S6 has no HDMI, MHL or other video output

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When I ran into this problem when I had an outage with my ISP, my common sense told me to enable my wireless hotspot and connect the Chromecast to it, and BLAM! Problem solved. You need to have another device to get the Chromecast connected to your phones hotspot. There's always a way with Android, just use your head.

Just to be clear, is it still streaming through router?

romhanyi

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that it does not work with the S6. I had it setup to connect Appradio but the dongle simply doesn't fit the S6. The dongle seem to have a little lip on the edges and I'm not about to force it into the brand new S6.

James Nieters

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
No, that is more than disappointing - some of us use cellphones as tools for business. I may just have to return my new Galaxy.
I just invested about $70 for MHL to VGA and MHL to HDMI adapters for use with monitors, older TV's, Projectors and so forth to handle larger output of the displays on my cellphone - an HTC until I "upgraded" last week to the Galaxy s6.
Now nothing works! I really doubt that Chromecast or the Firestick (suggested elsewhere) will drive a projector, but I will try ...
Plus I can't even use my 2 year old Samsung TV to mirror the phone.
Samsung, if you are listening this is a deficiency bordering on a defect or ommission, given the prevalence of MHL support on your and other products.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll chime in here because I've tinkered a lot with different standards both wired and wireless on phones. Basically the only two that have proven the most reliable have been a direct HDMI port built into the device, or WiFi streaming such as Chromecast. Other standards such as MHL, Slimport, etc were always a glitchy mess so I stopped bothering with them.

kobeisok

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it be so easy to just use the Samsung Allshare wireless HUB? Just connect it to your TV and turn on Screen Mirroring from settings and you're good to go! I bought one for 19 dollars plus 7 dollars shipping and it was cheaper than my MHL adapter I purchased way back when for my S5! I wish I had known about this before the MHL purchase, but I guess it is never too late. I also purchased a Chromecast to do this very thing and it didn't work out. I later sold it on craigslist for 15 bucks. I know, I took a lost, I was just glad to get rid of it!

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't it be so easy to just use the Samsung Allshare wireless HUB? Just connect it to your TV and turn on Screen Mirroring from settings and you're good to go! I bought one for 19 dollars plus 7 dollars shipping and it was cheaper than my MHL adapter I purchased way back when for my S5! I wish I had known about this before the MHL purchase, but I guess it is never too late. I also purchased a Chromecast to do this very thing and it didn't work out. I later sold it on craigslist for 15 bucks. I know, I took a lost, I was just glad to get rid of it!
The hub cost up to $80 so I don't know where you got it for $19. Removing video out was a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm watching a movie right now using Wi-Fi direct mirroring. It works great I've done it before. The thing that I use with is a Samsung Blu ray player that I happen to have. I don't miss wired video out at all. You can probably get this Blu ray player for under $70 nowadays.

Jae Pyrl

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a Kenwood in my car. download andiron auto and hook up the phone via usb with the port cord next to the hdmi cord the system provides..

nicole webb

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Is Samsung going to improve on this error or can individuals splice a Samsung Galaxy 6 charger cord with the HDMI cord used for the Samsung Galaxy 5? Switch heads, so to speak?

djtherapy

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Im upset with this as well as I used MHL to "mirror" android sevices and DVI---> HDMI to mirror on to my in car TV. And to play Audio through USB...

But one advantage of the S6, believe i or not it has a special feature that makes an audio connection to your car or home stereo as good as any digital connection. When first plugged into the AUX 3.5mm audio cable in my BMW the S6 automatically went into an audio setup mode that eliminated the loud humm you traditionally hear through this route. Its hard to explain but if you try it youll see what I mean

That being said, MHL not being compatible is a big let down.

LTA1

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Nice read here ☺ i just learned about mhl 3 yesterday, saw it on samsung uk website.. and yes, its different from the mhl 2.0, its UHD compatible ☺ good thing i didnt order the mhl 2. Model number for the mhl 3 is EE-HN910FWESTA
But i dont have an s6 to test it with, i got the s5 instead, because of its water resistance ☺

Hope this helps ☺

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech