Any way to get the older version of the clock app back on a Galaxy S6?

Jane Paul

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
The S5 version of Clock had alarms with a choice of snooze duration and number of snoozes. The S6 clock apparently only allows 3 5minute snoozes, or none at all. Can I extract the APK of the old clock and then move that to my S6 and install it without messing anything else up? I don't want to trash my phone the first week, but the new clock doesn't work for what I need it for.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure. You don't "extract" the apk, you back the alarm up to an apk file. Use App Backup & Restore if you don't have another backup program that backs up to apk files. At worst you'll have 2 alarm apps, and you'll have to remember which is the one that does what you want.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If anyone has and feels like sharing the previous Samsung clock, that would be awesome.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jane Paul

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
The app I have calls itself an extractor. It generates an APK file from the app. I don't have a backup program (not rooted) and this is easy to get to and copy across. Wish me luck.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to have the one back from my S3, which supported voice command. I loved being able to just say "snooze" or "off" without having to touch the phone. I can't believe they removed that functionality.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
5 minutes of snooze is not even long enough for me to go back to sleep. So disappointed in the responsibility it instills.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jane Paul

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't use the alarm on my phone to wake me up. I have a perfectly good clock that does that very well. I can get side-tracked easily, and use the alarm to nag me until I can sit down and make time for the things I have to get done. Depending on what the interruption is, it may take an hour or more to get back on track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz