05-06-2015 08:45 AM
41 12
tools
    Just exchange it for a new one. Besides battery, you seem to be having other issues not typical, like bad wifi, homescreen reboots.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 05:24 PM
    Hi folks. I'm giving it ANOTHER chance! I reset it, took the sim out...put the sim back in....etc etc....had it even all packed up and was ready but then I looked on other forums and I think the common denominator with folks having problems is...drum roll please: lollipop!!
    Granted, there are different flavors of lollipops (grin) on each phone...but regardless...it drains the batteries on the best of them!
    So, I'm gonna hang in there and see what happens with any updates (sigh)...looks like Samsung is looking into this.
    But we shall see what happens tomorrow haha.
    04-15-2015 06:08 PM
    Hi folks. I'm giving it ANOTHER chance! I reset it, took the sim out...put the sim back in....etc etc....had it even all packed up and was ready but then I looked on other forums and I think the common denominator with folks having problems is...drum roll please: lollipop!!
    Granted, there are different flavors of lollipops (grin) on each phone...but regardless...it drains the batteries on the best of them!
    So, I'm gonna hang in there and see what happens with any updates (sigh)...looks like Samsung is looking into this.
    But we shall see what happens tomorrow haha.
    I had the LG G3 and i gave it to my dad because it spit and sputtered worse than any Samsung with TW. Now that he's got lollipop, sprint version, he says his battery life barely lasts him a day.

But welcome back!

04-15-2015 06:40 PM
    I would exchange it for a new device. That's too many bugs. I'm on Tmobile and I get excellent battery life. I been off the chargwr since 6:30am. I worked from 7:45am-7pm, so no wifi and I still have 46% at 8:22pm. I had location and Bluetooth on all day while connected to my gear S.

04-15-2015 07:26 PM
    Hi folks. I was getting so many glitches.....bad battery life, constantly searching for wifi at home, lag and rebooting of homescreens, so I reset the dang device.
    And also, instead of loading all my apps from the cloud, I set it up as a new device.
    While the battery life is still not the best, the phone is working better...but I might still exchange it if the battery life is so subpar.
    My battery life seems to have settled down. I took my phone off the charger about 8 this am, and still have 71% left. It's now 7 pm. Give it a few days.
    04-15-2015 09:01 PM
    My battery life seems to have settled down. I took my phone off the charger about 8 this am, and still have 71% left. It's now 7 pm. Give it a few days.
    It has been better

04-15-2015 11:19 PM
    Warpdrive-Fantastic battery life- that is exactly what I hope to get IF I get an S6 or Edge BUT as you say I will be on Metro/Tmo and
    may be a different story there with different Carrier.
    Is your screen brightness about 25% ?
    Curious also- with VoLTE OFF when you make a call does the display go from LTE down to 4G during the call ?
    With VoLTE ON it should stay in LTE even on calls and internet simultaneously.
    Is this correct ?
    04-15-2015 11:58 PM
    Warpdrive-Fantastic battery life- that is exactly what I hope to get IF I get an S6 or Edge BUT as you say I will be on Metro/Tmo and
    may be a different story there with different Carrier.
    Is your screen brightness about 25% ?
    Curious also- with VoLTE OFF when you make a call does the display go from LTE down to 4G during the call ?
    With VoLTE ON it should stay in LTE even on calls and internet simultaneously.
    Is this correct ?
    Screen brightness is 35% indoors unless I'm gaming or watching YouTube then it's 50% while indoors. Brightness is on auto when I'm out of the house, so it's brighter then.

With AT&T and T-Mobile you don't need to have VoLTE to have both 4G Web capabilities and talk at the same time so no need for VoLTE. All VoLTE does for us is allow you to have clearer phone calls IF the other party also has a capable phone and the feature is turned on.

04-16-2015 12:29 AM
    A quick advice that works for me and my family & friends is to "forget" all the Wi-Fi network you don't connect anymore.

I'll lost 20+% battery in idle mode. Now only 2%.
    us2does1 likes this.
    04-16-2015 12:58 AM
    I have the S5 but it's meh since its verizon and there's no root. My wife has a note 4 stock and it's got more life by double I would say.
    04-17-2015 03:55 AM
    Tried all the tricks and got the update yesterday. Seemed to get a little better as I almost hit 4 hr sot. Sadly, I dropped 20% overnight. I did have 2 work emails come in but I still don't think that warrants a 20% drop. Love this phone...should I swap it out for a new one?? Am I asking too much
    04-17-2015 04:16 AM
    Warpdrive, what wifi router are you connecting to? I don't know many phones that will handle 3 hours of gaming either and an hour of YouTube. But it would be interesting to know which routers are being used when the wifi issues are occurring.
    04-17-2015 09:04 PM
    I have been having major issues and I'm running a fantastic ASUS RT-AC68U here (dual-band AC wi-fi). I have tried both 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, as well as Wi-Fi off. As far as I can tell no difference. Cell Standby continues to tick upwards.

Not to mention Android System is using > 30%.
    04-17-2015 09:09 PM
    If you haven't already, try removing any weather widget and turn off location services and see how the battery goes.

The LG G3 is a a big step backward from the S6, although if the battery is killing you, anything is better.
    LG G3 a step backwards? My battery life is awesome, coming from the htc line off phones LG is so much smoother and cleaner. Now with lollipop out outta even better than before. Never liked anything Samsung but my tv....Too flimsy and to much iPhone..

sent from LGG3 with lollipop
    04-19-2015 01:48 PM
    LG G3 a step backwards? My battery life is awesome, coming from the htc line off phones LG is so much smoother and cleaner. Now with lollipop out outta even better than before. Never liked anything Samsung but my tv....Too flimsy and to much iPhone..

sent from LGG3 with lollipop
    Yep so much happier with LG

njshoremom4gurlz likes this.
    04-19-2015 02:37 PM
    I love the lgg3 battery however does need charging after 5-6 hours of use unlike the note 4 or iPhone 6plus.
    I am switching back to the note 4. Hubby loves the lgg3 and for the price it's soooo worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-06-2015 08:45 AM
41 12