04-19-2015 09:54 AM
209 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Agreed on this, but this applies to all Android devices on Lollipop right now. I'm just baffled at how people here haven't figured out that it's going to be a gamble no matter what device they choose right now. It's going to require some patience, but the end result is going to be positive.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    Totally agree. For sure, it's a Lollipop issue affecting all phones running it, it seems. The cell standby drain seems like a separate issue that was fixed for some, but not others. I really think there is a (fixable) problem with WiFi services causing that drain since different WiFi routers are the most significant difference between users.
    04-17-2015 09:00 PM
    You would think they would know how to deliver a phone with WiFi working normally.
    Inders99 and maj71303 like this.
    04-17-2015 09:28 PM
    You would think they would know how to deliver a phone with WiFi working normally.
    Unfortunately, that isn't reality. With any new version of an operating system, more,powerful displays and chipsets as well as additional features and better performance that is mass produced so quickly, there are bound to be issues. As consumers, we tend to want the latest and greatest as quick and slick as possible not caring how it gets there. I wouldn't have minded if the GS6 were released in May or June if some of the recent issues could have been avoided. I haven't seen very many posts acknowledging what Samsung accomplished in less than a year while there have been a plethora of viscous and vile comments blaming Samsung or Google,without any facts and no skin in the games from a resources and development perspective.
    04-17-2015 09:42 PM

I think mine worsened with the update

Sent from my S6 Edge
    04-17-2015 11:11 PM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...e0a5f65471.jpg

I think mine worsened with the update

Sent from my S6 Edge
    What carrier? What adjustments? Looks pretty good.
    04-18-2015 12:15 AM
    That same update came to my Note 4 this morning. My phone has been running very smooth and great battery life prior to that. I hope it helps many others who have had issues! My phone has Lollipop waiting to be installed, but I keep deferring, because I don't want those issues....so I'm wondering if it is helping those who have had issues with the Lollipop updates on other models as well.....
    It's still sketchy. I mean if runs well on the note 4 but there's a few bugs. Especially in the social media space.
    04-18-2015 01:04 AM
    The battery life sucks looked for the update there was none so must have it did a factory reset its the same way just like the screen rotation dose not work right

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 01:14 AM
    One thing I've learned from all this is that I hope Google spends this year refining 5.x instead of leaping ahead to a new version.
    04-18-2015 07:48 AM
    I had my WiFi completely off one day and cell standby still brutally killed my battery. It hasn't made a difference whether I'm on wifi or not.
    04-18-2015 07:58 AM
    The real issue here is that Google needs to fix Lollipop ASAP, especially if they expect people to spend over $1000 (like I did) on their flagship phones. Buyers, rightfully, have a high expectation for phones as expensive as these are. These phones are now more expensive than many laptops!
    Absolutely...Samsung is taking a beating over this, they're losing sales through returns and people like me who are watching from the sidelines, you'd think they'd be all over Google for a fix, companies get grumpy when their fighting for their profits. Samsung was questioned from the start about their battery and the decision for it to be non removable and now with the Lollipop bug it's worst scenario has come true.

Yeah, it'll probably be fixed...we hope. The problem is timing, Google has to first recognize the problem, throw their programmers on it, provide a legitimate fix through robust beta testing, then roll it out to the carriers who will spend more time monkeying around with their version, then roll it out. Hardly a streamlined and nimble fix.

I don't think anyone expects a bug free release of any device, but this is a big one.
    mrgiven likes this.
    04-18-2015 07:59 AM
    Absolutely...Samsung is taking a beating over this, they're losing sales through returns and people like me who are watching from the sidelines, you'd think they'd be all over Google for a fix, companies get grumpy when their fighting for their profits. Samsung was questioned from the start about their battery and the decision for it to be non removable and now with the Lollipop bug it's worst scenario has come true.

Yeah, it'll probably be fixed...we hope. The problem is timing, Google has to first recognize the problem, throw their programmers on it, provide a legitimate fix through robust beta testing, then roll it out to the carriers who will spend more time monkeying around with their version, then roll it out. Hardly a streamlined and nimble fix.

