Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter who wrote something in their blog, I just compared with my S5 that's reality Galaxy s5 beat Galaxy s6 in battery battle. I have both of them.

Sent via the GALAXY S6

So do I. My girlfriend is using it right now. My S6 Edge easily outlasts the S5.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

JoesonFox

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys try this.
1)Turn off Enhanced 4G LTE or VoLTE
2)Turn off always scanning in WiFi settings
3)Turn off smart network switch
4)Restart the phone

These things worked for me. Used to have cell standby drain most of my battery now the battery is the same level as my S5. Im 20 hours on battery and still 1/3rd left.
View attachment 172226View attachment 172227

Do you have the S6 Edge? How in the world are you getting a full day's use out of your battery? I have the S6 and I have yet to get much over 12 hours out of one charge. It seems to be getting a little better with each charge, but I'm nowhere near a whole day's worth of battery.

Where can I find the "Enhanced 4G LTE" option on a Verizon phone? I have the other 2 options already disabled.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Only one way to settle this...

FIGHTTTTTT

Posted via the Android Central App

This is pretty much what I can get consistently. My S5 can come close, but it doesn't match this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-13-19-23-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-13-19-23-43.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_2015-04-13-19-23-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-13-19-23-50.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have turned off WiFi search, HD voice ect. At 2 pm I had 43% battery...just scrolling through my Twitter time line (no videos or links) and sending a few texts an hour later I'm at 34%. Not trying to beat a dead horse here just trying to put out some info.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Completely agree with you that battery life on s6 is not good and close to s5. Someone should come with some update

Sent via the GALAXY S6

Before the lollipop ota update I could use my s5 all day and not have to charge it until I got home. The battery was phenomenal!

Lollipop changed all that and I assumed the s6 wouldn't have the same issues being as it is designed to run lollipop. Well I was wrong!

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't matter who wrote something in their blog, I just compared with my S5 that's reality Galaxy s5 beat Galaxy s6 in battery battle. I have both of them.

Sent via the GALAXY S6

Adranalyne trolls those that speak negatively about the s6/s6 edge. I think they work for Samsung.

I agree with ya though. I wish I had my s5 with kitkat back!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Adranalyne trolls those that speak negatively about the s6/s6 edge. I think they work for Samsung.

I agree with ya though. I wish I had my s5 with kitkat back!

I correct people who say things that aren't right. Big difference. In benchmarks and in real world use, the S6 has better battery life. If you're not experiencing that right now, one week into the launch of this device, you already know why; it's been discussed ad nauseum. It's amusing how so many of you can look at people who are posting screens consistently of far better battery life than your own devices and just shrug it off. That's how the device really performs. When Lollipop gets fixed to stop these issues, which are present on a ton of devices, you'll see the same results.

Doesn't change the fact that how my device performs, sans cell standby/Google Services, is a more accurate portrayal of how the S6 is. Sorry you can't grasp that.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I correct people who say things that aren't right. Big difference. In benchmarks and in real world use, the S6 has better battery life. If you're not experiencing that right now, one week into the launch of this device, you already know why; it's been discussed ad nauseum. It's amusing how so many of you can look at people who are posting screens consistently of far better battery life than your own devices and just shrug it off. That's how the device really performs. When Lollipop gets fixed to stop these issues, which are present on a ton of devices, you'll see the same results.

Doesn't change the fact that how my device performs, sans cell standby/Google Services, is a more accurate portrayal of how the S6 is. Sorry you can't grasp that.
All what you said it's big BS period! I had every single Galaxy phone up to date and don't BS about other performances we are talking about battery here and thousands of people are not happy about battery life and now you selling BS come on!

Sent via the GALAXY S6

timon159

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes I have the s6 edge. At first my battery was ok not great. But after deactivating those things it was a million times better. Remember to do a reboot after switching the options off.

Not sure where to find that on a verizon version but look for VoLTE in mobile networks - mobile data

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
He use to say it was the prelaunch ones with the problem ..but now he includes post launch, but its only a week..this Guys a trip him and 007

timon159

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Do you have the S6 Edge? How in the world are you getting a full day's use out of your battery? I have the S6 and I have yet to get much over 12 hours out of one charge. It seems to be getting a little better with each charge, but I'm nowhere near a whole day's worth of battery.

Where can I find the "Enhanced 4G LTE" option on a Verizon phone? I have the other 2 options already disabled.

Yes I have the s6 edge. At first my battery was ok not great. But after deactivating those things it was a million times better. Remember to do a reboot after switching the options off.

Not sure where to find that on a verizon version but look for VoLTE in mobile networks - mobile data

timon159

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I have turned off WiFi search, HD voice ect. At 2 pm I had 43% battery...just scrolling through my Twitter time line (no videos or links) and sending a few texts an hour later I'm at 34%. Not trying to beat a dead horse here just trying to put out some info.

Make sure you reboot

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have both the S5 and S6 also. So far, to me, set up identically, the battery life seems to be neck and neck. I think that the S6 may be slightly better, but can not really confirm anymore (The S5 is no longer connected to a SIM, so can't make any more direct comparisons).

One thing I will point out is that network connectivity makes a huge difference. With my S5, when I was at home Wifi, and idle (i.e., light use to check emails/texts), I would lose about 1.8-2% per hour. But, at work Wifi (also Idle), I would lose 2.6-3%. Can't explain why, but clearly the difference was the different Wifi setups.

With the S6, home idle time is about the same. The work idle %loss seems a little better, but its still a little early to tell for sure. So, difference in the Wifi (or cell) network will make a difference for different users.

Another thing to note: Rogue apps. Sometimes, with my S5, I would notice a sudden spurt with the %loss. Checking Gsam, I usually found it was a particular app (several times, it was Myfitnesspal) that once I closed out in the task manager, fixed the issue. So, now we have a new device with a relatively new OS, and it wouldn't surprise me if some were experiencing issues with the occasional rogue app.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
He use to say it was the prelaunch ones with the problem ..but now he includes post launch, but its only a week..this Guys a trip him and 007

Yeah I guess me proving it over and over with battery screens and benchmarks isn't good enough. You're also not understanding that me sharing these things is actually helpful because it shows that the purchase you made wasn't for nothing, but that's cool. Enjoy returning your phones while the rest of us don't waste our time crying about a non-issue.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I like how you say those of us with genuine issues are "shrugging off" the posts of those that are getting better performance while you yourself "shrug off" the posts of us with genuine issues. I think that is called hypocrisy.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that the true accurate portrayal of the s6 & s6 edge is that they are littered with bugs and genuine serious issues.

I'm glad yours is working to your liking but unless you actually can offer advice/help rather than an arrogant condescending remark to "just get over it" may I suggest just moving along and not posting?

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Since last charge this is better but in 2.5hrs I lost 25% of my battery. There is no cell standby this time but losing that much charge in that short a time period is not acceptable.

Attachments

• 1429307612251.jpg
    1429307612251.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech