Be honest.... It the S6 worth getting? I have the Turbo no and the S5. Please, send me kindly advice.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 03:39 AM
    You may want to let us know what your usage habit looks like.

S6 is worth getting in most cases, but there may be a few issues that may or may not matter to you.
    04-19-2015 05:52 AM
    In my opinion it's worth waiting:

- many reports of poor battery (just look at this forum); fast battery drain. Possibly due to a bug, but maybe not. It is best to wait until the picture becomes more clear rather than burn a hole in your pocket with a dud device
    - if you're in the US, there are issues with the Edge rotation/accelerometer too on some carriers
    - if you're not in the US, more colours are on the way in a couple of months so you'll have more choice. The larger storage models will also become more widely available.

- If you wait, you'll also see more favourable contract prices too. We're already seeing some pretty competitive ones compared to a couple of weeks ago, and this will only improve as time passes. More choice is always better.
    - more cases and accessories will be available

Performance-wise, this is undoubtedly top of the tree and it's frankly a powerhouse with class leading internals. I don't think anyone can argue that. But despite that, for everyday tasks, coming from a last generation device to this year's flagship you're still not going to see a huge difference. Even bugdet devices perform admirably. It's only in the intensive tasks you'll notice and in things like the screen and camera quality. The days of massive innovation have passed. These flagships are now incremental upgrades so a two year upgrade cycle makes more sense.

In today's tech age, it's rarely a good idea to buy devices in the first month in my opinion anyway. These users tend to get the worse end of the deal, whether it be bugs or manufacturing defects that get ironed out as the manufacturer improves quality control.

That's just my two pennies worth
    basurtoisaac likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:05 AM
    I went from an HTC One M7 to the S6, and I'm glad I made the switch. I fortunately don't have any of the problems others have been having with their phones (e.g., short battery life, WiF issues, etc). So far, my phone has been working great, and I have a much upgraded phone over my M7 (which I thought was a great phone too). If you can hold out for a while with your Turbo, you might wait a bit and see if Samsung or Google comes out with some updates that will resolve the issues that some people seem to have.
    04-19-2015 07:43 AM
    I don't really know if you'll see that much difference coming from such new phones as you have honestly. I moved to the S6 from a Note 3 and while the S6 is definitely a faster, newer phone with much higher potential, it's not really that much different than my Note 3. The biggest difference is the smaller, lighter size which I'm still getting used to.

My co worker has an S5 and side by side they are virtually identical, except the S6 is about half as thick and way lighter.

The main reason I wanted the S6 is better future proofing, one handed use and the MUCH better camera than anything else available right now.

But I still love my Note 3 and will be keeping it since it has expandable storage that will be great to use for movies while on the go.

Oh one last thing, the S6 battery is actually better than my Note 3 battery even though is so much smaller.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 10:28 AM
    I'm sure it's not a huge improvement over the s5 but it sure is a big difference from my s3! And I loved that device (except the camera)
    04-19-2015 10:32 AM
    If you have a 32gb S5 (aka The Unicorn), the only really compelling reason is if you want to take low light photos. The difference is dramatic. Everything else is better, to be sure, but in increments. But the other huge difference is 32gb vs 16gb internal storage. I attempted to install VR apps on the old S5. After getting Cardboard installed, it tan out of space. The S6 had plenty of room.
    04-19-2015 11:32 AM
    I came from s5 to s6 and besides the camera and little faster ui . It's like I'm still using my galaxy s5. Oh I almost forgot the most important thing the phone build is like ten times better.
    Can't really tell the difference between the two screens unless I am playing with the camera then I can tell
    So if the camera isn't that important to you then the s5 is still great phone. If you use the camera a lot and want a really good camera then the s6 is great.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    04-19-2015 11:49 AM
    I would say yes but that's my opinion.. What do you want in a device? What's important to you?
    mhettrich likes this.
    04-19-2015 12:10 PM
    Seems a kind of crapshoot as far as getting one without battery issues. This said tho I wouldn't trade my S6 for anything. Got lucky with my Verizon model. Best android device I've had so far. For the OP I'd possibly wait a bit to see what the fix will be that works. Or not, just jump in and utilize any return option possibilities as needed.
    04-19-2015 12:42 PM
    Best phone I've ever owned by far, I'm still grinning a smile every time I use it. But then again the latest phone I owned was over 2 years old, so this was a major jump. In your case as some have mentioned not sure if you'd notice enough of a difference to warrant the purchase.

Posted via S6
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-19-2015 01:02 PM
    I usually upgrade every year and sell my old pone to my brother, but this year I told him to get the S6. The camera is the best thing on the planet. I like that fact that you don't have to swipe for the fingerprint scanner. The lock screen notifications are a nice addition. Thinner and lighter is always better. wireless and quick charging is ridiculous. The screen is amazing and did I mention the camera? It's definitely a buy!
    HMBgal and Bodrul like this.
    04-19-2015 01:17 PM
    Better than Turbo? For sure anything is better than that ugly Verizon exclusive crap.

The only thing you will be disappointed from turbo is the battery life. If you are OK with charging more often than turbo then it's a no brainer and better in every way. Personally with fast charging I don't see charging often is an issue.
    04-19-2015 01:46 PM
    You may want to let us know what your usage habit looks like.

S6 is worth getting in most cases, but there may be a few issues that may or may not matter to you.
    Exactly, obviously the S6 outperforms my Galaxy Nexus from over 3 years ago, but my GN also has a removable battery. I have 2 2100mAh batteries to go with it. I'm on VZW unlimited data so I didn't pick up the Turbo because of tethering issues. Because I've always kept my phones for over 2 years, I'd like to be able to change the battery if needed. 2500 will wear down considerably in the 2-3 years I have the phone. I'm going to hold out for the Active model of the S6. I'm screwed if it doesn't come out on VZW though.
    04-19-2015 03:45 PM

Check these out. They are more objective than some of the earlier comments.

Realize differences in battery life are affected by the Lollipop Google Play Services not restricted to the GS6. It also depends on carrier device setups and networks as well as personal usage habits and expectations.

Battery life, for some folks, is comparable or better than the GS5. At the end of the day, it will definitely get you through the day. 5 to 6 hours of SOT is reasonable. It should however not be the only consideration.

Despite all the feedback from the reviews and forum posts, I felt that it was definitely worth it coming from a GS4 also having done my own research and testing. Take what you need from these posts but at the end of the day, it's your choice.
    04-19-2015 05:13 PM
    I upgraded from an s5 (got the s6 64GB in black). I didn't really have upgrade fever until they updated it and put Lollipop on it. That didn't go well for my phone: poor battery, overheating, freezes, slow, etc. I love the s6 for the camera. Oh my! It's my only camera, so that's an important feature for me. That double click on the home button to have an instant camera is wonderful. The editing features are great, too. I haven't quite figured out how to go a whole day on a charge, but I use Waze with the screen on for at least two hours a day, lots of Facebook and emailing, and I like a nice bright screen, so that's a battery-drainer. But, I top off in my car or throw in on the wireless charger when I get home. If I don't charge for a little bit in the afternoon, I risk getting down to 5% or so, which I don't really like to do. So yeah, don't miss my s5 at all. But, I was on the Edge program with VZW so it didn't cost me a dime to upgrade. YMMV.
    04-19-2015 05:21 PM
    04-19-2015 05:24 PM