06-03-2016 03:38 PM
71 123
tools
    I love my new galaxy s6, but coming from the Galaxy s4, I am so disappointed in the alarm! NO ability to set snooze time, doesn't tell me how much time till the alarm goes off, and the flippy interface is a pain! Any way to fix any of this without using a 3rd party app?

I tried Timely, but the alarm only seems to sound when my media volume is up which worries me. I'll test it more but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd party app.

I seriously don't understand companies that remove perfectly functional features for no reason. It's very frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App
    AdemS, sqa4life and boyette17 like this.
    04-17-2015 10:54 AM
    FWIW, For all 3 of my android phones, I've used "Alarm Clock Xtreme Free +Timer".
    04-17-2015 11:01 AM
    FWIW, For all 3 of my android phones, I've used "Alarm Clock Xtreme Free +Timer".
    and make sure you set "Snooze alarms by: Solving math problems" :-)
    I love this app
    04-17-2015 11:07 AM
    I love my new galaxy s6, but coming from the Galaxy s4, I am so disappointed in the alarm! NO ability to set snooze time, doesn't tell me how much time till the alarm goes off, and the flippy interface is a pain! Any way to fix any of this without using a 3rd party app?

I tried Timely, but the alarm only seems to sound when my media volume is up which worries me. I'll test it more but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd party app.

I seriously don't understand companies that remove perfectly functional features for no reason. It's very frustrating.

And they also removed voice control, which may have been one of my favorite features of my old S3 - just being able to say "snooze" or "off" without even opening my eyes.

And your point is still valid even if there is a decent 3rd party app - why the heck did they remove useful features?

BTW, while I often see many people praising Timely and other 3rd party alarm apps, there seem to also be an unsettling number of people claiming issues with pretty much all of them . Check out the reviews on Google Play and you quickly start to wonder if you can rely on any of them. Also, from what I have seen, none of them do voice control as well as the old Samsung app...allowing you to speak to it at any time, even when the alarm is sounding.
    04-17-2015 12:45 PM
    Exactly! Why remove perfectly usable features? Stream lining I understand, but stripping away features seems pointless. I like timely okay but I'd much prefer to use a reliable stock app.

04-17-2015 12:55 PM
    Any alarm app with slide to shut off?
    04-17-2015 01:05 PM
    Use Timely
    its the best alarm plus it syncs with all google devices, they all can ring at the same time and turn off at the same time if you turn one alarm off from a device
    04-17-2015 01:09 PM
    Yeah, the fact that I can't snooze the alarm with the S Cover is annoying. Only have the option to turn it off.
    04-17-2015 01:17 PM
    Use Timely
    its the best alarm plus it syncs with all google devices, they all can ring at the same time and turn off at the same time if you turn one alarm off from a device
    This ^^ Timely is where it's at! Best alarm clock, and beautiful to boot.

maclifer likes this.
    04-18-2015 01:06 PM
    Useless is a harsh term, I use it every morning and it works fine for my needs.

Posted via S6
    makaroni, Daspoo and SoCalBIGmike like this.
    04-18-2015 01:10 PM
    On my nexus 6, if there's an alarm coming up, it will give me a little notification with "Next Alarm" and I can dismiss it right from the notification shade. I usually set a back up alarm, so it's super convenient to just click that "dismiss" for the second alarm before it even goes off. On my galaxy s4 I had to manually go into the alarm app and turn the alarm off, and therefore had to remember to turn it back on every night. Are you saying this is gone on the S6?
    RN50 likes this.
    04-18-2015 03:14 PM
    Gentle Alarm... It's never failed me.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-18-2015 08:47 PM
    News briefing is also missing as an alarm type from the new version. I liked that about the S4, gone from the S6.

S4 would also stop the alarm after a minute or so, but on the S6 it just keeps going and going...
    04-19-2015 11:37 PM
    bigger question I have, where is the alarm? On my HTC H7, use to be able to tap the time widget and a whole bunch of time options came up including alarm, stop watch etc. Can't do that now...wondering if I missed or changed something.
    04-20-2015 06:56 AM
    bigger question I have, where is the alarm? On my HTC H7, use to be able to tap the time widget and a whole bunch of time options came up including alarm, stop watch etc. Can't do that now...wondering if I missed or changed something.
    Open up the clock app.

I'm extremely disappointed w/ the alarm setup as well. I have to set 4 different alarms, 10 mins apart just to accomplish what I was use to on my S5. Lol

Posted using my Galaxy S6 via the Android Central App
    04-20-2015 07:24 AM
    There's an ad supported app called clock l in the play store that is basically the stock lollipop clock with a few added features. Much improved over the stock samsung one imo

Galaxy S6
    04-20-2015 09:00 AM

Same here. I've been using it for around 3 years, and it has never failed me. A lot of alarm apps out there offer a lot of fluff and fancy animations, but Gentle Alarm has every conceivable tweak you could imagine. I love being able to customize my snooze times, the pre-alarm and the rising sun effect.

04-20-2015 09:23 AM
    Use Timely
    Yes, I love Timely! It's never failed me. Plus having it on multiple devices means if for some reason one device dies at night I'll still have an alarm in the morning.
    04-20-2015 11:28 AM
    I've been trying out HALE Dreamer Alarm Clock.

So far, it's been great. The reason I was drawn to this app was that it is a full-featured alarm clock (with plenty of snooze options), and it has a "do not disturb" feature that actually does what I need--keep silent unless the same contact calls 3 times in 5 minutes. It also let's you turn the brightness way down.
    04-20-2015 04:59 PM

+1 for Gentle Alarm. Nice and quiet initially but kicks hard after a bit.
    04-20-2015 05:05 PM
    i recommend AlarmMon. never had any problems and wakes me up every single time
    04-20-2015 07:47 PM
    I just woke up late! If you're not careful, the am/pm toggles even without touching it And the the keypad sucks, when you save the alarm, it register another time!
    04-24-2015 02:38 AM
    One of the things I like being back on iOS is that I don't need 3 apps of the same thing because the other 2 that came with the phone are crap and can't delete them.
    04-24-2015 02:53 AM
    So you can't just say O.K. Google and get me up at 6:00 am and it go off ?
    04-24-2015 10:53 AM
    Timely, baby.

BioFanatic likes this.
    04-24-2015 10:55 AM
71 123