Status
Not open for further replies.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
How do you know who's the minority?
You keep saying that.
You're here in these forums too.
That makes you that same minority of users.
The biggest majority of people buying this phone aren't going to assume it's Google's fault. They're going to blame their new Samsung S6.

Here's some free advice; worry about your own phone. Be patient or return it. Seriously. They're aware of the issue some, not all, are having and will fix it. If that's not cool for you, them get rid of it and move on.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Here's some free advice; worry about your own phone. Be patient or return it. Seriously. They're aware of the issue some, not all, are having and will fix it. If that's not cool for you, them get rid of it and move on.

I completely agree.
These whiners need to quit putting up with these ridiculous battery life issues.
Return the phone. Maybe next time Samsung will make sure they have it right before they release something that makes people regret ever switching over to Android. Especially with a device that was an obvious attempt to grab a piece of apple pie.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I completely agree.
These whiners need to quit putting up with these ridiculous battery life issues.
Return the phone. Maybe next time Samsung will make sure they have it right before they release something that makes people regret ever switching over to Android. Especially with a device that was an obvious attempt to grab a piece of apple pie.

Yeah. I'm realllllly regretting picking this phone up with the 4-5 hours on screen and 15-17 hours of use. Well at least it's clear why you're here picking fights.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You keep reacting like someone said something bad about your mother.
It's an electronic device for crying out loud. Give it a rest.

Should I also give it a rest? I don't have such battery issues.

After all, the vast majority who have battery issues are on T-Mobile. Why blame Samsung when it's a T-Mobile issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is not good and I'm on Verizon. I'm not really complaining all that much. I get 2.5 hours screen on time over about 12 hours.

Most every Android phone I've had has been like that. What I DO want to know is if there is an app I've had installed on every one of my phones that is just a really bad battery hog. Nothing really shows up in the battery menu or in GSam. And the kernel wake lock menu on GSam is blank.

Having said all that, any tips from you guys on how I should/could identify a possibly rogue app?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is not good and I'm on Verizon. I'm not really complaining all that much. I get 2.5 hours screen on time over about 12 hours.

Most every Android phone I've had has been like that. What I DO want to know is if there is an app I've had installed on every one of my phones that is just a really bad battery hog. Nothing really shows up in the battery menu or in GSam. And the kernel wake lock menu on GSam is blank.

Having said all that, any tips from you guys on how I should/could identify a possibly rogue app?

First of all post as many screenshot as you can of the Original Battery Stats screens and from Gsam app, then we can maybe try to see if we can help you identify what may be causing it in your case.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Turn off VoLTE/HD voice, keep wifi on but turn off always scanning, if you don't use Google Now and don't require geolocation on your pictures or don't use Samsung's built in phone tracking service (Google's device manager is also included in the S6 as well, but hidden) then you can turn off location services or GPS altogether (gps is listed as location in the quick settings of your notification shade.

If by chance, you are in a bad reception area for your carrier then nothing will stop your phone from searching for better cell reception and draining your battery fast.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually, with Verizon it is OK to turn on VoLTE/advanced calling, and I believe most have gotten better results with it on. Have you wiped cache?

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
By no means am I saying we shouldn't be talking about what has helped, and who isn't having the issue.
But it's these two guys that keep belittling others who are having battery issues. I'm telling them to give calling these forum members whiners a rest.
All in defense of a electronic device.
Belittling people and calling them whiners. Give it a rest.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You know people will defend there purchase to the end. The more you bring up bugs and problems the worst they react to your comments. All I'm saying is why do I need to tweak and make compromises to get acceptable performance/battery life right out the box with these flagship phones? People will argue me down that it is necessary with android to do this and I ask again why should I have to do this in 2015?
2015 and Google has not learned what it takes to make an efficient OS that does not require tweaking right out the box. 2015 and Samsung makes all the components for their own phones and yet cannot optimize there own drivers and code base they add to android for their own phones. I had the S6 edge 128GB and yet I took it back because of a battery drain that even happens on standby.
2015 and the cure is to compromise my user experience by disabling features, settings, and apps themselves. 2015 and I have to compromise what makes a smartphone a smartphone because it just that awesome of a phone. 2015 folks and this is not how I will do business anymore with my purchases. I will not make compromises, I won't wait for the next update to solve the problem, and I won't tweak a phone to death anymore.
For how much these devices cost now there should be no compromise. I would hope more people would do themselves justice and not compromise. But you have so many willing to put up with them just to have the next uber device and that in itself is a shame. Yeahhhhh I might have to stay with an older device until I find something better, but I will keep my principles and not compromise my user experience for a devices shortcomings.

I will admit when I make an error in purchasing anything. Based upon the information available at the time and based upon my own personal testing, I felt comfortable with my our chase which I do to this day. It gets a little frustrating when an easily addressed issue is posted across multiple threads that can be solved with a call to tech support. Rants based upon unsubstantiated claims that are also spread across creation add absolutely no value. Intolerance of differing opinions is also not helpful. Who determines what's useful? You?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
First of all post as many screenshot as you can of the Original Battery Stats screens and from Gsam app, then we can maybe try to see if we can help you identify what may be causing it in your case.

I charged midday so I don't know how accurate all this will be...you can still see there's a heavy drain. Been like this on nearly every Android phone of mine so I'm thinking it's some app:

Attachments

• 2938.jpg
    2938.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 2939.jpg
    2939.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 2936.jpg
    2936.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 2937.jpg
    2937.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 146

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone really buy this phone because of it's battery ?
Saying it gets bad battery life is like saying my Ferrari gets bad gas mileage.

Bingo. If you are unhappy with the Ferrari, return it and move on if you don't understand it's a software issue that seems to be affecting some carriers more than others. It's amazing who those with carriers with poor signal strength and or the simultaneous voice/data issues are the first to blame the device which in some cases could be the culprit. The weaker the signal the harder the battery gets hammered reducing time in battery. If you have an issue not related to the possible Lollipop issue, call tech support to work through the issue and determine of you need to return it rather than tirelessly rant about how bad the device is.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
By no means am I saying we shouldn't be talking about what has helped, and who isn't having the issue.
But it's these two guys that keep belittling others who are having battery issues. I'm telling them to give calling these forum members whiners a rest.
All in defense of a electronic device.
Belittling people and calling them whiners. Give it a rest.

At this point, you're the only one still going on about this. I think people appreciate the fact that there's devices out there that aren't having this issue and that's what I'm bringing to the table. So I'm not being unrealistic about the battery life of this phone. If anything, I'm in a more qualified position to discuss what this thing can do since my phone isn't having these problems.

Warpdrive can attest to this. We'd argue back and forth about the battery life on this phone and when we finally got ours, he gets even better battery life than I do.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
At this point, you're the only one still going on about this. I think people appreciate the fact that there's devices out there that aren't having this issue and that's what I'm bringing to the table. So I'm not being unrealistic about the battery life of this phone. If anything, I'm in a more qualified position to discuss what this thing can do since my phone isn't having these problems.

Warpdrive can attest to this. We'd argue back and forth about the battery life on this phone and when we finally got ours, he gets even better battery life than I do.

Adranalyne, put him on your ignore list. Warpdrive is coming off mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.