work around if you can't pull battery?

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I have a GS4. Every few months, after leaving the phone on the charger all night, I wake to find the phone with a black screen and solid green LED. The phone does not respond to any of the buttons, including a 10+ second press on the power button. If I pull the battery, it boots normally. From what I've read, others have had this problem, too.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the GS6. If something like this were to happen with the GS6, what can be done to bring the phone back up? Wait a few days for the battery to drain in this state? Is there some other way?

Thanks!

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
When the GS4 is in this state, the soft reset doesn't seem to work. It's probably too early to know if folks are seeing the equivalent problem state on the GS6, but it would be interesting to know if the GS6 soft reset works in such a state.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a GS4. Every few months, after leaving the phone on the charger all night, I wake to find the phone with a black screen and solid green LED. The phone does not respond to any of the buttons, including a 10+ second press on the power button. If I pull the battery, it boots normally. From what I've read, others have had this problem, too.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the GS6. If something like this were to happen with the GS6, what can be done to bring the phone back up? Wait a few days for the battery to drain in this state? Is there some other way?

Thanks!
I just upgraded from a GS4 on AT&T to the 64GB GS6 on AT&T. I have had no issues even remote like this. It is lightning fast and smooth as butter and battery life is just fine. Great tip,though.

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Glad to hear you've not had this issue. I'd like to upgrade, but I may wait a bit to see what quirks arise with a bit more time.

Thanks

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear you've not had this issue. I'd like to upgrade, but I may wait a bit to see what quirks arise with a bit more time.

Thanks

The quirk raising the most attention is related to battery life is Google Play Serivces so it's a Lollipop issue not a hardware issue. I agree that you need to wait of that works for you. I am an early adopter of this and every other smartphone I have owned since 2006. Despite everything that was written prior and post early carrier release, I still felt confident to get the regular GS6. On YouTube, there is a great review by the DetroitBorg on the GS6. Check it out.

Kari Skalicky

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the soft reset key combo. I inadvertently put the phone in boot mode (blue screen, large arrow, text says downloading do not turn off target) and couldn't get out. Samsung support was useless and gave me the wrong key combo. Thanks to this post, we're back in business.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12