Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
YOu guys know the Iphones has had bettery drain issues in the past when a new operating system came out.

Go to Best Buy and see a Samsung Rep and ask them about the problem.
I can't get there till saturday afternoon cause they are 50 miles from me.

JoesonFox

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
What's your signal strength like?

Posted via the Android Central App

Pretty weak. About 3 bars of 3G tops while I'm at work. When I get home, it's even worse because I live in the basement. Maybe 2 bars of 1X if I'm lucky. I can see that being an issue for the battery life, but for it to drain SO quickly is disappointing. My Note 3 never had this issue, but I guess it had a larger battery?

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1429278112286.jpg

Here is my phone usage, but definitely I didn't numerous of settings and all of my Galaxy phone in past and I did same on s6 but I can clearly say Galaxy s5 battery were way better than Galaxy s6

Sent via the GALAXY S6

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So yesterday I lost the Cell Standby drain before I did the Samsung update. My battery life was good yesterday but I hardly used my phone. On the graph it shows that my battery will last until tomorrow at 8 am...but as soon as I start to use the phone you can see the graph plummet. I took my phone off the charger last night around 10 -1030. Texted some, looked at Twitter (no videos at all). Woke at 7 and it was at 85%...made a 46 minute phone call and I'm at 72%.
On my battery usage...Voice calls 8%, Screen 3%, Android OS 2%.
I don't consider myself a heavy user...not sure I can live with this battery life.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Very poor battery life, I am bit disappointed with Galaxy s6 battery life. Here is another update on usage uploadfromtaptalk1429279123512.jpg

Sent via the GALAXY S6

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This fix didn't fix anything for me. I had the Samsung push turned off and still do. I still am seeing cell standby issues. I'm failing to see how this could have possibly even fixed the issue since it's a Samsung release not a Google and this issue is tied to Lollipop (other phones experiencing the same thing)?

naviman1

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
This app does literally nothing. I've already disabled it so there's no way this can improve battery life significantly.

Have a look at the reviews on the play store for this app. They are amazing.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Drain seems to be improved for me. I'm on Sprint with a Galaxy S6 edge. I leave the night clock on (I like it) from 1 am to 4:30 am, for the past week I'd take it off charger before bed around 11 pm and wake up @ 4:30 am to somewhere around 77% just sitting idle overnight. Last night, after the update yesterday I went to bed again at 100%. Woke up this morning with 88% at 4:30 am. I think it's helped a great deal. Cell stand-by was at 3% today, followed by Google play at 1%, Android OS at 1%, Device idle at 1%.... and so on. G-Sam says my average per charge is 19 hrs 34 mins. It'll be interesting to see if this goes up over the next few days.

Yeah but yours still seems too high while in Standby, mine is working as the rest of my past phones, it's just using 4-5% overnight depending on the amount of hours I sleep, usually around 6-7 hours.

Check your account settings and look for your Google account(s) sync settings and disable everything you know you don't use, by default every Google App service is on, so just leave the ones you use, usually Gmail, Contacts, App Data and Calendar.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Here is a snapshot of my battery usage. Notice how when the phone is actually being used how fast it drops. I know it's a small sample. I'm going see how the battery lasts today when I will have more time to use the device.

Attachments

• 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 190

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Here is a snapshot of my battery usage. Notice how when the phone is actually being used how fast it drops. I know it's a small sample. I'm going see how the battery lasts today when I will have more time to use the device.

Same here. As soon as I begin using it the battery drains significantly!

This is a lollipop issue cuz my s5 had the battery drain after the ota lollipop update. My wife has the s5 with kitkat still on it and hers runs smooth as ice! Wish I never would've done the lollipop update on my s5

kallen1229

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone since the first day it can out. It had excellent battery life... Until last night/this morning. I woke up it was at 78% cell standby time 8% what? That's crazy. It's currently 11am, 7 hours off charge, 22% is cell standby time my battery is at 56%. That's horrible. It's not this low until at least 5pm. This is crucial! Please fix!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T.
Don't know where HD voice is

Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Mobile Data -> Enhanced 4G LTE Services (HD Voice)

Are we still talking the Samsung Push Service app? I see,that it is installed and I am on AT&T. My understanding was that it was a notification app. Where is the option to install the update?

Yeah, I updated the Samsung Push Service app through the Play Store

Where is this option?.

Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Mobile Data -> Enhanced 4G LTE Services (HD Voice)

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So...after streaming PANDORA over WiFi for a few hours you can see the significant battery drain. Since 7 am (i had 85% battery life) I have sent about 12 texts, used the phone 45 minutes & used Pandora. Now I'm down to 46% at 1:17 pm. So 40% in 6 hours...and I wouldn't consider that heavy use. Anyone think this is normal / good battery life. I'm not here to bad mouth the phone, just doesn't seem too good to me...maybe my expectations are too high.

Attachments

• 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 132

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So...after streaming PANDORA over WiFi for a few hours you can see the significant battery drain. Since 7 am (i had 85% battery life) I have sent about 12 texts, used the phone 45 minutes & used Pandora. Now I'm down to 46% at 1:17 pm. So 40% in 6 hours...and I wouldn't consider that heavy use. Anyone think this is normal / good battery life. I'm not here to bad mouth the phone, just doesn't seem too good to me...maybe my expectations are too high.

Completely agree with you that battery life on s6 is not good and close to s5. Someone should come with some update

Sent via the GALAXY S6

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Pretty weak. About 3 bars of 3G tops while I'm at work. When I get home, it's even worse because I live in the basement. Maybe 2 bars of 1X if I'm lucky. I can see that being an issue for the battery life, but for it to drain SO quickly is disappointing. My Note 3 never had this issue, but I guess it had a larger battery?

Not saying this is the reason but if your signal is this bad then it can absolutely kill the battery. You're right about the Note having a bigger battery so maybe that's why is seems like such a difference.

timon159

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys try this.
1)Turn off Enhanced 4G LTE or VoLTE
2)Turn off always scanning in WiFi settings
3)Turn off smart network switch
4)Restart the phone

These things worked for me. Used to have cell standby drain most of my battery now the battery is the same level as my S5. Im 20 hours on battery and still 1/3rd left.
Screenshot_2015-04-17-14-54-57.jpgScreenshot_2015-04-17-14-55-12.jpg

bgrushin

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, I got this update Wed morning and my cell standby is still crazy high, currently 31% so this didn't help me. I'm on verizon s6. Wondering if worth doing a full reset but can't imagine that will do anything if a software update didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.