Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
He use to say it was the prelaunch ones with the problem ..but now he includes post launch, but its only a week..this Guys a trip him and 007

Better to keep quiet and let people wonder if you are a fool than to open your mouth to confirm. When you can't counter with objective facts and not resort to personal comments, you resort to puerile and ignorant comments.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I like how you say those of us with genuine issues are "shrugging off" the posts of those that are getting better performance while you yourself "shrug off" the posts of us with genuine issues. I think that is called hypocrisy.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that the true accurate portrayal of the s6 & s6 edge is that they are littered with bugs and genuine serious issues.

I'm glad yours is working to your liking but unless you actually can offer advice/help rather than an arrogant condescending remark to "just get over it" may I suggest just moving along and not posting?

If I offer advice, it'll be met with the same response erasat gets: "But I shouldn't have to tweak anything" and more nonsense like that. Here's a spoiler alert, though; none of us can fix this right now. We've identified what it is, what it's doing, and how it's affecting other devices that run Lollipop. Google needs to address it. Simple as that.

Yet those that are aware of this, that have battery drain issues, still come here to whine and cry as if something is going to change. You just bought the phone. You know others are not having the same issue and their battery life is a lot better. You know the issue is software related. You know certain workarounds because erasat has been nice enough to share them over and over again. All that considered, you still come here and cry over this and argue with people who don't have the same problem.

If you can't be patient with it or don't want to exchange it, return it. This isn't complicated. Every time you say the battery life on the S6 sucks, someone is going to correct you, because in reality, it doesn't.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
If I offer advice, it'll be met with the same response erasat gets: "But I shouldn't have to tweak anything" and more nonsense like that. Here's a spoiler alert, though; none of us can fix this right now. We've identified what it is, what it's doing, and how it's affecting other devices that run Lollipop. Google needs to address it. Simple as that.

Yet those that are aware of this, that have battery drain issues, still come here to whine and cry as if something is going to change. You just bought the phone. You know others are not having the same issue and their battery life is a lot better. You know the issue is software related. You know certain workarounds because erasat has been nice enough to share them over and over again. All that considered, you still come here and cry over this and argue with people who don't have the same problem.

If you can't be patient with it or don't want to exchange it, return it. This isn't complicated. Every time you say the battery life on the S6 sucks, someone is going to correct you, because in reality, it doesn't.

I'm not the only person reporting issues and it isn't just a few other people either.....it's thousands if not hundreds of thousands! Do you even read the Internet any???

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not the only person reporting issues and it isn't just a few other people either.....it's thousands if not hundreds of thousands! Do you even read the Internet any???

Out of everything I just said, your only takeaway was to say there's a lot of people who have this issue, something I never disputed in my post. Good lord.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Better to keep quiet and let people wonder if you are a fool than to open your mouth to confirm. When you can't counter with objective facts and not resort to personal comments, you resort to puerile and ignorant comments.
What advice,don't use Nova. You never used it but you tell people not to use it..Yea your very credible.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Out of everything I just said, your only takeaway was to say there's a lot of people who have this issue, something I never disputed in my post. Good lord.

You dispute it every single time you condescendingly mock those of us reporting genuine issues!

Like I said before if all you can post is arrogant condescending remarks then please just move along. We all understand that you think the s6 battery is the greatest friggin thing ever in the history of anything but please do pardon my disagreeing with you!

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
You dispute it every single time you condescendingly mock those of us reporting genuine issues!

Like I said before if all you can post is arrogant condescending remarks then please just move along. We all understand that you think the s6 battery is the greatest friggin thing ever in the history of anything but please do pardon my disagreeing with you!
Agree with you.

Sent via the GALAXY S6

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I said it's better than the S5 by a small margin (it is), back it up with real world usage and the most credible benchmarks (Anandtech), and I'm being condescending by correcting the person responsible for that fallacy and suddenly I think it's the greatest thing ever? Riiiiight. Saying it's only slightly better than the S5 is real indicative of me believing it's the best battery ever.

You keep complaining and I'll keep correcting.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Where are you getting your thousands of reported issues from? Certainly not pulling them from a credible source. Out of possibly 50 to 70 Million that could sold by this device, that's not even a rounding error. Even the poll, albeit a small sample size and not highly scientific, on the site indicates that you are in the small minority. If you don't have the stomach to be an early adopter, then don't buy it in release day and don't preorder it. You are better off waiting until these issues are resolved. It is like anything you buy, rather than rant with random comments and whine posting the same comment about how the battery sucks across multiple threads, call your carrier customer service and work through the technical issues. If you can't resolve them but still like the device, return it for an exchange. If their resolution does not meet your expectations, then return it and get another device that meets your needs.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the S6 Edge? How in the world are you getting a full day's use out of your battery? I have the S6 and I have yet to get much over 12 hours out of one charge. It seems to be getting a little better with each charge, but I'm nowhere near a whole day's worth of battery.

Where can I find the "Enhanced 4G LTE" option on a Verizon phone? I have the other 2 options already disabled.
This is me on AT&T with the same settings...

6f602c739e51a6d3bccc4f6db8922204.jpg

7e52976fc85ecb735e81f9aabbefa68a.jpg

If people would just listen and try a few things, you can get awesome battery life.
Oh, and VoLTE is located in settings > mobile networks > mobile data

Beemed to you with the GS6

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store today to see if they had any information about the battery issues. They ended up replacing my phone. So now, I've gone back through & turned all that stuff off & disabled a bunch of apps. Not sure it's going to help...still watching the battery percentage tick down.

Posted via the Android Central App

othersteve

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any ideas as to why Android System is using 35% of my battery as of the second charge cycle? This is in addition to 14% Cell Standby.

I got a total of around 12 hours today with just 2 hours of SOT and 2 hours talk time over Bluetooth headset.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is this good? I finally did a test at my conference where I did not try to charge up during the day. I did turn off WiFi and VoLTE but nothing else. Checked emails and texts as well as played a game or two and checked AC. Also took some photos and listened to Spotify for a few hours. I was also in the train underground for an hour (so it was searching for signal the whole time). I got almost 3 hours of SoT. I am on Verizon and power saving never kicked in yet even though it is on.

P.S. I did do the Samsung push update. And did a battery pack charge around 2 pm.

uploadfromtaptalk1429319061586.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429319067350.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton