04-19-2015 09:54 AM
209 1234 ...
tools
    How did the verizon people get it to update? I have found the app under applications manager but I can't open it or anything?
    You can update the app via the Google Play Store called Samsung Push Service.
    04-16-2015 06:54 PM
    How did the verizon people get it to update? I have found the app under applications manager but I can't open it or anything?
    Found it in play store nevermind haha didn't know that the actual app update was what did the update.
    04-16-2015 06:54 PM
    I can't tell if it's that or the fact that I switched off of my 5ghz WiFi but I only dropped 10% with an hour of on screen time. Seems a lot better for me
    04-16-2015 07:02 PM
    I'm on verizon and the push app says it's up to date but cell standby is still by far at the top of the list
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-1429229373928.jpg  
    04-16-2015 07:09 PM
    However it came out, great for those that have been helped.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    What carrier do you use?
    04-16-2015 08:03 PM
    I'm on verizon and the push app says it's up to date but cell standby is still by far at the top of the list
    Have you followed the instructions to shut off Volte
    04-16-2015 08:05 PM
    I guess misinformation was being spread. Looks like it was a Samsung issue.

I haven't gotten the update yet, but eagerly await it. Would love better battery life on my phone.
    Subtle distinction between misinformation and an honest mistake.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-16-2015 08:12 PM
    Don't think it was a Samsung issue. Samsung pushes updates to Samsung push services all the time. I'm sure though it helps.

While my cell standby has decreased, Google framework services has sky rocketed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That's a very well known lollipop bug that has affected basically all lollipop devices no matter brand. The OnePLus One finally got the 5.0.2 update (CM12) a couple of days ago and since then a huge amount of devices has been showing the Google Play Services and other Google Play related Wakelocks. I just sold mine today to a co-worker after updating it yesterday, and after just a couple of hours the phone had drained 25%, this after I've found that is one of the best phone in the battery life department, just behind the Xperia Z3. Today Cyanogen said that they are working on a possible fix and that they should have it ready for next week.

So, what I'm saying above is that Lollipop is indeed very buggy right now, first time I have seen this in Android I think since Froyo. So let's all wait for Google to put their brains to work and finally find and fix this widespread issue.

So,
    04-16-2015 08:21 PM
    Have you followed the instructions to shut off Volte
    My "advanced calling" is off. Verizon can't even get it to work. I lost all calling function in & out when they tried activating it on my account. They got my reg calling restored and I've just left it turned off on my phone.

Just another reason this phone is likely being returned!
    04-16-2015 08:38 PM
    Went looking for it on my S6, it said it was already installed. It don't show the app that I can find.
    But in the settings its there.
    04-16-2015 08:54 PM
    My "advanced calling" is off. Verizon can't even get it to work. I lost all calling function in & out when they tried activating it on my account. They got my reg calling restored and I've just left it turned off on my phone.

Just another reason this phone is likely being returned!
    My phone has had no issues with Advanced calling with Verizon. On the other hand my wife's phone had the same issue described. I called verizon for help with the issue and they weren't able to fix it and suggested we speak with tier 2 support. My wife had to leave the house and was going to call them later but somehow they either fixed it or it fixed itself. I checked her account a couple hours later and she had the advanced calling on her plan. I completely understand the frustration but if they were able to fix it for her I am sure they can do the same for you

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    04-16-2015 09:26 PM
    S6 edge on AT&T updated the app this morning didn't seem to help. Wife has the S6 and seems to be getting much better battery life.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-1429241460562.jpg  
    04-16-2015 10:33 PM
    Just wanted to add the current screen on time is about 1 hour.
    04-16-2015 10:34 PM
    My Samsung Galaxy S5 with Lollipop installed in it had the Samsung Push service installed on it
    04-16-2015 10:35 PM
    I'm reluctant to download this app and apply the fix as I'm with Verizon and I find my battery life to be pretty amazing. I'm getting over 18 hours with over 4.5 hours of screen on time. And I don't use any Samsung services so I'm not even sure this would do anything for me.

Any other Verizon people out there having similar thoughts or reservations?
    I'm on T-mobile and my battery life is great too. I don't think I will be performing the update. I've always been told "if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it!"

04-16-2015 10:42 PM
    I'm reluctant to download this app and apply the fix as I'm with Verizon and I find my battery life to be pretty amazing. I'm getting over 18 hours with over 4.5 hours of screen on time. And I don't use any Samsung services so I'm not even sure this would do anything for me.

Any other Verizon people out there having similar thoughts or reservations?
    I haven't seen hide nor hair of this update (VZW also). I'm probably looking in the wrong place. I went into settings, then system updates, and nothing there.
    04-16-2015 10:49 PM
    I don't think that app has anything to do with Cell standby issue. I have had the app disabled since day one and cell standby is still my number one drain. I believe it's a lollipop issue. I'm sure the update helped those that use the app. But cell standby issue is still a problem and it's not going to be fixed until they push a lollipop update.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    04-16-2015 10:56 PM
    I haven't seen hide nor hair of this update (VZW also). I'm probably looking in the wrong place. I went into settings, then system updates, and nothing there.
    It's in the play store.

HMBgal likes this.
    04-16-2015 10:59 PM
    I don't think that app has anything to do with Cell standby issue. I have had the app disabled since day one and cell standby is still my number one drain. I believe it's a lollipop issue. I'm sure the update helped those that use the app. But cell standby issue is still a problem and it's not going to be fixed until they push a lollipop update.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    What carrier do you have?

If you have AT&T, turn off HD Voice....that is the solution to the Cell Standby problem
    04-17-2015 12:01 AM
    Proof the Samsung update worked for me

I installed the update around 3:30...before that was a big drop... I charged up a little bit and after 3 my battery is falling more slowly...hopefulky this means I can get almost 5 hrs of screen time at full charge

Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1429247607427.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    clintw22 likes this.
    04-17-2015 12:15 AM
    Battery drain while idle was mostly an issue on the US variants only. Non-US variants never faced this issue (in most cases). While using the phone, it's actually the most efficient phone available now. It's just the phone never goes to sleep due to some background activity while idle.
    04-17-2015 02:32 AM
    I have AT&T.
    Don't know where HD voice is

04-17-2015 03:48 AM
    I guess misinformation was being spread. Looks like it was a Samsung issue.

I haven't gotten the update yet, but eagerly await it. Would love better battery life on my phone.
    Looks like you're jumping the gun in coming to that conclusion.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    04-17-2015 03:50 AM
    Drain seems to be improved for me. I'm on Sprint with a Galaxy S6 edge. I leave the night clock on (I like it) from 1 am to 4:30 am, for the past week I'd take it off charger before bed around 11 pm and wake up @ 4:30 am to somewhere around 77% just sitting idle overnight. Last night, after the update yesterday I went to bed again at 100%. Woke up this morning with 88% at 4:30 am. I think it's helped a great deal. Cell stand-by was at 3% today, followed by Google play at 1%, Android OS at 1%, Device idle at 1%.... and so on. G-Sam says my average per charge is 19 hrs 34 mins. It'll be interesting to see if this goes up over the next few days.
    04-17-2015 04:30 AM
    Proof the Samsung update worked for me

I installed the update around 3:30...before that was a big drop... I charged up a little bit and after 3 my battery is falling more slowly...hopefulky this means I can get almost 5 hrs of screen time at full charge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429247607427.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	172140

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    Are we still talking the Samsung Push Service app? I see,that it is installed and I am on AT&T. My understanding was that it was a notification app. Where is the option to install the update?
    04-17-2015 05:05 AM
209 1234 ...