View Poll Results: Does your home button rattle when tapped

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, my home button is solid.

32 62.75%
  • Yes, it started out solid but now it rattles.

9 17.65%
  • Yes, it has rattled since I got it.

10 19.61%
11-20-2015 12:03 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    Mine is solid. It isn't like locked in but it clicks firmly when pressed. No real issues.
    04-30-2015 12:14 PM
    Mine is solid. It isn't like locked in but it clicks firmly when pressed. No real issues.
    Same here, took a few phones to get one without build quality issues though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-30-2015 03:00 PM
    Update on the 32 gb white edge: still solid after eight days. I've searched the forums, and it does not appear this issue is affecting the edge models, only the regular s6.

I think we'd be hearing more about his issue from s6 owners, but I suspect most users simply don't notice the issue, or if they do, they don't care.
    05-01-2015 09:29 AM
    Black S6 64gb here ... AT&T ... phone is about 10 days old ... home button is still solid as a rock, as is the rest of the phone.
    05-01-2015 06:45 PM
    Yeah mines does it too. I was just abiut to ask myself.

05-02-2015 04:28 AM
    Had this problem with my first one, then went back to the store for a replacement. Slight better but still the same problem. Maybe I'll go back for a third time if it continues to bother me haha.
    05-02-2015 01:21 PM
    My replacement is still solid 10 days later. Looks like a small problem among a few phones, not an epidemic.
    05-04-2015 10:26 AM
    Hello!!! I have the same issue with the phone... Got it new and 8 days later I felt the sensation and the sound that something was wrong. The company that sold me the phone told me that they have to take it to the repair store so I wont have a phone for a while. I dont know what is going on here.... I had an S4 for 2 years and It still working good...
    If it bothers you, return and exchange.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-04-2015 10:42 AM
    Hi all,

After doing a bit of googling I have come across this site and thought I would register to contribute to the thread!

I have had a Galaxy S6 32GB Black Sapphire for just over two weeks, either the home button was fine at first or I have only just noticed, but the home button does feel loose and makes a noise when its lightly tapped. For a premium phone I don't think this should be happening. My Galaxy S3 never had any issue and I had that for around 4 years! Also I have two Samsung tablets and the home buttons have a nice firm press with no movement/noise.

My carrier, EE, have agreed to replace my handset (after a debate about timescales as apparently I was 1 day past my 14 day return policy!!). Once I've got this tomorrow and checked I will let you know whether its any different!

Cheers,

Andy
    05-06-2015 10:34 AM
    So, I bought my galaxy S6 (64Gb Sapphire Black model) 4 days ago and experienced this issue and figured I would create an account to share my story.

Coming from a flawless Note 4, which has the same type of home button, with a different fingerprint scanner, I noticed the rattling and looseness right away, but didn't think much of it. It was a few days later when I was tapping the fingerprint scanner that I really noticed and remembered a difference when compared to my Note 4 and decided to google search it. Sure enough, I found many threads on the matter including this one. Being the OCD freak that I am, I went to the store and after much debate (obviously, the manager didn't think it was an issue although two tech employees agreed it was) and after comparing with a month old, highly abused display model with a rock solid home button I found that it was, in fact, an issue (although once again, the manager disagreed).

Bottom line, I got it replaced and my new phone has a solid and clicky home button, with a very similar feel to that of my Note. I'm really glad I swapped it out and highly recommend you do so too if you have this issue, it's a very expensive phone after all. I can't say how it will hold up over time, but if it gets back to the rattling, I'm probably going to keep it, since it will be a flaw that came over time in an otherwise flawless piece of hardware and probably will happen to all phones, but rattling right off the bat, not acceptable. I'm pretty optimistic about it though, since I had my Note for 4 months and the button was impeccable.

I hope this helped some of you fellow S6 owners and I thank everyone that shared their experience before me.
    05-09-2015 07:29 AM
    Got the same problem on my Black Sapphire S6. Annoying. I find myself not wanting to press the button since the feel of it annoys me...
    05-09-2015 07:55 AM
    So far after 8 days my 64gb black edge us great. No rattle nor is jt loose. Now I will watch for jt since so many of you are having issues.
    05-09-2015 08:28 AM
    A month later, no issues.
    05-09-2015 08:40 AM
    Saw this thread randomly and decided to check my s6 black version which for the 5 days I had it, I thought I had a perfect phone, no purple spot in camera, battery seems good, screen is fine. Then saw this thread and thought let me see if my home button is OK. Didn't think anything was wrong with it as I never felt a wiggle or anything when pressed. So I took a closer look and there's slight rattle when the right side is tapped but not the left. The actual home button doesn't move but seems like the right side of the top layer maybe isn't glued on properly. It's annoying me now, I just keep tapping the button. Almost wish I never saw this thread lol. It's basically exactly like this s6 on this video

I've got my s6 all set up, media etc transfered, thinking should I go exchange it or will it just be the same or worse have other defects.

