04-19-2015 09:54 AM
209 12345 ...
tools
    What carrier do you have?

If you have AT&T, turn off HD Voice....that is the solution to the Cell Standby problem
    Where is this option?.
    04-17-2015 05:07 AM
    My phone has had no issues with Advanced calling with Verizon. On the other hand my wife's phone had the same issue described. I called verizon for help with the issue and they weren't able to fix it and suggested we speak with tier 2 support. My wife had to leave the house and was going to call them later but somehow they either fixed it or it fixed itself. I checked her account a couple hours later and she had the advanced calling on her plan. I completely understand the frustration but if they were able to fix it for her I am sure they can do the same for you

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    I turned on the advanced calling last night and it worked. Apparently verizon got it fixed on my account.

But for those saying that turning off advanced calling or hd voice helps with cell standby drain I can personally attest that both have been off on this s6 since date of purchase, 4/11, and cell standby has been brutally draining my battery!

Now with it on and working we'll see how performance is today but I'm not expecting anything different because I believe it's a lollipop bug and won't be resolved until we get the lollipop update.....uggg
    04-17-2015 05:59 AM
    No difference. That app is up to date on this s6 and it matters none! This is unacceptable! I may not make it through the day without taking it back. It's beyond ridiculous!!
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-1429270047676.jpg  
    04-17-2015 06:27 AM
    No difference. That app is up to date on this s6 and it matters none! This is unacceptable! I may not make it through the day without taking it back. It's beyond ridiculous!!
    Mine has been almost the exact opposite after the update. Too bad maybe yours is defective? It's definitely worth another to see this is an amazing phone!
    04-17-2015 06:34 AM
    Mine has been almost the exact opposite after the update. Too bad maybe yours is defective? It's definitely worth another to see this is an amazing phone!
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...678f9068af.jpg
    Same here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2015 06:54 AM
    I haven't seen hide nor hair of this update (VZW also). I'm probably looking in the wrong place. I went into settings, then system updates, and nothing there.
    Strange, I got that update pushed to my GS3 last night. Don't think it's the real fix, maybe a marginal improvement but Google seems to be the culprit here, and nothing's happening from them.
    04-17-2015 06:57 AM
    Where is the Google Play Services setting? I am on AT&T.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-17-2015 07:04 AM
    I just installed hopefully this helps a bit

Sent from my S6 Edge
    04-17-2015 07:15 AM
    I just switched from the Note 3 to the Galaxy S6. So far, I'm overwhelmingly disappointed with this phone.

Maybe my expectations were way too high. I expected the S6 to be a super-improved, smaller Note 3. What I got was a hybrid Android/iPhone-wannabe with a terrible battery life.

Seriously, my battery must be defective. I can't get more than 7.5 hours out of a single charge! I've had that Samsung Push Services update installed since yesterday; it doesn't help at all. Granted, the first day I was using it heavily as I wanted to explore the phone and tweak the settings (which are severely dumbed down, by the way). However, this morning I turned my phone on at 6:30 AM with 57% battery (I turned it off last night before going to bed). After searching for an app on the Play store and sending 3 text messages, it had gone down to 54%. From 6:30 AM to 6:34 AM, my battery went down 3%. How is this acceptable?! It's now 8:11 AM and I'm down to 42%. The screen has been off for the majority of this time and I've sent maybe 10-15 text messages max. My girlfriend's iPhone was off the charger at 7:10 AM and at 7:45 AM she was still at 100% battery.

Personally, I will be returning this phone and looking for a better one this weekend. I got the S6 because I was so satisfied with my Note 3, but this time I wanted a smaller phone. Now I'm going to have to look at some Droid or Windows phones, because I refuse to go back to the iPhone. I guess now I can (unfortunately) add the Galaxy S phones to my blacklist, too.
    04-17-2015 07:18 AM
    I just switched from the Note 3 to the Galaxy S6. So far, I'm overwhelmingly disappointed with this phone.

Maybe my expectations were way too high. I expected the S6 to be a super-improved, smaller Note 3. What I got was a hybrid Android/iPhone-wannabe with a terrible battery life.

Seriously, my battery must be defective. I can't get more than 7.5 hours out of a single charge! I've had that Samsung Push Services update installed since yesterday; it doesn't help at all. Granted, the first day I was using it heavily as I wanted to explore the phone and tweak the settings (which are severely dumbed down, by the way). However, this morning I turned my phone on at 6:30 AM with 57% battery (I turned it off last night before going to bed). After searching for an app on the Play store and sending 3 text messages, it had gone down to 54%. From 6:30 AM to 6:34 AM, my battery went down 3%. How is this acceptable?! It's now 8:11 AM and I'm down to 42%. The screen has been off for the majority of this time and I've sent maybe 10-15 text messages max. My girlfriend's iPhone was off the charger at 7:10 AM and at 7:45 AM she was still at 100% battery.

Personally, I will be returning this phone and looking for a better one this weekend. I got the S6 because I was so satisfied with my Note 3, but this time I wanted a smaller phone. Now I'm going to have to look at some Droid or Windows phones, because I refuse to go back to the iPhone. I guess now I can (unfortunately) add the Galaxy S phones to my blacklist, too.
    What's your signal strength like?

04-17-2015 07:31 AM
    YOu guys know the Iphones has had bettery drain issues in the past when a new operating system came out.

