I am a recently converted android user so please excuse me if there is something obvious I am missing.

The issue:
    When I use S Health or other Activity/Running tracking applications, the GPS shuts off when the phone locks/goes to sleep. Only to wake up then turn back on to draw a straight line from point of sleep to point of waking up resulting in a highly inaccurate distance tracking. My assumption right now is this is happening due to Power Saving Mode being turned on. However, it seems very common even while opening apps like Yelp that the GPS tracking throws an error message before loading (without power saving mode turned on).

Has anyone else had this issue? I've found some threads about this happening to older phones/android versions. None of which had solutions other than, "return it for a new phone."

I will try to track my run today without power saving mode turned on, but as of right now, the GPS is really causing a disruption to my training routine.

Also, I have downloaded GPS Status & Toolbox, but when I open the app, it continuously says, "Looking for GPS Location"

04-16-2015 01:54 PM
    I am having exactly the same issues, great phone but a deal breaker for me is the GPS issues.

I use runkeeper alot and I get accurate runs on my iPhone but on this device I get an extra 0.5 miles per 3 miles I run.
    04-16-2015 02:03 PM
    I also use Runkeeper and have had no GPS issues. But I also don't use Power Saving Mode. I find that the distances tracked on my S6 match those tracked on my S4, which match the Google Earth distances I measured on my desktop.
    04-16-2015 02:56 PM
    Yeah I have the same issue, which is really just annoying for me because it doesn't recognise my actual address as being on the right place!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 09:31 AM