Has anyone else experienced their bluetooth devices randomly disconnecting and headsets having garbled audio?

I have a Plantronics Voyager Edge that when it stays connected eventually becomes garbled and incoherent and I have to turn it off. My old Jawbone Icon is more stable and doesn't have the audio problem but it does randomly disconnect too. The random disconnect happens in both my work truck and personal truck too.

Is this another lollipop bug?

I don't think I'm gonna make the 14 days! With the advanced calling bs, the extreme battery drain and the bluetooth chaos this phone is likely going straight back to verizon!
    04-16-2015 07:17 PM
    Has anyone else experienced their bluetooth devices randomly disconnecting and headsets having garbled audio?

I have a Plantronics Voyager Edge that when it stays connected eventually becomes garbled and incoherent and I have to turn it off. My old Jawbone Icon is more stable and doesn't have the audio problem but it does randomly disconnect too. The random disconnect happens in both my work truck and personal truck too.

Is this another lollipop bug?

I don't think I'm gonna make the 14 days! With the advanced calling bs, the extreme battery drain and the bluetooth chaos this phone is likely going straight back to verizon!
    On AT&T, no issues with BT built into my vehicle. How old is BT device? Version may not be compatible with the GS6.
    04-16-2015 07:53 PM
    On AT&T, no issues with BT built into my vehicle. How old is BT device? Version may not be compatible with the GS6.
    That's the funny thing....my old 4-5 year old Jawbone Icon is more stable than my few months old Plantronics. I didn't have any issues with my s5.
    04-16-2015 08:34 PM
    I don't know about a bug, but from my experience I think the bluetooth radio is not as powerful as my S5. Here is my experience with this:

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones that I've been using for several years so I've used it with my S3 and S5 as well. My disappointment is based on going on a walk with the dog. I put the phone in my left front pocket and I get some periodic blips where the sound cuts out. If I put the phone in my right front pocket I have less of these drops. If I take it out of my pocket and hold it in my hand, no drops, so it definitely seems like there is some proximity/strength issues in my particular situation. I had similar issues with my S3, but my S5 was rock solid with carrying it in either pocket. It's not a deal breaker for me, but is a noticeable change from the S5. Perhaps it's because of the metallic case causing a little less of the signal to emit from the phone(?)
    04-17-2015 10:14 AM
    I've ordered the new jawbone era and it'll be here today. We'll see how it does. I'm hopeful on it because my old jawbone icon is more stable but it's battery is old and doesn't hold a charge very long anymore.
    04-17-2015 10:36 AM
    Well the new Jawbone didn't fare very well. It wouldn't stay connected either. Kept having trouble just connecting it then once it would connect it wouldn't stay connected.

I swapped the phone out yesterday afternoon for another s6 and this new one hasn't give me one ounce of trouble with my Bluetooth devices. Both the Plantronics and the Jawbone have paired and connected easily and remained connected. Same for my work truck.

Apparently I just got a defective phone!

Posted via the Android Central App
    glennh likes this.
    04-22-2015 10:42 AM
    I haven't had any connection issues. I have just noticed that BT audio is quieter than my Nexus 5.
    04-22-2015 10:53 AM
    I have a Verizon S6 and I use BT with an awesome Monster Speaker, Arctic headphones and in my Volt. All 3 experience random BT dropping that has nothing to do with distance from the device. The phone, sitting in the middle of the car playing an audio book and it just randomly pauses, usually at a good part in heavy traffic! Frustrating!

Conversely, I have also experienced random audio UN-pausing. I'll pause the BT, turn off the BT device and a few minutes later my phone, in my pocket, is making noise! This is a problem with an audiobook because now I have lost my place. Not so bad if playing music. This happens with Audible Player, Pandora, and the native music app playing music that I uploaded to my phone. It happens in my pocket or just sitting quietly, not getting any jostling. I wonder if the pausing/un-pausing problem is an audio problem and not a BT problem??? Hrmmm.

I think the BT signal may not be quite as strong as my old S3 because I can't get as far from my BT Monster speaker with out it starting to skip and miss. I have also had a bit of unexplained garbling, but I feel like that is from blocking the signal. The S6 almost seems to need line-of-sight to the BT device. If I stick it in my pocket the wrong way under too many layers of clothes, it seems to garble or skip.

I use BT A LOT. I hope this is a software issue that can be fixed by an update and not a hardware deficiency!
    04-22-2015 12:41 PM
    One more comment on the battery drain. Got my S6 at BestBuy on the day it released and the salesman set me up because the Verizon/Samsung expert was swamped. I thought I could figure out my settings myself, I was wrong. All my setting were foobar. Battery was only lasting half a day in standby! I was ready to take mine back in the 14 day return period also, but I called BestBuy first. I talked to the "expert". Got my settings corrected (LTE/CDMA instead of Global and several others) and now my battery life is just fine. That "Global" setting will make it thrash trying to connect to several different signals that it doesn't need in the USA. There were a lot of other tips and tricks that he told me. I couldn't even find some of the old familiar settings because the icons have changed since my S3. Just saying, try checking your setting with your carrier's expert before throwing the phone out the window.
    sdianetodd likes this.
    04-22-2015 12:54 PM
    I feel your pain TrekScout. I must be hands free at times working and with the constant garbling of audio and random chaotic disconnecting I was extremely frustrated! This new s6 hasn't disconnected one time so far and has had clear audio as of yet. May be a hardware issue for your phone as well. Might be worth considering an exchange if you are within your 14 days.

04-22-2015 12:54 PM
    New ATT Samsung S6, intermittent Bluetooth connections to my car, LG G watch R and Motorola headphones. Never had a connection problem with the HTC M8.

04-22-2015 04:18 PM