, it starts plummeting. I've tried lots of tweaks: WiFi calling and scanning off, WiFi off when sleeping, auto brightness (usually very low), location on GPS only, location history off. Was worried LTE signal was the issue, so I switched my radio to CDMA only. My M7 was fine, and my wife's iPhone 6 is fine, but I'm trying that as well. I hate to be melodramatic, but this is breaking my heart. I LOVE the phone other than this. It's my 7th (?) Android, but I'm so close to returning it.

*By the way, I restarted at about 83% this morning when I switched from LTE to CDMA, so that's the discrepancy with use time. But essentially, I took it off the charger at 7:45 am, and it's now 3:30 pm at 20%. Over 10% an hour with light use. Help?

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-22-15-31-22.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	173104Why is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-15-32-04.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-22-15-33-40.jpg 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	173106
    I'm using Sprint as well and also have battery issues, but your seem to be too much. Try getting a replacement
    mggopher likes this.
    04-22-2015 03:01 PM

*Edit: Obviously took the app sucker photo later...30 min later, and down 7% more :-(

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-22-15-31-22.jpg 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	173104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-22-15-33-40.jpg 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	173106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-22-15-59-50.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	173108
    As I can see in those screenshots, your phone has been awake more than a Third of the time since unplugged, so you should check the battery Stats that comes with the phone, maybe you will easily see there what app or service is keeping awake your phone, also, click on the App usage on GSAM and see if you find the app in there. GSAM also has a feature that tells you the Wakelock, so that's another way.

Other than that, and seeing that you already have done your part on tweaks, I'd suggest to try a Wipe Cache Partition on recovery Mode, and do a full charge after that and see what it does, if still the same do a Full backup with Samsung's Smart Switch for PC and then just go to Recovery mode and do a Wipe Data/Factory reset, then after the reboot and when it ask you to restore from a previous device say no and set it as a new device, then once you set the initial stuff do a Restore of the Smart Switch backup plus disable the Scanning Always available and Smart Network and other stuff you have already done and know you don't need.

Also, go to your Google Accounts and be sure that you are just syncing the Google Services and apps you use, everything is on by default and obviously not necessary if you don't need them, see if after that it gets better, it should, if not, get a replacement.
    mggopher likes this.
    04-22-2015 03:08 PM
    So, I performed a master reset last night since tomorrow is day 14 and the end of my return period. I'm coming from an iPhone 6 Plus, so I know I'm spoiled by battery. My question is "is this normal?"

I'm on AT&T. I have not disabled enhanced LTE, but I did the WiFi modifications that are supposed go help with battery life. Should I give up and return this or suck it up and realize it's not as bad as I feel it is?
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery life so bad?-1429734822968.jpg   Why is my battery life so bad?-1429734837799.jpg   Why is my battery life so bad?-1429734859169.jpg   Why is my battery life so bad?-1429734868342.jpg   Why is my battery life so bad?-1429734892739.jpg  

04-22-2015 03:35 PM
    So, I performed a master reset last night since tomorrow is day 14 and the end of my return period. I'm coming from an iPhone 6 Plus, so I know I'm spoiled by battery. My question is "is this normal?"

I'm on AT&T. I have not disabled enhanced LTE, but I did the WiFi modifications that are supposed go help with battery life. Should I give up and return this or suck it up and realize it's not as bad as I feel it is?
    If that's the best that it's going to do I would give up, that's not good at all.

jstkdn likes this.
    04-22-2015 04:18 PM

If that's after the reset, then, you still have something else affecting your Cell Standby, and that's part of your draining issue. I know some people will disagree here but your Display Brightness is taking it's toll also, I know that most of people will have your exact settings, around 50% and in Auto, but remember having it in Auto will definitely hit the battery as it is constantly adjusting the brightness to compensate for the light. I'd suggest you to lower a little more your brightness, if that's the lowest you can go, fine, but then, definitely don't use Auto, when you go outdoors then use the auto brightness if you need it, but not all the time.

About the Enhanced LTE, I can't really tell you as people have posted results with both on and off and some say it's better off and some that it doesn't do anything, in my case, T-mobile definitely there's something wrong when Wifi calling and VoLTE is on all the time, because the only day that I have seen the CelL Standby and saw some unexpected drain was when the Wifi calling for some unknown reason turned on by itself, I discovered it when I was looking for the unexpected drain and Cell standby usage, as soon as I turned it off, it hasn't come back and my battery has been just like it has been since day 1.

I'd try some of this today, if you still don't like results, try luck with a replacement, but definitely don't keep it if it's not working as expected.
    jstkdn likes this.
    04-22-2015 04:38 PM
    About the times you quoted...
    I work nights. That is my usage during my awake times. My usage is drastically far more intensive them anything you do on your phone. Above all, the latest software screen shots are with nothing turned off. Nothing crippled. In fact, with some things added that was not on by default.

No one wants you to cripple your phone. I won't for mine. Why should you. Sadly, you're too funny to even know that you are wrong about my battery life. Others have proven you wrong too with thier screen shots. Wrong is wrong. And got are wrong on this. You've proven nothing but that your mad. Grow up.

Your battery life was bad because your carrier messed up some part of the software, and the rest is Google's fault. If it is worse than most, then you got a lemon. But on AT&T and most other carriers the phone has great battery life.

So tired of hearing these lame excuses. Oh its the carriers fault. Oh its googles fault. Oh its the app developers fault. Oh its the users fault for not turning off a bunch of services.
    04-22-2015 05:10 PM
    As I can see in those screenshots, your phone has been awake more than a Third of the time since unplugged, so you should check the battery Stats that comes with the phone, maybe you will easily see there what app or service is keeping awake your phone, also, click on the App usage on GSAM and see if you find the app in there. GSAM also has a feature that tells you the Wakelock, so that's another way.

Other than that, and seeing that you already have done your part on tweaks, I'd suggest to try a Wipe Cache Partition on recovery Mode, and do a full charge after that and see what it does, if still the same do a Full backup with Samsung's Smart Switch for PC and then just go to Recovery mode and do a Wipe Data/Factory reset, then after the reboot and when it ask you to restore from a previous device say no and set it as a new device, then once you set the initial stuff do a Restore of the Smart Switch backup plus disable the Scanning Always available and Smart Network and other stuff you have already done and know you don't need.

Also, go to your Google Accounts and be sure that you are just syncing the Google Services and apps you use, everything is on by default and obviously not necessary if you don't need them, see if after that it gets better, it should, if not, get a replacement.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm feeling so desperate that ANY help at all feels like a drink in the desert, lol! I think I'm going to take the leap and factory reset. I'll set it up as a totally fresh device and hope that helps.
    erasat likes this.
    04-22-2015 05:54 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm feeling so desperate that ANY help at all feels like a drink in the desert, lol! I think I'm going to take the leap and factory reset. I'll set it up as a totally fresh device and hope that helps.
    Best of luck to you, I hope that it gets finally fixed for you.
    04-22-2015 05:57 PM
    I am on AT&T.

I did everything suggested on these forums except disable some junks that came with the phone. Just got this one yesterday, didn't have time to do all that yet.

Here is my 1 day old 64GB S6 first battery cycle. Normally I don't use the phone much, I just want to see how far I can push it.

I'm sure the battery will improve in a few cycles.

Why is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-18-27-54.jpgWhy is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-18-28-01.jpgWhy is my battery life so bad?-screenshot_2015-04-22-18-28-07.jpg
    04-22-2015 05:58 PM
175 ... 4567