Just tried it for the first time and Fast Charging is Amazing!!!!

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So i know many people have had bad battery experiences on this phone. But i've had mine for about 1 week now and i've been able to get through a full day on a single charge of the wireless pad overnight every time with my normal usage throughout the day. My M8 I had before this was down to 50% by 10am... just awful.

Someone at work asked me about the fast charging and i said "well i have no idea i haven't had to use it since the battery lasts all day"

I keep the fast charger at work and at home i use the wireless pad. So i decided what the hell, lets see how fast this thing goes. I plugged it in at 3:21pm today at 58%. I meant to go for 10 min but got distracted so 12 min later i pulled it off and looked at the charge. 75%!!!
I can't count how many times on other phones i've had about 10 min to go before i left work and tried to plug it in for a few extra %'s and it maybe goes up 2%. Going up 17% in 12 min is amazing in my book!

Now i didn't need to charge it today at 58%. Thats WAY more than enough to get me through till i go to bed. For any other day though if i do happen to drain my battery some how, this is going to be an amazing feature.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That's why I didn't freak out over battery life when the first reviews came back. Full rapid charge in under 80 minutes. 4 hours in 10 minutes plus the ultra-PSM will get you out of most any jam

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the fast charger. I went looking elsewhere for an answer about phone batteries and trying to get the straight story on charging vs. discharging completely vs. topping off all the time, leaving in on the charger all night (I use mine as the alarm clock, so it's sleeping with me), etc. A website said that the using the fast charger all the time isn't great for the battery, nor is using the wireless one all the time. Is this dated advice? I mean, since the phone shipped with the fast charger, I would think it would be fine to use it everyday and it wouldn't shorten the life of the battery. What say you smart people?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah fast charging is awesome, however doesn't compensate for battery life issues.

I was surprised at how fast it charges though. Very handy.

Sent from my SM-G920I

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Its VERY useful
And now after this update for Samsung Push...my battery has been much better
Phone is turning out great now

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A website said that the using the fast charger all the time isn't great for the battery
It depends on the type of fast charging. Qualcom 2.0 stresses the battery a bit, shortening the lifespan.

nor is using the wireless one all the time.
The wireless receiver heats up a bit, and if it heats up enough it'll affect th battery life. Most good receivers don't heat up enough to worry about.

Is this dated advice? I mean, since the phone shipped with the fast charger, I would think it would be fine to use it everyday and it wouldn't shorten the life of the battery.
It's also shipped with specs showing how fast you can charge it from 5% or 10% - which will affect the life of the battery - very badly. If the fast charger charges at 1C (IOW, for a 2250mAh battery, at 2250mA) and tapers up and down at the beginning and end properly, it's fine. But a full charge from 0 (which you shouldn't ever do unless you have too many batteries and plan to throw that one away) to 100% in less than about 90 minutes (depending on the efficiency of the charging circuit and the battery - maybe as short as 80 minutes) will usually overheat the battery, shortening its life. For my money, Fast Charge is an advertising gimmick. I'd rather carry a spare battery in my pocket (which I do) - which is one reason I wouldn't buy an S6.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about the fast charger. I went looking elsewhere for an answer about phone batteries and trying to get the straight story on charging vs. discharging completely vs. topping off all the time, leaving in on the charger all night (I use mine as the alarm clock, so it's sleeping with me), etc. A website said that the using the fast charger all the time isn't great for the battery, nor is using the wireless one all the time. Is this dated advice? I mean, since the phone shipped with the fast charger, I would think it would be fine to use it everyday and it wouldn't shorten the life of the battery. What say you smart people?

Not one of the smart people. I use the fast charger overnight and the wireless charger if I am working on my laptop and that only because I put there initially to try it out and use it in my YouTube video. I charge via USB at work as I am currently in a conference room on a project and not in my office which is more secure.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So i know many people have had bad battery experiences on this phone. But i've had mine for about 1 week now and i've been able to get through a full day on a single charge of the wireless pad overnight every time with my normal usage throughout the day. My M8 I had before this was down to 50% by 10am... just awful.

Someone at work asked me about the fast charging and i said "well i have no idea i haven't had to use it since the battery lasts all day"

I keep the fast charger at work and at home i use the wireless pad. So i decided what the hell, lets see how fast this thing goes. I plugged it in at 3:21pm today at 58%. I meant to go for 10 min but got distracted so 12 min later i pulled it off and looked at the charge. 75%!!!
I can't count how many times on other phones i've had about 10 min to go before i left work and tried to plug it in for a few extra %'s and it maybe goes up 2%. Going up 17% in 12 min is amazing in my book!

Now i didn't need to charge it today at 58%. Thats WAY more than enough to get me through till i go to bed. For any other day though if i do happen to drain my battery some how, this is going to be an amazing feature.

The rapid charging is also great for quick top offs especially if know I am going somewhere that I will be away from a charging source for a prolonged amount of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678