BioFanatic likes this.
    05-09-2015 08:06 PM
    In my case, it started to bother me more when I found the thread, I know I would keep tapping the button every day and be annoyed by it more and more until eventually, after a very long time, I would stop caring. If you're anything like me, I would recommend you get it back to the store, I switched out mine and it came out perfect. Over time it might get back to the rattle, but it's not the same as it being there out of the box, although I don't think it will happen. It's true you might get a worse one or one with a tint on the screen, but If you're dealing with a reasonable retailer, just keep switching until you get a perfect one. From what I've seen, it seems the ones with loose home buttons are not the most common. It's your money, your phone, you should be able to get a flawless s6. Good luck!
    05-10-2015 08:03 AM
    Mine does it. It's going back for Exchange.

05-10-2015 09:58 AM
    In my case, it started to bother me more when I found the thread, I know I would keep tapping the button every day and be annoyed by it more and more until eventually, after a very long time, I would stop caring. If you're anything like me, I would recommend you get it back to the store, I switched out mine and it came out perfect. Over time it might get back to the rattle, but it's not the same as it being there out of the box, although I don't think it will happen. It's true you might get a worse one or one with a tint on the screen, but If you're dealing with a reasonable retailer, just keep switching until you get a perfect one. From what I've seen, it seems the ones with loose home buttons are not the most common. It's your money, your phone, you should be able to get a flawless s6. Good luck!
    Agree considering this is a expensive and premium phone it should be 100% perfect out the box. I do the same now, I constantly tap it and just knowing it's there annoys me. To be fair if the rattle was equal ie not just on 1 side I may have been fine. I went back to carphone warehouse(cpw) I got it from and they had none in stock to replace. So when to a different cpw store and he got another s6 out and it had same issue and said it's not a fault if they all do it. After explaining to him it's clearly a fault as I have checked other s6 models that do not have the issue and it's clearly a faulty batch. He then said wait till a new batch comes in and check then if the issue persist. Will go back next week and try get a replacement. It's no point replacing if the replacement has the issue too. I wonder if the ratio of rattling button is higher than buttons with no rattle.

05-10-2015 10:00 AM
    Ok had my replacement and the button is solid, hopefully it will stay that way!!

Just waiting on the update to become available now.
    05-10-2015 10:25 AM
    OK so just got mines replaced and new one feels solid. Will see how it holds up.

05-11-2015 08:54 AM
    Unfortunately, I found yet another issue with the home button on my phone...

I found that if i press the left and especially the right side, it does not register. Eventually, after a bunch of missed clicks, the center of the button stops working too. I found a video on youtube showing the problem: www youtube com/watch? v=R5IIAIl0Dfw (minus the spaces)
    Have any of you experienced this issue?

Edit: After testing out a few things I found that it happens on both sides and with up to moderate pressure, if I press faster or with more pressure it almost always registers. Might be that if you press on the sides, it activates the spring mechanism but not the pressure sensor in the center, unless it's with more force. The thing is, with a button shaped like that, it's easy to miss the center...
    05-11-2015 08:59 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing! And it started to bother me, the only thing that sucks is I got mine from amazon... we'll see what the customer rep will have to say.
    05-11-2015 11:59 AM
    Damn looks like I'll be doing another exchange. This time button is fine but just found what looks like maybe dust underneath the glass. Thought it was my screen protector but took that off and it's definitely underneath the glass.

05-11-2015 01:29 PM
    Just went to exchange mine for a new 64 black. Guy was cool and didn't even look at the button, just grabbed me a new one. Opened it outside in my truck and this thing was worse! Walked right back in and didn't know what to do so I took my chances with a 64gig white. It's pretty solid with just a bit of play. Nothing like the edge display which was like a rock. Unfortunately I don't like the edge. I'm thinking they are definitely made in different facilities. I can live with this one. On a side note, the camera lens is sitting low in the casing lol. At some point we need to stop worrying about this stuff if the phone functions properly. We're going g to drive ourselves up the wall. 😯

05-11-2015 04:33 PM
    At some point we need to stop worrying about this stuff if the phone functions properly. We're going g to drive ourselves up the wall. 😯
    Amen to that!
    05-11-2015 05:21 PM
    Is this a defect though? All samsung phones and tablets that I own have a home button that is not locked into place. It's only noticeable when I put my finger on it and give it a push. I honestly doesn't find that to be a big deal but that might just be because my gs3, gs4, note 3, and tab 4 all have the same loose button and I just got used to it.

05-11-2015 06:36 PM
102 1234 ...