There are many YouTube videos floating around and some depicts that the glass on the S6 edge is real tough (takes 2 or more drops to break the glass) and in some videos glass shatters with a singe drop.

Just want to know the experience of the real users of these 2 variants of S6 in case of a drop. If you can answer below questions we can get a fairly good idea what to expect in case of a drop.

This is assuming the phone is naked without any case. If you had the case and phone survived a big drop then please let us now the case you are using Personally, I prefer no case as it hides the beauty of the phone and it seems S6 with gorilla glass 4 should survive the minor drops/dings.

1. Model of the phone
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet?
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped?
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
    04-16-2015 02:32 PM
    1. Model of the phone - S6 edge
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? - 3'-6"
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? - ceramic tiles
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. - none

Only had it a day and could only find clear back cover as a temp solution, glad I did as I knocked it off the kitchen work surface
    mobella and ahg2003 like this.
    04-16-2015 03:33 PM
    1. Model of the phone Galaxy S6
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? 2' maximum
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? tile
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. cracked glass in two places. My SIII lasted three years without any damage and was dropped further and more often. their unbreakable claims are BS
    KJ78 likes this.
    05-04-2015 03:57 PM
    1: s6
    2: 3 feet
    3: cement
    4: cracked front glass by the lower left plastic antenna bumper on metal bezel, about a quarter inch crack, hardly noticible unless your OCD like me
    05-04-2015 06:41 PM
    S6
    4'
    Tile
    Scrape on one corner, small dent on another, and tiny chip under the glass in the same corner as the dent.

No case.
    05-04-2015 08:02 PM
    1. Model of the phone - S6 edge Gold ( unfortunately since Gold seems to be the hardest to find a replacement ;-( )
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? - Roughly 3 inches (It was more like it was placed down haphazardly, rather than a fall. The corner metal shows no scuff)
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? - rough outdoor concrete
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. - About 1 inch of spider crack glass in the bottom left hand corner on the BACK only.

I've had many phones, both Apple and Android flagship, and the fragility of this phone is horrible. It may beautiful in appearance but it's crazy to think that a phone, which we use constantly, could be designed so poorly.
    05-13-2015 12:04 AM
    Cleaned up the off topic posts. Let's keep it on topic,about drop experience.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-14-2015 09:13 PM
    1. Model of the phone
    - S6 Edge

- 2 feet (sitting in lawn chair, fell out of pocket)

- concrete, rough

- Screen is 100% fine, two semi-deep scuffs on aluminum frame.

I'm impressed... but I did find a defect in my glass screen (unrelated.) There is a dent on the top left corner near the bezel. Can be seen at angles and reflecting light.... not sure if it's worth sending my phone in though.... last time I had a Samsung fixed, it took 2 weeks total turn around.
    07-09-2015 11:06 AM
    There are many YouTube videos floating around and some depicts that the glass on the S6 edge is real tough (takes 2 or more drops to break the glass) and in some videos glass shatters with a singe drop.

Just want to know the experience of the real users of these 2 variants of S6 in case of a drop. If you can answer below questions we can get a fairly good idea what to expect in case of a drop.

This is assuming the phone is naked without any case. If you had the case and phone survived a big drop then please let us now the case you are using Personally, I prefer no case as it hides the beauty of the phone and it seems S6 with gorilla glass 4 should survive the minor drops/dings.

1. Model of the phone

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
    1. S6
    2. 4 feet
    3. Asphalt in parking lot
    4. Survived. Road rash on three corners of the aluminum body. No damage to glass on either side.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6
    07-10-2015 08:13 PM
    S6
    6 ft
    Hard tiled floor
    Dropped onto face and survived. Git a slight nick on the silver trim but glass made it
    07-12-2015 09:33 AM
    1. Model of the phone.
    Black 64GB S6Edge

Two feet

I dropped from my lap on the the airplane floor.

Two small cracks at the drop. Luckily the cracks to go on to the screen.

Previously I had dropped it about 6 feet off a coach bus with no damage. It was probably what set up the eventual cracked.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier
    07-12-2015 10:35 AM
    Had to reply.
    1. S6 (Sapphire Black)
    2. Dropped from top of flight of stairs (one that has two landings and the side of the top is above the bottom). I have no clue how high but it was at work and the ceilings are very high. I'd guess maybe 20 ft.
    3. Landed on bottom step. It's a hard plastic material.
    4. Two cracks in bottom left corner of screen about a quarter inch long. They're under the glass. No cracks in glass. The color started in that corner and began to bleed. I sent it to Samsung and got it fixed. Now I have a phantom touch (occasionally) in the folders softkey and that one doesn't light up but the back one does.

