Smart Remote has stopped working

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
That app's service appears to be running in the background on my phone and I've only opened it once a few days ago. It may be as simple as stopping the service in your Application Mgr. (Settings - Device - Applications - Application Manager, page over to "Running", scroll down until you find Peel Smart Remote). Not sure if that'll resolve things for you, but might be worth a shot. (I assume the service may start again if you restart the phone, so there's that...)

Posted via the Android Central App

thomasaveni

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Used the Peel Smart Remote once, and it seemed to work well. Went to use it the next day and I'm getting a "no signal" message. I've tried EVERYTHING since to get it working again. No luck. Tried rebooting my Direct TV receiver. Changing the HDMI inputs. Checked all cable connections, etc.. NO LUCK! I worked with Direct TV tech support. They can't figure it out either. My advice, given my experience, would be to avoid the Peel Smart Remote.

ababbar

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the EXACT same problem. Wiped my phone and it started working again, and next day stopped again! Lots of trial and error later (added an app at a time, and kept checking the remote app) figured that it was the CM Locker app that was conflicting with it... after I un-installed that, it works like a charm!

If you're not using CM Locker, then a similar app, or a memory cleaner app (cause CM Locker does that too) might be the culprit! Best of luck!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC