View Poll Results: Does your home button rattle when tapped

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, my home button is solid.

32 62.75%
  • Yes, it started out solid but now it rattles.

9 17.65%
  • Yes, it has rattled since I got it.

10 19.61%
11-20-2015 12:03 PM
102 12345
tools
    As long as the home button recognizes your fingerprint and key presses, a little rattle isn't anything to worry about. Now if these buttons were falling off the phone that would be a problem.
    05-11-2015 07:41 PM
    My first S6 that I had to return due to a bad battery had a super tight home button. My new S6 has an extremly loose home button that rattles.
    But it works just as well as the first one that was tight, so I am fine with it.
    05-11-2015 08:53 PM
    Well [language removed].

I probably never would have noticed, but thanks to you [language removed] pointing it out, lol, I've noticed mine rattles.

I paid to get a screen protector on it and spent all night last night setting the thing up.
    dcool19d likes this.
    05-12-2015 06:43 AM
    Well [language removed].

I probably never would have noticed, but thanks to you [language removed] pointing it out, lol, I've noticed mine rattles.

I paid to get a screen protector on it and spent all night last night setting the thing up.
    Lol that's how It was with me, set phone up, put on screen protector perfectly. Thought I had a defect free s6. Didn't even notice the home button rattled, never heard it rattle until I read this thread and all I could hear was the rattle. Sometimes it's best to be oblivious lol I mean as long as you think it's perfect then who cares.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-12-2015 10:48 AM
    My first device was the same. Button rattle and the volume buttons didn't feel solid. Sent that back. Got me another one a month later and viola this one is perfect. No spots on the screen, buttons are all solid and exceptional battery life now that everything has settled down.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    05-12-2015 03:58 PM
    My gold 64gb version rattles I'd I tap it. It bothers me not one bit

05-12-2015 05:21 PM
    Mine rattles also, not a huge deal. Verizon sent me a new one but it had gashes in the aluminum.....so I kept the wiggly button.

05-13-2015 06:48 AM
    My home button rattled a bit and I didnt think anything of it. Until it got caught under my screen and cracked it.

Can see a perfect chip where it caught the screen then it just explodes up and around the home button. Very much not happy with this... Samsung is trying to tell me I need to pay for repairs on it...

edit: upon closer inspection it looks like this was probably due to something getting stuck between the button and screen. There is clearly a chip missing from where the button meets the screen. Still something that would not have happened if the button didn't "move" so much.

S6 Home Button Loose Rattle-20150513_142814.jpg
    05-13-2015 03:19 PM
    My home button rattled a bit and I didnt think anything of it. Until it got caught under my screen and cracked it.

Can see a perfect chip where it caught the screen then it just explodes up and around the home button. Very much not happy with this... Samsung is trying to tell me I need to pay for repairs on it...

Attachment 176416
    Wowza!!
    05-13-2015 04:15 PM
    Damn
    05-13-2015 04:46 PM

edit: upon closer inspection it looks like this was probably due to something getting stuck between the button and screen. There is clearly a chip missing from where the button meets the screen. Still something that would not have happened if the button didn't "move" so much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150513_142814.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	454.2 KB 
ID:	176423
    This is a horror story 😖

05-13-2015 06:43 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150513_142814.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	454.2 KB 
ID:	176423
    Unbelievable...
    05-14-2015 10:02 AM
    Mine doesn't rattle but it feels somewhat brittle when you press it certain ways. Also I don't like how loud the click is. They should have made the button more flush or even slightly sunken like the iPhone6 button.
    05-14-2015 06:46 PM
    Yep I think they should have made a more flash something like the s4. I think the reason we are seeing some movements, rattles it whatever is because the button sticks out so there will always be some movement whwre as if it was flush there so no where to move but down.

05-15-2015 04:59 PM
    Yep I think they should have made a more flash something like the s4. I think the reason we are seeing some movements, rattles it whatever is because the button sticks out so there will always be some movement whwre as if it was flush there so no where to move but down.

Just because the button doesnt sit flush doesnt mean its not just as deep or deeper than it would be if it were flush. For all we know the reason it sticks up a little bit is because they had to increase the thickness of the button to account for the fingerprint sensor. either way, I don't think that the rattling issue has anything to do with the height of the button.

That said, my buttons still feels and acts just like it did the day I brought the phone home. It's tight, no rattles, and no movement other than up and down - and the click is firm and true, but not super loud either. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.
    05-15-2015 05:21 PM
    i have had similar issues, first s6 was solid for a week, and then the button became loose. Got a replacement, and this time straight out the bix the same fault! Granted it dosent effect the running of the phone, but with a premium priduct, it should have a similar feel. Ive now decided that im going for the edge version to see if its better.The future is now, cheap and shoddy it would seem.
    05-21-2015 10:35 AM
    I have the same issue on my 6 day old 64 gig sapphire black S6. I can't ignore it. I have notified vodafone and they are delivering a new one tomorrow.

The DPD delivery man had better be patient whilst I unpack and check out the new one!!

Keeping everything crossed!!
    06-01-2015 08:40 AM
    Just got the S6 home button rattle, it's all scuffed up as well after just 1 month. Can definitely say that i prefer onscreen or capacitive home button over this annoying rattle.

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-04-2015 03:10 AM
    I have the same issue on my 6 day old 64 gig sapphire black S6. I can't ignore it. I have notified vodafone and they are delivering a new one tomorrow.

The DPD delivery man had better be patient whilst I unpack and check out the new one!!

Keeping everything crossed!!
    Hope it's better. I exchanged mine and the next one was worse. Went with white now and it's better but not perfect.

06-04-2015 06:08 AM
    My white S6 has had a slight shake and rattle to it from day one. It makes a bit of a rattle noise only when you tap the home button

Posted via Android Central App
    06-04-2015 08:15 AM
    Almost 2 months with my S6, and my home button is still solid as a rock. Absolutely no issues here.
    06-04-2015 09:38 AM
    Almost 2 months with my S6, and my home button is still solid as a rock. Absolutely no issues here.
    Likewise .
    06-04-2015 10:08 AM
    I have a black model and my home button is sold.
    06-04-2015 12:06 PM
    I have a black model and my home button is sold.
    who did u sell it to? (chuckle)
    06-04-2015 12:44 PM
    who did u sell it to? (chuckle)
    [homer_voice]Doh![/homer_voice]

I would go back and edit it, but what's the point now?
    06-04-2015 06:00 PM
102 12345