I'm going to ask this again as it seems that every time I ask it gets buried under hundreds of new threads and sadly, most of those are asking the same.

Besides, turning off Smart Network and Scanning Always Available, both on Wifi Settings, and turning off Wifi Calling (turn it on only when needed) and VoLTE, can someone that still have the Cell Standby drain check your wifi settings? I mean, I have posted this a couple of times and just 1 have tried it (Almeuit) and confirmed today it was a lot better than before, but check if your Wifi router is 2.4 or 5Ghz, if you have both, just set your 2.4Ghz connection or force your phone to connect just to it. See what happens after a couple of hours.
    04-15-2015 02:39 PM
    I don't have as bad of a cell standby issue as some, I'm on AT&T with usually less then 10% each day, but my WiFi router at home does 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz so I can swtich it over to the 2.4Ghz amd see if there is any effect.
    04-15-2015 02:49 PM
    Last night I connected to my 5Ghz router and only lost 2% overnight and no cell standby issues. But the standby issues started again today at work (where I have no Wi-Fi. Prior to last night I was losing over 20% per night on my 5Ghz router and the issue fixed itself at work. It's been flipped.
    04-15-2015 02:53 PM
    When all this posts and threads got out of control with a stampede of people complaining about the same and my device was working as great as expected I began thinking what may be different, people began turning off VoLTE, Wifi Calling, Smart Network and Scanning Always and some got it fixed, for others it was better but still see some Cell Standby drain and others never post what they have done and just keep posting the same again and again creating new threads without reading the ones that are providing some tips and tweaks to help.

So, a couple of days ago, over the weekend at home I was working with my router and then I remember about this and went to check what I may have different, and I realized that my Motorola Cable Modem just had the 2.4ghz connection set, then I remembered that at work I just have a 2.4ghz router also (I'm the IT guy), so that made me think that it may have something to do with all this as I was all day at work on Friday and Saturday and Sunday at home and I was getting almost 6 hours of SoT, no Cell Standby drain (at 1%) and standby mode was perfect, my device is getting into deep sleep while not in used.

Then I checked over XDA and there was another guy that seems to have the same results with the 2.4ghz router so at that point I saw a pattern, problem is that I posted that information here and like I mentioned before, it seems that people like to ignore me , maybe it's my English, as I'm not a native English Speaker, or something, I don't know, but after a couple of days, just 1 guy has tried this (Almeuit) and he posted today that it got a lot better, basically reduced the drain to 1% per hour.

So, PLEASE, can anybody else try this and post results?
    04-15-2015 02:59 PM
    Erasat....

I'm on sprint and have this issue. I'm also connected to a 2.4Ghz router while at home. Today, i turned off my WiFi before leaving for work, and after 11 hours of work and now home, my cell standby was at 10%. I turned on my WiFi and within minutes i was up to 12%. Turned off my WiFi again and been on my phone for about an hour and cell standby is still at 12%.

To me, it's not a 2.4 or 5Ghz problem but a WiFi problem in general.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 03:43 PM
    Erasat....

I'm on sprint and have this issue. I'm also connected to a 2.4Ghz router while at home. Today, i turned off my WiFi before leaving for work, and after 11 hours of work and now home, my cell standby was at 10%. I turned on my WiFi and within minutes i was up to 12%. Turned off my WiFi again and been on my phone for about an hour and cell standby is still at 12%.

To me, it's not a 2.4 or 5Ghz problem but a WiFi problem in general.

Yeah it seem to vary per person .. even per carrier randomly. It is hard to pin-point. I was pretty sure it was wifi but I switched to the 2.4 from my 5 ghz .. kept wifi calling on .. VoLTE on .. all that .. and lose 1.1% an hour on idle. It is weird.

I don't get cell standby at all though when WiFi is off (so basically when out and about / at work). It is an odd issue indeed.
    04-15-2015 03:58 PM
    Yeah it seem to vary per person .. even per carrier randomly. It is hard to pin-point. I was pretty sure it was wifi but I switched to the 2.4 from my 5 ghz .. kept wifi calling on .. VoLTE on .. all that .. and lose 1.1% an hour on idle. It is weird.

I don't get cell standby at all though when WiFi is off (so basically when out and about / at work). It is an odd issue indeed.
    I just checked cell standby and it's still at 12%. As soon as i turn on WiFi though, cell standby guess through the roof.

04-15-2015 05:30 PM
    I just checked cell standby and it's still at 12%. As soon as i turn on WiFi though, cell standby guess through the roof.

Yeah -- it is an odd issue. I hope 5.1 or something will solve it.
    04-15-2015 05:35 PM
    When all this posts and threads got out of control with a stampede of people complaining about the same and my device was working as great as expected I began thinking what may be different, people began turning off VoLTE, Wifi Calling, Smart Network and Scanning Always and some got it fixed, for others it was better but still see some Cell Standby drain and others never post what they have done and just keep posting the same again and again creating new threads without reading the ones that are providing some tips and tweaks to help.