I don't think anyone expects a bug free release of any device, but this is a big one.
    How do you know that Samsung is taking a beating? Stop making stuff up.

drone3 and Adranalyne like this.
    04-18-2015 08:04 AM

Edit below
    mrgiven likes this.
    04-18-2015 08:08 AM
    People keep saying Google needs to fix it but do we know they havent? I mean Lollipop 5.1 is out and I believe 5.1.1 is on the way. This bug could already have been patched but Samsung and/or the carriers are dragging their feet.
    04-18-2015 08:09 AM

It's the vocal minority thing again. Always hilarious.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    04-18-2015 08:14 AM
    Pay attention, people are returning these phones. The more this gets out in the media the more sales suffer. If you don't think Samsung is aware of this and what it will do to sales you're delusional.
    You are full of crap. Stop coming here trying to stir the pot.

04-18-2015 08:14 AM
    There was a recent report that Samsung expects to sell 40% more units than the 50 million forecasted by analysts. Some beating. That's nearly 70 million for those of you doing the math at home.
    04-18-2015 08:53 AM
    What carrier? What adjustments? Looks pretty good.
    T-mobile, i had wifi of while screen is off not sure if that made the difference, i usually have about a little more than half of that, and it is good battery life it's just i didn't expect getting a less from the update but also im not sure if its from the setting i changed.

Sent from my S6 Edge
    04-18-2015 09:04 AM
    Please provide a link? Show me one credible source that says people are returning and samsung is taking a beating? Im not returning mine. What 50 people on the forum? Is this what your referring too. Cant just make stuff up man.
    Adranalyne likes this.
    04-18-2015 09:10 AM
    Here is some pics. Phone basically at idle with minimal use. WIfi on. Battery % loss similar to what I've been seeing with my S5.

04-18-2015 09:12 AM
    You guys are right, should have been more clear. There aren't numbers yet but there is a definite buzz about the battery life. I'd think Samsung would be working with Google on this so it doesn't become the big drawback on the phone considering the early skepticism on the small battery.
    04-18-2015 09:18 AM
    Google search android lollipop and every single article references the bugs especially the battery drain bug. I don't understand why some of you are getting so **** hurt about the reality of a genuine issue
    04-18-2015 09:19 AM
    Google search android lollipop and every single article references the bugs especially the battery drain bug. I don't understand why some of you are getting so **** hurt about the reality of a genuine issue
    We get the Lollipop issue. Millions have already purchased the device. It's still a vocally small fraction not to diminish their concerns which are unfortunate. If the beating were as bad as you making it out to be, publish the links to the sources and we will see. Would use my favorite Woody Harrelson quote but this a family oriented forum or at least it should be so that kids can see what an adult conversation happens.
    04-18-2015 09:26 AM
    Sorry but I'm not naive. If just about every single article blog or post about lollipop or android or new android devices references bugs then there must certainly be a pretty large vocal outcry. Yall do know this isn't the only android forum right?
    04-18-2015 09:58 AM
    Sorry but I'm not naive. If just about every single article blog or post about lollipop or android or new android devices references bugs then there must certainly be a pretty large vocal outcry. Yall do know this isn't the only android forum right?
    Yes. The only problem here is that a couple of people feel the need to comment on almost every single post on the s6 forum. That's fine but clearly they don't have a clue and that in turn has muddied quite a few topics. One guy in particular comments random non contributing posts comstantly.....it's against the rules to call him out but I'm pretty sure most of us know who it is.

clintw22 likes this.
    04-18-2015 10:05 AM
    This is getting way off topic with your condescending comment. Of course, there are multiple forums which I also to look at. There is still a vocal minority of those that won't stop ranting across multiple threads and forums. There is a likely issue related to Play Services that will likely resolve a lot of issues other than carrier related ones. One more time, where are the links and citations. I know facts and effort are a burden but we would all benefit from seeing actual articles and making decisions for ourselves.
    04-18-2015 10:08 AM
209 ... 45678 ...