Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks to be Samsung will be dedicated to the theme service with updates to the shop and future themes, I'm loving this idea and glad the company will continue to update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5605.jpg
    5605.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 207

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Definitely a cool feature. I'd like to see if someone can make a theme to make it look close to stock Android. Just wish it would come to the Note 4 :(

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
They can only get better. The current themes in the store are terrible. I swear someone in charge at Samsung is colorblind.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
They can only get better. The current themes in the store are terrible. I swear someone in charge at Samsung is colorblind.

If you look at the current offerings in the theme store you'd swear that all S6 purchasers are eight to twelve years old. C'mon Samsung, some of us are actually adults with college degrees.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Looks like they released some new themes as well. I'm hoping it's a weekly thing. And not just themes designed for 6 year olds and grandma's.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Seems like themes are wallpapers and icon packs. How big a footprint do they have? I miss them from my RIM days.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the current offerings in the theme store you'd swear that all S6 purchasers are eight to twelve years old. C'mon Samsung, some of us are actually adults with college degrees.
I agree. I was surprised how childish most of the themes look, garish color schemes and icons that were drawn by 6 year olds.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm giving TW another go because everyone is going on about how well it's working. Am I the only person to notice that ( I'm using the Captain Amaerica theme) when you move the phone (tilt left & tight or tilt up & down) that the background wallpaper appears to move giving a 3D effect? You may have to put an Icon in the middle of the screen to really notice but it's a really cool effect.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'm giving TW another go because everyone is going on about how well it's working. Am I the only person to notice that ( I'm using the Captain Amaerica theme) when you move the phone (tilt left & tight or tilt up & down) that the background wallpaper appears to move giving a 3D effect? You may have to put an Icon in the middle of the screen to really notice but it's a really cool effect.

It's called parallax effect and it was introduced on iOS I think with version 8 and Samsung did the same but they didn't even mention it, so just a few people know about it.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, that's the parallax effect (taken from the iPhone lol)

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
It's called parallax effect and it was introduced on iOS I think with version 8 and Samsung did the same but they didn't even mention it, so just a few people know about it.

Didn't Apple have to put an option in to disable it because people were complaining that it was making them sick or something?

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, this is something I'm really interested but hoping it comes for Note 4.

It would be a reason for me to come back to TouchWiz, from Google Now Launcher.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This feature wasn't an Apple invention, I was using a live wallpaper that did the same thing long before it was part of IOS. Apple just popularized it. It is quite a nifty effect!

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Being an old Blackberry owner (it actually owned me--ah the constant battery pulls on my Storm), I loved the themes. The only one I like so far on my s6 is the Retro one. Easy to see the icons, can read the status bar, cool artwork, etc. I'll bet there will be some really fun ones coming.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I am very excited about the themes, one of the reasons i got excited about the S6. Ill definitely consider paying for some if they're to my liking, really hope a lot are created and it takes off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC