Galaxy S6 battery life is unacceptable!

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that this phone will not last the 14 day grace period. I'm not even sure it will last through the weekend!

Attachments

• 1429270998797.jpg
    1429270998797.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 288

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Does ever single person have to create a new "my battery drain screenshot" thread? There's a thousand already. Be considerate to others

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Does ever single person have to create a new "my battery drain screenshot" thread? There's a thousand already. Be considerate to others

Must suck having some evil person forcing you to click on each "my battery drain screenshot" thread. I hope you get away from them as soon as possible!

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Take it back now if you don't like it. You don't have to keep it the full 14 days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Take it back and get what? All android devices are suffering through lollipop bs! I definitely don't want an iphone or windows phone.

I'm hoping patience will pay off and I'll see and update and fix before my 14 days is up but I need my phone and can't always be connected to the dang charger! It's infuriating and beyond frustrating!

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Must suck having some evil person forcing you to click on each "my battery drain screenshot" thread. I hope you get away from them as soon as possible!

...Have you done as others suggested by disabling Wifi Calling and VoLTE? Those two things alone fixed the cell standby issue for me.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
If those things fixed it I could wait for a fix but those aren't working for me. Maybe I can talk them into exchanging for another s6 to see if it works better.

S6ER

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm not very optimistic though!

I did a few tweaks. I downloaded a wifi on/off app I can on my main screen. It's so I don't forget to turn wifi off when I'm not connected. I'll explain later.

I did the Samsung update while at work yesterday. I got the charge up to 98% before heading home. It hasn't been on a charger since yesterday at 5pm with wifi completely turned off until this morning when I got to work, so now I'm on wifi.

I'm not sure but I think it was the wifi being consistently on that's making the battery drain.

I'm also not sure if it was the update or me turning wifi off at night that's helping matters.

Here's where I'm at as of now.

6dbc131bdaaf195cd5d130bf5ea4215f.jpg

b572ea295350520d7ea124e72b42e9b5.jpg

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
If those things fixed it I could wait for a fix but those aren't working for me. Maybe I can talk them into exchanging for another s6 to see if it works better.

That might be your best bet. I also assume you did the Samsung Push thing, right?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I really can't tell if Samsungs update helped, but honestly I think this phone gets really, really good battery life considering it's small size. Blows my wife's iPhone 6 away. I picked up a portable charger to keep at work just in case and I've never even needed it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc