The manual states that the charger in the box is a fast charger. It takes forever to recharge this phone. 5 hours. My note 3 didn't even come close to taking this long. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2015 09:24 PM
    The manual states that the charger in the box is a fast charger. It takes forever to recharge this phone. 5 hours. My note 3 didn't even come close to taking this long. Anyone else have this issue?

Not at all...maybe you need a Factory Reset? My included Samsung charger (the white one for T-Mobile) charges at roughly 1.5% per minute. It is truly fantastic and one of the best features of the S6.
    20blks likes this.
    04-17-2015 09:44 PM
    Not at all...maybe you need a Factory Reset? My included Samsung charger (the white one for T-Mobile) charges at roughly 1.5% per minute. It is truly fantastic and one of the best features of the S6.
    Possibly a bad battery?
    04-17-2015 09:50 PM
    I would guess bad charger. Try to go back to the store where you bought it and have them test it.
    04-17-2015 09:53 PM
    Thanks

04-17-2015 10:13 PM
    When you pull down the notification shade does it say 'Fast Charge' or something like that in the notification where is says how long it takes to charge? If not, and maybe trying another outlet does not work, then it's probably just a bad charger.
    04-17-2015 11:34 PM
    Well I had the same issue. My phone would take forever to charge and I didn't know why.. I know this sounds ridiculous but I read on some other thread to make sure both ends of the USB be correctly plugged in.. And I checked and noticed that one end of my USB wasn't plugged in all the way into the socket. Solved the problem

04-18-2015 12:51 AM

You have to make sure ur charging adapter supports fast charging... If you are using a fast charging adapter, it might be because something is wrong with the charger or USB cable

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    04-18-2015 01:39 AM
    No problems with mine either. Very quick charging. Using the one I got in the box too. Does say adaptive fast charger on it

04-18-2015 02:15 AM
    Try disconnecting the charger from the phone and putting the charger back in. First time I plugged it in fast charge didn't work, but on 2nd try it worked.
    04-18-2015 02:59 AM
    Try disconnecting the charger from the phone and putting the charger back in. First time I plugged it in fast charge didn't work, but on 2nd try it worked.
    Ssme thing with me...the first time it's like the charger didnt work. The second time and every time after that it's working as advertised - blazing fast!
    04-18-2015 06:56 AM
    One other thing - fast charging does not work if the screen is on. If you are constantly checking your phone for whatever, it's not going to be that fast.

That said, 5 hours would be a long time with any charger...
    04-18-2015 07:53 AM
    Well I had the same issue. My phone would take forever to charge and I didn't know why.. I know this sounds ridiculous but I read on some other thread to make sure both ends of the USB be correctly plugged in.. And I checked and noticed that one end of my USB wasn't plugged in all the way into the socket. Solved the problem

I was having the same problem. So trivial problem... but spent much of my time
    04-18-2015 09:10 AM