So, a couple of days ago, over the weekend at home I was working with my router and then I remember about this and went to check what I may have different, and I realized that my Motorola Cable Modem just had the 2.4ghz connection set, then I remembered that at work I just have a 2.4ghz router also (I'm the IT guy), so that made me think that it may have something to do with all this as I was all day at work on Friday and Saturday and Sunday at home and I was getting almost 6 hours of SoT, no Cell Standby drain (at 1%) and standby mode was perfect, my device is getting into deep sleep while not in used.

Then I checked over XDA and there was another guy that seems to have the same results with the 2.4ghz router so at that point I saw a pattern, problem is that I posted that information here and like I mentioned before, it seems that people like to ignore me , maybe it's my English, as I'm not a native English Speaker, or something, I don't know, but after a couple of days, just 1 guy has tried this (Almeuit) and he posted today that it got a lot better, basically reduced the drain to 1% per hour.

My home router is 2.4/5 but I always connect on the 2.4 network. 2.4 vs 5 is not the problem in my opinion. With WiFi turned on, I went from 93% to 40% over 7 hours last night without even touching the phone... total ****. Cell Standby was something like 39% of the battery consumption.
    I switched Wi-Fi completely off this morning and recharged to 100%. It's been 8h30m since and my battery is at 72% with normal use and predicted time is another 9h left, probably will be more. This is much better! but no WiFi

I'm on AT&T by the way.
    04-15-2015 06:07 PM

You may be onto something here. After reading so many posts on this (huge threads on XDA Developers) I'm thinking the the only explanation for the variance between some people who have this (me) and some who don't is their WiFi routers. I'm starting to think that the S6 is not playing nicely with a number of brands of routers. I use an all Apple WiFi system at home as well as at my office. Apple Airport Extremes in both locations.

The S6 connects up to them just fine but maybe there is something in the WiFi connection with the Airport Extreme causing the S6 to run both WiFi and the cell radio simultaneously, causing the standby drain. Like the S6, somehow, doesn't know it's on WiFi so it's running both radios simultaneously.

Just curious what other WiFi routers people with the WiFi standby drain are running. Perhaps there could be some WiFi router brands that the S6 plays well with and others that it doesn't - just a hunch. I do know that with WiFi off on the S6, there is no drain and the battery is fine.
    04-15-2015 06:36 PM
    See, I'm on AT&T and have little to no cell standby issue and usually get 17 to 19 hours per charge with about 3 hours screen on time. Today I'll likely get about 14 hours but I used the phone a bit more with some GPS stuff and apps the use GPS. I just have the basic stuff that's been suggested turned off/restricted; stuff I do on most phones.

It's just really odd how people on the same carriers have no standby issues and some it goes crazy. Lollipop is know to have some battery drain/cell standby issues but it seems WiFi calling exacerbates it greatly, with AT&T and Verizon don't have WiFi calling and the cell standby issues seem to be a little less widespread.

My router is an ASUS RT-AC66U and I have been using the 5Ghz band. I had some cell standby issues early on, 25%+ per day, but they settled down once I disabled things like WiFI scanning and all that. My cell standby and battery drain is worse in the morning as cell standby pops up then most. My work WiFi is 2.4Ghz I think.

I'm hoping 5.1 corrects if not helps but I think I've seen some people with Nexus devices saying Google didn't fix it. Hopefully they also fix the Google Play Services drain issue to; that just needs an app update.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    04-15-2015 07:19 PM
    I am on ATT...I have a Netgear N600 dual band router. I have no idea how to set it to one setting over another. It seems both the 2.5 and 5 Ghz lights are on on the front. Today I had cell standby of 34%. I just pulled my phone off the charger and in 20 minutes the battery has gone to 97% with only texting. I really like the phone, I sure hope they figure this battery thing out.
    04-15-2015 09:10 PM
    Reading the replies made me think that besides waiting for you to try this, it was a good idea to do the contrary on my end, changing my 2.4ghz wifi connections to 5ghz. So I did it, last night I did it at home and as soon as I arrived to the office I finally replaced the old Wifi with a Netgear Dual band that was waiting in the box to be installed, so obviously I set the 5ghz connection, I did the forget Wifi connection (old one) and established a new connection for the new one and I'm happy for me but sad in general that it seems that it's not just this.

I was at home all night, and after connecting to the 5ghz at home it just lost 4% of battery overnight and here at my office, for the past 3+ hours with the new router connection it's behavior is just like the past 5 days, great. So my conclusion is that it may be part of it but not just this.
    04-16-2015 09:49 AM