Galaxy S6 Alarm is useless

DrInfested

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I love my new galaxy s6, but coming from the Galaxy s4, I am so disappointed in the alarm! NO ability to set snooze time, doesn't tell me how much time till the alarm goes off, and the flippy interface is a pain! Any way to fix any of this without using a 3rd party app?

I tried Timely, but the alarm only seems to sound when my media volume is up which worries me. I'll test it more but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd party app.

I seriously don't understand companies that remove perfectly functional features for no reason. It's very frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I love my new galaxy s6, but coming from the Galaxy s4, I am so disappointed in the alarm! NO ability to set snooze time, doesn't tell me how much time till the alarm goes off, and the flippy interface is a pain! Any way to fix any of this without using a 3rd party app?

I tried Timely, but the alarm only seems to sound when my media volume is up which worries me. I'll test it more but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd party app.

I seriously don't understand companies that remove perfectly functional features for no reason. It's very frustrating.

And they also removed voice control, which may have been one of my favorite features of my old S3 - just being able to say "snooze" or "off" without even opening my eyes.

And your point is still valid even if there is a decent 3rd party app - why the heck did they remove useful features?

BTW, while I often see many people praising Timely and other 3rd party alarm apps, there seem to also be an unsettling number of people claiming issues with pretty much all of them . Check out the reviews on Google Play and you quickly start to wonder if you can rely on any of them. Also, from what I have seen, none of them do voice control as well as the old Samsung app...allowing you to speak to it at any time, even when the alarm is sounding.

DrInfested

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Exactly! Why remove perfectly usable features? Stream lining I understand, but stripping away features seems pointless. I like timely okay but I'd much prefer to use a reliable stock app.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Use Timely
its the best alarm plus it syncs with all google devices, they all can ring at the same time and turn off at the same time if you turn one alarm off from a device

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Use Timely
its the best alarm plus it syncs with all google devices, they all can ring at the same time and turn off at the same time if you turn one alarm off from a device

This ^^ Timely is where it's at! Best alarm clock, and beautiful to boot.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
On my nexus 6, if there's an alarm coming up, it will give me a little notification with "Next Alarm" and I can dismiss it right from the notification shade. I usually set a back up alarm, so it's super convenient to just click that "dismiss" for the second alarm before it even goes off. On my galaxy s4 I had to manually go into the alarm app and turn the alarm off, and therefore had to remember to turn it back on every night. Are you saying this is gone on the S6?

Arithon

May 30, 2013
Visit site
News briefing is also missing as an alarm type from the new version. I liked that about the S4, gone from the S6.

S4 would also stop the alarm after a minute or so, but on the S6 it just keeps going and going...

larryg

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
bigger question I have, where is the alarm? On my HTC H7, use to be able to tap the time widget and a whole bunch of time options came up including alarm, stop watch etc. Can't do that now...wondering if I missed or changed something.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
bigger question I have, where is the alarm? On my HTC H7, use to be able to tap the time widget and a whole bunch of time options came up including alarm, stop watch etc. Can't do that now...wondering if I missed or changed something.

Open up the clock app.

I'm extremely disappointed w/ the alarm setup as well. I have to set 4 different alarms, 10 mins apart just to accomplish what I was use to on my S5. Lol

Posted using my Galaxy S6 via the Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
There's an ad supported app called clock l in the play store that is basically the stock lollipop clock with a few added features. Much improved over the stock samsung one imo

Galaxy S6

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Gentle Alarm... It's never failed me.

Posted via Android Central App

Same here. I've been using it for around 3 years, and it has never failed me. A lot of alarm apps out there offer a lot of fluff and fancy animations, but Gentle Alarm has every conceivable tweak you could imagine. I love being able to customize my snooze times, the pre-alarm and the rising sun effect.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Use Timely
Yes, I love Timely! It's never failed me. Plus having it on multiple devices means if for some reason one device dies at night I'll still have an alarm in the morning.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying out HALE Dreamer Alarm Clock.

So far, it's been great. The reason I was drawn to this app was that it is a full-featured alarm clock (with plenty of snooze options), and it has a "do not disturb" feature that actually does what I need--keep silent unless the same contact calls 3 times in 5 minutes. It also let's you turn the brightness way down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon