Galaxy S6 battery life is unacceptable!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It can't the "end of story" with so many reports of issues like this. Hard to be optimistic when reality is punching me in the gut!

It's really not that hard. You can see several of us don't have your issue and that the ceiling for battery life is pretty high. It's software related. It'll be fixed. Some of you are acting like a phone that's been out for one week is supposed to be bug free. It's a Google issue that affects other devices, too.

I just posted screens that is outperforming another user's G3 today. So yes, it's end of story. Either you wait for Google to fix the issue with Lollipop or you return this for another Lollipop device that could be afflicted with the same issue.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It can't the "end of story" with so many reports of issues like this. Hard to be optimistic when reality is punching me in the gut!

Wow, it just goes on and on and on. I don't know you're experience with this phone. Mine is this, the phone is really superior in most things. The battery is a bit of an issue. I've got mine to the point where I am getting about 5 hours of sot. I'm satisfied. I'm sorry that your experience is so different, but if you really hate the phone this much, take it back. Your excuse is that there is nothing else you want. Well, sorry, really can't help you then. Live with what you buy or replace it with something else, those are really only choices available. If I hated the phone this much I would just do what you said and find something else until some better choice came along. Frankly, I'm beginning to understand reality's feelings here.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Return it and get a Note 4, that thing the battery lasts forever.

It's a different class of phone, not desirable for those of us that don't want a huge device in our pockets. There a segment for the Note/iPhone+ products and a segment for the smaller pocketable devices, not all are comfortable with both.

bitbank1

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I think the battery life is so variable because Samsung installed all sorts of data gobbling apps that run in the background. I disabled a bunch of the pre-installed apps and will investigate this avenue further. If you plug in USB and look at LogCat, you'll see a ton of strange processes running in the background. I'm going to track down and kill all of the unneeded stuff. Yesterday I went from 7AM-11PM and was left with 50% battery after taking a ton of photos in bright sunlight with the display set to auto brightness. I was in different areas throughout the day; some with bad signal and others with so-so. At no point did I see the battery drain quicker than normal.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is great, but I feel bad for those that isn't., but no clue why some are fine and some not. Such is the way with these gadgets tho it seems. Knowing there were possible battery issues going into my S6 experience I decided to follow some tweaks as mentioned in a thread here after following along for a few days waiting for my S6 to arrive. Clear cache, and hard reset right out of the box, never heard of doing this before, but did it anyway as was pretty painless. Made a couple of other painless minor adjustments and I go all day, WiFi on, with power to spare. I know everyone uses their devices differently as they have different needs, but I'm pretty well using the S6 off and on all day long and haven't changed my usage pattern from any other device I had previously.
I was fully prepared to return it within the 14 if it didn't measure up and I'm pleasantly very pleased with the S6. Battery life tho is a major concern for all of us so, don't wait to long and as mentioned maybe a note 4 would be better for battery for you.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Someone please answer this question for me. People say I should turn WiFi calling off to make my battery life better. But what if I NEED it turned on because the area I'm in has weak T-Mobile signal??

That is one thing I HAVE to rely on; WiFi calling. I don't really have any other options huh?

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I've had it turned off and it made no difference. I've had Wifi off, as it is now, and it makes no difference! There is not a simple solution that works for everyone despite what some people want to say.

I'm sure a Ferrari is a fine automobile but it isn't very useful or practical if it runs out of gas after every 5 miles now is it??

Turning off WiFi isn't a good fix for everyone and it certainly isn't a permanent fix!

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It's really not that hard. You can see several of us don't have your issue and that the ceiling for battery life is pretty high. It's software related. It'll be fixed. Some of you are acting like a phone that's been out for one week is supposed to be bug free. It's a Google issue that affects other devices, too.

I just posted screens that is outperforming another user's G3 today. So yes, it's end of story. Either you wait for Google to fix the issue with Lollipop or you return this for another Lollipop device that could be afflicted with the same issue.

Unless you are sending me your working s6 then the story isn't at it's end! Sorry.....

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Unless you are sending me your working s6 then the story isn't at it's end! Sorry.....

Google "Android Lollipop cell standby" and enjoy the results. It's not just the S6. You're going to have to be patient with a phone that's been officially launched for one whole week.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Google "Android Lollipop cell standby" and enjoy the results. It's not just the S6. You're going to have to be patient with a phone that's been officially launched for one whole week.

Already have. I know it's not the "end of the story."

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
This update I recieved yesterday fixed it for me. I take my phone off the charger at 6am every morning and it usually drops down to 40% by noon. Since the update it dropped to only 87% by noon today. Here is info on the update: http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s6-battery-life-bad-update-might-help

Posted via the Android Central App

Already done that. Besides how could samsung fix a Google problem? The battery drain issues are across all brands of Android devices not just Samsung. The real permanent fix is an updated lollipop realease.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Oh and my s5 had same battery drain problem ever since the lollipop ota update. This isn't a week long problem as you'd like to portray it!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Already done that. Besides how could samsung fix a Google problem? The battery drain issues are across all brands of Android devices not just Samsung. The real permanent fix is an updated lollipop realease.

I said the same thing, hopefully Google is working on a quick update. The other question will be how long will it be stuck with the carriers prior to release?

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
SO I've asked this several times but I am looking for opinions. I am looking for my S6 to last 7-8+ hours on screen. Is this ever going to be a reality? I am willing to keep it and wait for a fix but if this is not likely I will look into the note 4. Just looking for opinions.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh and my s5 had same battery drain problem ever since the lollipop ota update. This isn't a week long problem as you'd like to portray it!

So if you acknowledge that other devices are affected by it, and you've known this for some time, you'd also know that it'll be fixed. This would be a different story if it was a hardware problem. Just be patient. And yes, that's end of story. Complaining about it isn't going to do anything about it.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
SO I've asked this several times but I am looking for opinions. I am looking for my S6 to last 7-8+ hours on screen. Is this ever going to be a reality? I am willing to keep it and wait for a fix but if this is not likely I will look into the note 4. Just looking for opinions.

The answer will always be your mileage may vary. Always buy the phone for the now and not for the updates later. You should know by now that updates take a while to come by with android so that shouldn't even be a surprise to you. Your options have been laid out before you already. Use the phone for how it is now and don't bank on an update fixing things as that is not a sure thing. Either take it back or be satisfied for how the phone is now and take your chances on an update with some tips and tricks here used by some people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech