My OK Google option 'from any screen' suddenly disappeared, where could it have gone?

Brent 432

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks ! That worked great. I had fixed it before for S4 but so long ago I completely forget! Thanks for the reminder. OK on my Note 5 now!

Jim55

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
My Wife's vanished too. We didn't realize it was a widget, probably because the only way (that I could find) to see widgets is to press for a long time on a screen. Anyway, there it was, and I just dragged it back on.

Arr Bee

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: "OK Google" option 'from any screen' suddenly disappeared

I have been having this problem as well for the past two or three days. (GS6 on Sprint).

Posted via the Android Central App

You know theres a widget in most phones for Ok Google, just drag n drop it

febzz

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 4 (T-mobile) running the latest firmware and it's on Android 6.0.1.

When I say "Ok Google" to my phone locked screen, it'd wake up, but then I'd get stuck on the Lock Screen. I'd have to manually unlock it (I use the Swipe Pattern Lock). That beats the purpose of operating Google Assistant in a hands-free manner, especially when I'm driving.

The "Trusted Voice" option is missing from my Google Assistant/Now settings. "Ok Google from any screen" is available and is turned on. I remember back then I used to have the "Trusted Voice" option, but maybe in the last few versions, it's been removed? I'm not sure.