Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
OK so just out of curiosity how exactly is this push service tied into the OS to the point that it would fix the drain?

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I got the update, hasn't really affected battery life much. I never really had a cell standby issue but drain from Play services and general device idle is running 2%-4% per hour, which is a bit high over time.

Perhaps push services was screwing with the radios of the models that had WiFi calling and causing some drain issues in general and this fixed or helps that issue? Lollipop still has some serious battery drain issues but hopefully Samsung found something on their side they could help with and pushed it out ASAP.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had the update since the 15th and my battery life has not changed. I still get crap lol. Sitting at 57% left of batter with 1.5 hrs of screen time. Draining like 3.8% per hr.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I think most people aren't using Samsung push services. I don't even know what apps would use it? Maybe the Samsung email app? My battery usage for that app was 0% before and after the update.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't tell if it's that or the fact that I switched off of my 5ghz WiFi but I only dropped 10% with an hour of on screen time. Seems a lot better for me

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm on verizon and the push app says it's up to date but cell standby is still by far at the top of the list

Attachments

• 1429229373928.jpg
    1429229373928.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 143

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess misinformation was being spread. Looks like it was a Samsung issue.

I haven't gotten the update yet, but eagerly await it. Would love better battery life on my phone.

Subtle distinction between misinformation and an honest mistake.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't think it was a Samsung issue. Samsung pushes updates to Samsung push services all the time. I'm sure though it helps.

While my cell standby has decreased, Google framework services has sky rocketed.

That's a very well known lollipop bug that has affected basically all lollipop devices no matter brand. The OnePLus One finally got the 5.0.2 update (CM12) a couple of days ago and since then a huge amount of devices has been showing the Google Play Services and other Google Play related Wakelocks. I just sold mine today to a co-worker after updating it yesterday, and after just a couple of hours the phone had drained 25%, this after I've found that is one of the best phone in the battery life department, just behind the Xperia Z3. Today Cyanogen said that they are working on a possible fix and that they should have it ready for next week.

So, what I'm saying above is that Lollipop is indeed very buggy right now, first time I have seen this in Android I think since Froyo. So let's all wait for Google to put their brains to work and finally find and fix this widespread issue.

So,

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Have you followed the instructions to shut off Volte

My "advanced calling" is off. Verizon can't even get it to work. I lost all calling function in & out when they tried activating it on my account. They got my reg calling restored and I've just left it turned off on my phone.

Just another reason this phone is likely being returned!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Went looking for it on my S6, it said it was already installed. It don't show the app that I can find.
But in the settings its there.

bdelio

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My "advanced calling" is off. Verizon can't even get it to work. I lost all calling function in & out when they tried activating it on my account. They got my reg calling restored and I've just left it turned off on my phone.

Just another reason this phone is likely being returned!

My phone has had no issues with Advanced calling with Verizon. On the other hand my wife's phone had the same issue described. I called verizon for help with the issue and they weren't able to fix it and suggested we speak with tier 2 support. My wife had to leave the house and was going to call them later but somehow they either fixed it or it fixed itself. I checked her account a couple hours later and she had the advanced calling on her plan. I completely understand the frustration but if they were able to fix it for her I am sure they can do the same for you

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

aspj111

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
S6 edge on AT&T updated the app this morning didn't seem to help. Wife has the S6 and seems to be getting much better battery life.

Attachments

• 1429241460562.jpg
    1429241460562.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 115

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm reluctant to download this app and apply the fix as I'm with Verizon and I find my battery life to be pretty amazing. I'm getting over 18 hours with over 4.5 hours of screen on time. And I don't use any Samsung services so I'm not even sure this would do anything for me.

Any other Verizon people out there having similar thoughts or reservations?

I'm on T-mobile and my battery life is great too. I don't think I will be performing the update. I've always been told "if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.