I was extremely impressed with the phone I had a slim clear plastic case by Ringke (the Fusion one ) on it. Needless to say I've got a durable case coming in the mail. It was a freak accident.
    07-19-2015 07:50 PM
    1. Model of the phone - Galaxy S6 Edge
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? - 2 feet
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? - Dirt baseball field
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. - Cracks to glass in lower left corner. (I've had a clear matte screen protector on since I bought it, I don't think that really with the cracks much but I can't feel them through it.
    I'm REALLY surprised that dropping it onto dirt caused this much damage - or any damage for that matter, but I guess it hit in the right place.
    Stories of Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge acciddental drop (survival or broken glass) from real users-samsung.jpg

1. Model of the phone - Galaxy S6
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? - 4 feet
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? - Tile floor
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. - About 2 weeks after I got it, shattered the back glass panel. (I don't have any pictures of that one, but it looked much worse than this - but also had a harder fall on a harder surface)
    07-23-2015 10:01 AM
    1. Model of the phone
    S6
    3 ft
    Concrete slabs
    Small scuffs on metal, glass front and back fine.

Fully expected it to break and was pleasantly surprised it was pretty much unscathed. Tried a case after than but hate having a case on the phone. Guess I'll just take my chances

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-23-2015 02:24 PM
    1. Model of the phone
    S6
    3 ft
    Concrete slabs
    Small scuffs on metal, glass front and back fine.

Fully expected it to break and was pleasantly surprised it was pretty much unscathed. Tried a case after than but hate having a case on the phone. Guess I'll just take my chances

Posted via the Android Central App
    Same happened to me. Only got scuffs on the metal.
    I also hate cases but I ended up using one of these rubberized slip on things that were on sale here at Android Central. Anyway, it helps with using my phone one-handed. I love the S6 design but it's very slippery and definitely hard to use one-handed. The cool thing about this flimpsy case thing is it comes off in one second so I can show off the phone or just use it without the rubber case whenever unlike other cases where it takes effort and maybe tools to remove the cases.

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6
    08-09-2015 12:51 PM
    After never having dropped a phone in 16+ years and most of them bareback, I dropped my S6 twice in the first 6 weeks I had it.

1. Model of the phone S6 in Otterbox Defender case
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? 3ft
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? Ceramic tile first time, concrete second
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. Landed face down with no damage to the phone both times, 2nd time scraped the Defender in two spots so must have tumbled
    08-09-2015 03:01 PM
    Sad thing is I had an s4 in an otter box with a plastic front that got dropped A LOT from various heights onto varying surfaces and NEVER broke the glass. I have had the the s6 since mid-May in a Dualtek case WITH the additional glass protector and have no idea when or HOW the glass cracked. Looking at it, just sitting here beside me, there is NO visible crack. Only when the light hits it "just right" all of a sudden there is a crack side to side!! In some light conditions, it looks like there is a crack going vertically, as well. It's been dropped at least twice from 2-3FT height, I guess--onto grass, onto dirt and when I checked the glass--there was no crack. (Sigh of relief) But one day one of my teenagers looked at the phone and asked if I knew my phone was cracked. I had just seen it myself in the instant before she said it! It was just lying on the picnic table in the sunlight!! I couldn't believe it. Surely the sunlight didn't crack it!

I have Asurion so I HOPE it can get fixed w/o huge trauma. NOT happy about it. Maybe the Otterbox is a better shock absorber.
    08-11-2015 03:56 AM
    1. Model of the phone - Galaxy S6 Edge
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? - 1.5 feet
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? - Carpet (perhaps you won't believe it)
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. -
    Major crack to glass spread almost completely through the surface. (It wasn't in any case and no protector on the screen, I wish I had one)

Please put a glass protector on your mobile , its really fragile, Gorila glass 4 >>>BS
    11-28-2015 10:17 AM
    1. Galaxy S6
    2. No more than 2ft 6"
    3. Rough concrete
    4.couple of small dings in the case, the glass is perfect but the screen had like a big crack through it and then packed up completely.
    Really strange and the glass is completely unmarked!

Quite disappointed as it seems very fragile

Taking it in tomorrow to see what can be fixed on it, will post back with result
    12-30-2015 04:55 PM
    Mine happened on Halloween.

1. Model of the phone S6...black
    2. Approx how big was the drop in feet? I'd say 4ft.
    3. The surface on which the phone dropped? Stone walkway/sidewalk
    4. Survived or damaged? and the extent of the damage. Damaged! Fell face first & must have bounced as there were 2 round points where it hit the walkway. The breakage spidered out & the whole screen had small shards. The pieces were intact. I paid a place to fix it (as per Verizon since I didn't have insurance) & got a new screen.

After all this, considering the Droid Turbo 2...
    01-02-2016 10:45 PM
    I just dropped my S6 last month while in Korea. It fell from about chest height, I'm 5'10", and landed in the street on the upper right corner. I have a minimalist clear case made by Trianium on it. The screen didn't have a scratch, but within 24 hours the screen went from not sensing my touch, to going purple, to having large black spots, to being totally black. Turns out the LCD screen failed after the drop. Cost me $185 to replace the LCD.
    01-03-2016 06:26 PM
    S6 with tech 21 case.
    2 feet 4 inches from dresser. Did a bounce
    wood floor
    no damage
    01-03-2016 08:28 PM