Looks to be Samsung will be dedicated to the theme service with updates to the shop and future themes, I'm loving this idea and glad the company will continue to update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Themes-5605.jpg  
    04-16-2015 11:25 AM
    Definitely a cool feature. I'd like to see if someone can make a theme to make it look close to stock Android. Just wish it would come to the Note 4
    vegasdroid and Old Guy 59 like this.
    04-16-2015 12:06 PM
    They can only get better. The current themes in the store are terrible. I swear someone in charge at Samsung is colorblind.

mrgiven likes this.
    04-16-2015 12:16 PM
    They can only get better. The current themes in the store are terrible. I swear someone in charge at Samsung is colorblind.

If you look at the current offerings in the theme store you'd swear that all S6 purchasers are eight to twelve years old. C'mon Samsung, some of us are actually adults with college degrees.
    04-16-2015 12:31 PM
    Looks like they released some new themes as well. I'm hoping it's a weekly thing. And not just themes designed for 6 year olds and grandma's.

04-16-2015 01:16 PM
    Seems like themes are wallpapers and icon packs. How big a footprint do they have? I miss them from my RIM days.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    mountainman likes this.
    04-16-2015 01:35 PM
    If you look at the current offerings in the theme store you'd swear that all S6 purchasers are eight to twelve years old. C'mon Samsung, some of us are actually adults with college degrees.
    I agree. I was surprised how childish most of the themes look, garish color schemes and icons that were drawn by 6 year olds.
    04-16-2015 01:56 PM
    Ok I'm giving TW another go because everyone is going on about how well it's working. Am I the only person to notice that ( I'm using the Captain Amaerica theme) when you move the phone (tilt left & tight or tilt up & down) that the background wallpaper appears to move giving a 3D effect? You may have to put an Icon in the middle of the screen to really notice but it's a really cool effect.
    04-17-2015 07:25 AM
    Ok I'm giving TW another go because everyone is going on about how well it's working. Am I the only person to notice that ( I'm using the Captain Amaerica theme) when you move the phone (tilt left & tight or tilt up & down) that the background wallpaper appears to move giving a 3D effect? You may have to put an Icon in the middle of the screen to really notice but it's a really cool effect.
    It's called parallax effect and it was introduced on iOS I think with version 8 and Samsung did the same but they didn't even mention it, so just a few people know about it.
    bogdaryl likes this.
    04-17-2015 07:33 AM
    Yeah, that's the parallax effect (taken from the iPhone lol)

bogdaryl likes this.
    04-17-2015 07:35 AM
    It's called parallax effect and it was introduced on iOS I think with version 8 and Samsung did the same but they didn't even mention it, so just a few people know about it.
    Didn't Apple have to put an option in to disable it because people were complaining that it was making them sick or something?

04-17-2015 07:35 AM
    Yeah, that's the parallax effect (taken from the iPhone lol)

Ok that's good to know. Thanks I was hoping I hadn't comepletely lost my mind between my kids and Ex-wives. Lol
    HMBgal likes this.
    04-17-2015 07:50 AM
    Yeah, this is something I'm really interested but hoping it comes for Note 4.

It would be a reason for me to come back to TouchWiz, from Google Now Launcher.
    04-17-2015 08:16 AM
    This feature wasn't an Apple invention, I was using a live wallpaper that did the same thing long before it was part of IOS. Apple just popularized it. It is quite a nifty effect!

Rashawn29 likes this.
    04-17-2015 11:31 AM
    Being an old Blackberry owner (it actually owned me--ah the constant battery pulls on my Storm), I loved the themes. The only one I like so far on my s6 is the Retro one. Easy to see the icons, can read the status bar, cool artwork, etc. I'll bet there will be some really fun ones coming.
    04-17-2015 11:43 AM
    I am very excited about the themes, one of the reasons i got excited about the S6. Ill definitely consider paying for some if they're to my liking, really hope a lot are created and it takes off.
    04-17-2015 12:51 PM
    Does anyone know if or when themes are comming to the note 4?

04-17-2015 01:48 PM
    Does anyone know if or when themes are comming to the note 4?

Don't believe they are.

04-17-2015 04:30 PM
    Don't believe they are.

Sadly 😢
    04-17-2015 04:38 PM