Go to Best Buy and see a Samsung Rep and ask them about the problem.
    I can't get there till saturday afternoon cause they are 50 miles from me.
    Inders99 likes this.
    04-17-2015 07:40 AM
    I have AT&T.
    Don't know where HD voice is

For AT&T go here:

Settings->Connections->Mobile Networks->Mobile Data
    04-17-2015 07:43 AM
    What's your signal strength like?

Pretty weak. About 3 bars of 3G tops while I'm at work. When I get home, it's even worse because I live in the basement. Maybe 2 bars of 1X if I'm lucky. I can see that being an issue for the battery life, but for it to drain SO quickly is disappointing. My Note 3 never had this issue, but I guess it had a larger battery?
    04-17-2015 08:11 AM
    Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1429278112286.jpg

Here is my phone usage, but definitely I didn't numerous of settings and all of my Galaxy phone in past and I did same on s6 but I can clearly say Galaxy s5 battery were way better than Galaxy s6

Sent via the GALAXY S6
    04-17-2015 08:44 AM
    So yesterday I lost the Cell Standby drain before I did the Samsung update. My battery life was good yesterday but I hardly used my phone. On the graph it shows that my battery will last until tomorrow at 8 am...but as soon as I start to use the phone you can see the graph plummet. I took my phone off the charger last night around 10 -1030. Texted some, looked at Twitter (no videos at all). Woke at 7 and it was at 85%...made a 46 minute phone call and I'm at 72%.
    On my battery usage...Voice calls 8%, Screen 3%, Android OS 2%.
    I don't consider myself a heavy user...not sure I can live with this battery life.
    04-17-2015 08:54 AM
    Very poor battery life, I am bit disappointed with Galaxy s6 battery life. Here is another update on usage Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1429279123512.jpg

Sent via the GALAXY S6
    04-17-2015 08:59 AM
    This fix didn't fix anything for me. I had the Samsung push turned off and still do. I still am seeing cell standby issues. I'm failing to see how this could have possibly even fixed the issue since it's a Samsung release not a Google and this issue is tied to Lollipop (other phones experiencing the same thing)?
    04-17-2015 09:06 AM
    This app does literally nothing. I've already disabled it so there's no way this can improve battery life significantly.

Have a look at the reviews on the play store for this app. They are amazing.
    04-17-2015 09:10 AM
    Drain seems to be improved for me. I'm on Sprint with a Galaxy S6 edge. I leave the night clock on (I like it) from 1 am to 4:30 am, for the past week I'd take it off charger before bed around 11 pm and wake up @ 4:30 am to somewhere around 77% just sitting idle overnight. Last night, after the update yesterday I went to bed again at 100%. Woke up this morning with 88% at 4:30 am. I think it's helped a great deal. Cell stand-by was at 3% today, followed by Google play at 1%, Android OS at 1%, Device idle at 1%.... and so on. G-Sam says my average per charge is 19 hrs 34 mins. It'll be interesting to see if this goes up over the next few days.
    Yeah but yours still seems too high while in Standby, mine is working as the rest of my past phones, it's just using 4-5% overnight depending on the amount of hours I sleep, usually around 6-7 hours.

Check your account settings and look for your Google account(s) sync settings and disable everything you know you don't use, by default every Google App service is on, so just leave the ones you use, usually Gmail, Contacts, App Data and Calendar.
    04-17-2015 09:11 AM
    Here is a snapshot of my battery usage. Notice how when the phone is actually being used how fast it drops. I know it's a small sample. I'm going see how the battery lasts today when I will have more time to use the device.

Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-82.jpg  
    04-17-2015 09:11 AM
    Here is a snapshot of my battery usage. Notice how when the phone is actually being used how fast it drops. I know it's a small sample. I'm going see how the battery lasts today when I will have more time to use the device.

Same here. As soon as I begin using it the battery drains significantly!

This is a lollipop issue cuz my s5 had the battery drain after the ota lollipop update. My wife has the s5 with kitkat still on it and hers runs smooth as ice! Wish I never would've done the lollipop update on my s5
    HMBgal likes this.
    04-17-2015 09:51 AM
    My phone NEVER says more than 10 hours of battery length. I don't get it.
    04-17-2015 09:55 AM
    I've had my phone since the first day it can out. It had excellent battery life... Until last night/this morning. I woke up it was at 78% cell standby time 8% what? That's crazy. It's currently 11am, 7 hours off charge, 22% is cell standby time my battery is at 56%. That's horrible. It's not this low until at least 5pm. This is crucial! Please fix!

04-17-2015 09:58 AM
    I have AT&T.
    Don't know where HD voice is

Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Mobile Data -> Enhanced 4G LTE Services (HD Voice)

Are we still talking the Samsung Push Service app? I see,that it is installed and I am on AT&T. My understanding was that it was a notification app. Where is the option to install the update?
    Yeah, I updated the Samsung Push Service app through the Play Store

Where is this option?.
    Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Mobile Data -> Enhanced 4G LTE Services (HD Voice)
    04-17-2015 11:25 AM
    So...after streaming PANDORA over WiFi for a few hours you can see the significant battery drain. Since 7 am (i had 85% battery life) I have sent about 12 texts, used the phone 45 minutes & used Pandora. Now I'm down to 46% at 1:17 pm. So 40% in 6 hours...and I wouldn't consider that heavy use. Anyone think this is normal / good battery life. I'm not here to bad mouth the phone, just doesn't seem too good to me...maybe my expectations are too high.

Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!-84.jpg  
    speed13 likes this.
    04-17-2015 01:19 PM
209 12345 ...