S6 Home Button Loose Rattle

Does your home button rattle when tapped

• Total voters

jgscott987

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had my S6 for 3 days now. It started out great, but now the home button feels loose and has a rattle when you tap it lightly. It feels very cheap now.

I've read some reports on other forums, but nothing conclusive. Curious how many folks have experienced this.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There's a very slight bit of play but certainly no rattle.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
There's a very slight bit of play but certainly no rattle.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Same here. I can jiggle it slightly with my finger but it doesn't make any noise even if I shake the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

YSAndroid

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
This is happening to me too, you need to add a color model option to the poll, from what I read it is related to the black models.
some already posted a youtube video of the phenomena youtube .com/ watch?v=Y5FoWeDGQZ4 (remove blanks)

Sad. Annoying, and no one at Samsung doesn't give a ****.

YSAndroid

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having the same issue with my black S6, from reading around at XDA it seems to be related to the black models. My power button isn't firm as well. Disappointed. You can see the home button issue on youtube.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My home button doesn't move at all, so I'd return those devices with faulty home buttons as the problem will only get worst with more use.

jgscott987

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine is black too. Can't imagine what the color has to do with it, but there sure seems to be a correlation. Now I have to figure out whether to trade it in on a new one or just return it and give Samsung a month or two to work out the kinks...

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Seems like it's a very widely known issue with people reportedly exchanging their phone 2 to 3 times and each one having the same wobble.

It personally doesn't bother me much.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Poll: S6 Home Button Loose Rattle

Mine does the same thing that happens in the video but it isnt loose when shaken and when pressed I really dont notice it

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a black one (Verizon) ... Solid as a rock. This is the most solidly constructed phone I've ever had. Sorry you're having these issues! I'd exchange it for a new one. My ocd wouldn't allow me to deal with that for very long

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine was fine for the first week, then it started to rattle for no apparent reason. I will be exchanging it today.

There has been some discussion of color being a factor, but mine is a white, 64gb model.

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from the Sprint store. Exchanged the previous S6 due to rattle. New phone was fine out of the box, now, about two hours later: we have rattle. I'm going to give this one more shot, but it looks like I may end up going back to my M8.

jgscott987

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm trading my mine in on a new one tomorrow but I'm beginning to believe this is just a natural characteristic of the phone. The button still works exactly as expected, just feels like it came unglued from whatever is below it. It hasn't gotten any worse (it may have even gotten a little better) over the last several days. We'll see what the replacement looks/feels like but It's not a deal-breaker either way.

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm trading my mine in on a new one tomorrow but I'm beginning to believe this is just a natural characteristic of the phone. The button still works exactly as expected, just feels like it came unglued from whatever is below it. It hasn't gotten any worse (it may have even gotten a little better) over the last several days. We'll see what the replacement looks/feels like but It's not a deal-breaker either way.

I hear you on that, but it's an expensive piece of hardware (I purchased the phone outright), and that plasticy rattle makes it seem cheap. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would not be bothered by it.

I did check out the demo in the store, and it's button is solid. Given that it probably sees a lot of action, I have hope of obtaining a non-rattle device.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
This is happening to me too, you need to add a color model option to the poll, from what I read it is related to the black models.
some already posted a youtube video of the phenomena youtube .com/ watch?v=Y5FoWeDGQZ4 (remove blanks)

Sad. Annoying, and no one at Samsung doesn't give a ****.

I had the white one and experienced the same thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey