Battery Drain Fixed by Samsung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
People keep saying Google needs to fix it but do we know they havent? I mean Lollipop 5.1 is out and I believe 5.1.1 is on the way. This bug could already have been patched but Samsung and/or the carriers are dragging their feet.
Missed this one. Good point. There would have been no time to include this version update and release by the original release date for Samsung or the carriers. Things like this and trying to stay with your competition means making certain choices given a small window in the manufacturing and distribution processes. A May or June release would have helped but that's not reality. The reality is that lots of folks are experiencing issues. Both Samsung and Google appear to be pushing updates. Maybe if the carriersg get enough feedback, they may push the aforementioned versions out. Is there anyone running 5.1 or later now?

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Missed this one. Good point. There would have been no time to include this version update and release by the original release date for Samsung or the carriers. Things like this and trying to stay with your competition means making certain choices given a small window in the manufacturing and distribution processes. A May or June release would have helped but that's not reality. The reality is that lots of folks are experiencing issues. Both Samsung and Google appear to be pushing updates. Maybe if the carriersg get enough feedback, they may push the aforementioned versions out. Is there anyone running 5.1 or later now?

And away we go....

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup! I'm new around here and couldn't believe the backlash myself and others were getting because we, gasp, dared to mention these new phones aren't functioning 100% correctly and have genuine issues. It's like they take it extremely personally like they built the phone themselves.

What I wanna know is how do you ignore or block people on here?

The backlash as you call it is a result of your repeated posts about an issue to issues that you are having which may still persist. It's easy to complain when you have no skin in the game like Samsung and have to make certain choices to meet a deadline to match their competition. You have every right to post your issues but when you try shut down our comments and answers to your posts, it's called backlash but when it's you guys, you're the victims. My purchase decision was based upon research and evaluating feedback from others more experienced than myself as well as going into the store and testing demo units when they are available. Never blindly buy anything without doing your own research. I made my purchase despite some of the initial and current issues because I felt confident enough to do so. I knew exactly what I was getting into. As far as taking your comments personally, I don't for the most part and ignore most of them but when you continue to post puerile and ignorant comments repeatedly instead and getting us off topic, I have to stand up for myself and others who offer a different viewpoint and are just trying to a healthy dialogue. Thought freedom of expression was included in such a dialogue which sometimes involves sides that have differs views. I guess I was wrong and you guys have become the arbiters of what it is really correct and proper to post. Done. Off my soapbox.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Lol. Maybe I'll give it until Friday (my last day) before an exchange. This is just from this morning. I haven't had the app that long. How does it look?

That look like you are going to get around 5.25 hours of SoT and that is very good seeing that you appears to have used chrome a lot, and Chrome and white background pages uses some considerable battery resources.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That look like you are going to get around 5.25 hours of SoT and that is very good seeing that you appears to have used chrome a lot, and Chrome and white background pages uses some considerable battery resources.

I'll repost at the end of the battery. Let's hope!!!!

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Is there anyway to change the background to black or nightmode when using crome or Google search to help conserve on battery?.

I use Tapatalk in nightmode all the time and it really makes a difference on battery usage.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The backlash as you call it is a result of your repeated posts about an issue to issues that you are having which may still persist. It's easy to complain when you have no skin in the game like Samsung and have to make certain choices to meet a deadline to match their competition.

That's the excuse? Roll out the product before it's fully vetted? This phone is a tool for me, it's my business portal, I don't play games or watch video or have "fun" with it, it's work device and if it runs out of juice quickly it becomes a crutch.

I own a construction company, if my equipment, vehicles, software functioned like Android roll-outs it would make life very difficult. If my crew is screwing around with saws, compressors, scaffolds, etc that aren't rolled out competently I lose money and trust me there's little margin in this business.

These phones are marvels of technology, they're highly complex with many moving parts...I get it, we all get it. You have Google, the manufacturers, and the carriers all dipping their hands in the product and yes there are going to be issues here and there but this one is a pretty significant bugger, blame whomever you want. The S6 even before its launch was being scrutinized for its smaller battery so maybe they'd have made sure this one aspect was put to rest before release.

We all love Android for its flexibility, and yes it's complex, but it's so commonplace to roll out an Android product with so many bugs these days, it would be nice if the industry stepped back and rethought the process, it would eliminate the biggest knock on the product.

As many have said here though, you can adopt early and deal with it given the current state of Android or hang on the sidelines until things smooth out a bit, I'm hanging and hope to be a S6 buyer in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11