Notification bar - alternate way to open if finger cannot stretch to top of OLED

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from an LG G2. If there was one elegant feature of the G2 (actually I somewhat liked that phone) it was the ability to customize the menu buttons to include one that pulled down the notification bar (panel/blind, whatever you wish to call it).

Is there a way to open the bar on the S6 without needing to stretch my finger to the top of the OLED?

Thanks!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you install Nova launcher, you can set up a gesture to just swipe down from anywhere on the screen to pull down the notification...it was pretty convenient

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup, nova FTW.
Actually when I read this thread title I thought, wtf, he must be doing it wrong, then I remembered i had nova and he obviously didn't. Seriously OP, check it out. You can always remove it if you don't like it.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Seems like Nova may be needed. Too bad Samsung missed the boat on adding an option to customize the bar. With phones getting larger, there should really be another way to open the bar (without needing to install an app). Duh!

Will I want/need Nova prime ($4) or just the free launcher? Some of the reviewers say Nova crashes a lot. What's been your experience as far as reliability?

Thanks again.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Seems like Nova may be needed. Too bad Samsung missed the boat on adding an option to customize the bar. With phones getting larger, there should really be another way to open the bar (without needing to install an app). Duh!

Will I want/need Nova prime ($4) or just the free launcher? Some of the reviewers say Nova crashes a lot. What's been your experience as far as reliability?

Thanks again.

I find it reliable. Crashed a bit on my Note 3 randomly, but hasn't crashed once yet on the S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Never had a problem with nova crashing. Had to switch to the nova beta version for the Swipe down gesture to work.

Posted via Android Central App

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Thanks again.

I've used nova for years and I don't think it's ever crashed on me once the entire time. My go to launcher! Worth every penny!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Basic Launcher stuff is free, but gestures require Prime. Totally worth it.

I've had Nova crash on me a few times a year, but it takes less time to recover than clicking through the crash message.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought nova prime just for notifications pull down, and it doesn't even work - must be a bug, annoying

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to use the stock Samsung weather widget on Nova? I have Nova prime but that's the only thing keeping me on touchwiz.