Galaxy S6 battery life is unacceptable!

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So if you acknowledge that other devices are affected by it, and you've known this for some time, you'd also know that it'll be fixed. This would be a different story if it was a hardware problem. Just be patient. And yes, that's end of story. Complaining about it isn't going to do anything about it.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

You said end of story 15 posts ago....it doesn't become true if you say it more!

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The answer will always be your mileage may vary. Always buy the phone for the now and not for the updates later. You should know by now that updates take a while to come by with android so that shouldn't even be a surprise to you. Your options have been laid out before you already. Use the phone for how it is now and don't bank on an update fixing things as that is not a sure thing. Either take it back or be satisfied for how the phone is now and take your chances on an update with some tips and tricks here used by some people.

I've done the tips. I've done the tricks. I've never had an android before so I'm not familiar with this but thanks.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
@mrgiven
Been reading these forums the last day or so. All I see is you bashing the damn phone. Seriously man, lots of choices out there. Your obviously not a good candidate to be an early adopter. Stuff happens, there are bugs. They will get fixed. Great thing is there is a 14 day return policy, don't walk but run and return this thing. I love mine and Ive had every phone known to man. But to see you negativity being spewed in multiple threads gets old. Im sure you will complain about something on your next phone. Just a guess...

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
You said end of story 15 posts ago....it doesn't become true if you say it more!

Anyways..

This has been one of my worst days so far. Phone got hot about an hour ago after taking a few pictures and lost some battery fairly quickly. It settled immediately, but that was definitely odd.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Attachments

• 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 125

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
SO I've asked this several times but I am looking for opinions. I am looking for my S6 to last 7-8+ hours on screen. Is this ever going to be a reality? I am willing to keep it and wait for a fix but if this is not likely I will look into the note 4. Just looking for opinions.

7-8+hr sot? no.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Take it back and get what? All android devices are suffering through lollipop bs! I definitely don't want an iphone or windows phone.

I'm hoping patience will pay off and I'll see and update and fix before my 14 days is up but I need my phone and can't always be connected to the dang charger! It's infuriating and beyond frustrating!

I'll give you an advice, do a Full backup using the Smart Switch for PC (Or Mac) from Samsung, then Power Off your phone and Press and Hold Power, Volume Up and Home Button until you see a blue line of tiny words at the top of the screen then let off the buttons.

In there just look for Wipe Cache partition and do it, then do a Wipe Data/Factory reset and after that just reboot and before doing anything else just turn off VoLTE (Or whatever equivalent you have in your Carrier), Smart Network and Scanning Always Available from Wifi settings. Do a restore of your Settings or whatever the Smart Switch program allows you to and go from there.

I know it's a pain but if you are willing to return it then you won't mind to full reset and try it again. See what happens after you are back in business.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Someone please answer this question for me. People say I should turn WiFi calling off to make my battery life better. But what if I NEED it turned on because the area I'm in has weak T-Mobile signal??

That is one thing I HAVE to rely on; WiFi calling. I don't really have any other options huh?

What I've mentioned since the first day I gave that advise here was to turn it off and just turn it on when you need it, you are not disabling it, you are just turning it off.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
@mrgiven
Been reading these forums the last day or so. All I see is you bashing the damn phone. Seriously man, lots of choices out there. Your obviously not a good candidate to be an early adopter. Stuff happens, there are bugs. They will get fixed. Great thing is there is a 14 day return policy, don't walk but run and return this thing. I love mine and Ive had every phone known to man. But to see you negativity being spewed in multiple threads gets old. Im sure you will complain about something on your next phone. Just a guess...

Especially when a new flagship smartphone is released, if you don't or can't tolerate some of the bugs that come with a newly released OS and UI as well as new hardware, then you should wait until they shake out. I have been an early adopter for nearly every RIM and Samsung device I have owned except for the GS5 which I passed on. This initial issues after only a week of being released will be quickly sorted out. If these had been happening six months from now then some of the bashing would be warranted.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What I've mentioned since the first day I gave that advise here was to turn it off and just turn it on when you need it, you are not disabling it, you are just turning it off.
I understand you've been saying that from day one. But what I'm saying is that if I turn off WiFi calling; I won't and can't receive any calls or texts on my phone. I have ZERO T-Mobile reception. Therefore I HAVE to turn WiFi calling on. I need calls/texts coming in for both work and family reasons obviously...it's a phone afterall at the end of the day; so I should be able to use it for that purpose.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
@mrgiven
Hi. I agree with you that people are spending/wasting way too much time bashing and criticizing a device that they have the full freedom to choose, return, keep. With that said; what do you mean "early adopter"? The Galaxy S6 is the 6th iteration of the Galaxy S-line...so how would a person that buys S6 be seen as early adopter?

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'll give you an advice, do a Full backup using the Smart Switch for PC (Or Mac) from Samsung, then Power Off your phone and Press and Hold Power, Volume Up and Home Button until you see a blue line of tiny words at the top of the screen then let off the buttons.

In there just look for Wipe Cache partition and do it, then do a Wipe Data/Factory reset and after that just reboot and before doing anything else just turn off VoLTE (Or whatever equivalent you have in your Carrier), Smart Network and Scanning Always Available from Wifi settings. Do a restore of your Settings or whatever the Smart Switch program allows you to and go from there.

I know it's a pain but if you are willing to return it then you won't mind to full reset and try it again. See what happens after you are back in business.

I'll try this once I get home. Hopefully it works, nothing else has!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I understand you've been saying that from day one. But what I'm saying is that if I turn off WiFi calling; I won't and can't receive any calls or texts on my phone. I have ZERO T-Mobile reception. Therefore I HAVE to turn WiFi calling on. I need calls/texts coming in for both work and family reasons obviously...it's a phone afterall at the end of the day; so I should be able to use it for that purpose.

So you have zero T-Mobile service and aren't happy with the battery life. I can already tell you what the main culprit is.

S6ER

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
So you have zero T-Mobile service and aren't happy with the battery life. I can already tell you what the main culprit is.

Maybe I'm missing something because I know zero about T-Mobile, but if you slide the drop down screen and click wifi off it will not effect calls or texts or anything else.

If thats the case its time to find a new provider.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What's the culprit?

I have returned the S6: I really wanted to like it and loved everything about it except for that issue. I have used the iPhone 6 since September and use it with WiFi calling; my battery drain on that is nowhere close to when I was using the S6's WiFi calling feature.

Now the battery life of the S6 isn't bad at all when not using WiFi calling. So what's the culprit? How Android Lollipop handles WiFi?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Someone please answer this question for me. People say I should turn WiFi calling off to make my battery life better. But what if I NEED it turned on because the area I'm in has weak T-Mobile signal??

That is one thing I HAVE to rely on; WiFi calling. I don't really have any other options huh?

You can call tmobile to get a free cell Booster, as long as you have some signal, booster will work.