08-29-2015 12:31 AM
81 1234
tools
    I was confused by this as well. The dotted back is still clear, the dots refer to texturing that avoids from air bubbles being formed. I bought an all clear rubber case from bestbuy and the bubbles (think similar to the way a screen protector looks when bubbles form that need air to be released. I quickly returned the case and bought this one, the case is infact clear and you only see very fine very small textured dots which look A LOT better than the air bubbles trust me. This is the main reason i bought this case, because our phones are usually plastic or metal we never had to consider this but with a new Glass back...its a different scenario. Hopefully your case doesnt cause air bubles.
    The Ringke Fusion and the Spigen Hybrid covers both include a protective Film for the back to avoid this issue, it was a good idea at first because if I decided to use it naked for a while at least it would be protected against those hairline scratches that most if not all Glass backs suffer from, but in practice was a little different as I have never been able to put a protective film on a glass without having dust, bubbles or finger prints or even worst, all of them, so you can imagine that my OCD didn't allow me to keep the back film more than 5 minutes on it.

Good news at least, it is not causing any rainbow or bubble effects so far.
    chezm likes this.
    04-20-2015 10:01 AM
    This is the first smartphone for my family and I, we were using a Pantech flip phones for like 7 years. Now we all have galaxy s6's. Mine is black, bothers is white and mom's is gold. We are all rocking UAG cases, mine looks wicked with the jet black case, brothers is white which reminds me of Storm Troopers and mom has a clear one to show off that gold color. What do we love about these phones, Everything, size,function, speed, resolution,64gigs,and the freedom and ability to customize many different features on this phone. Its bigger than an iPhone 6, but smaller than the plus which is just too big in my opinion. Is it perfect, no, but its the perfect phone for me and my family. Samsung rocks, if they build a car, I will drive it, if they build a woman, I will marry her.
    clintw22, chezm and Wildo6882 like this.
    04-20-2015 10:20 AM
    I was confused by this as well. The dotted back is still clear, the dots refer to texturing that avoids from air bubbles being formed. I bought an all clear rubber case from bestbuy and the bubbles (think similar to the way a screen protector looks when bubbles form that need air to be released) were all over the back. I quickly returned the case and bought this one, the case is infact clear and you only see very fine very small textured dots which look A LOT better than the air bubbles trust me. This is the main reason i bought this case, because our phones are usually plastic or metal we never had to consider this but with a new Glass back...its a different scenario. Hopefully your case doesnt cause air bubles.
    Hey! Thanks for this news, this is likely the case I'll get. One question: does the lip around the camera make the phone teeter around when sitting on a flat surface (ie desk), or does it sit flush? My current phone&case teeters when I tap the screen on a desk, not flat on the bottom.
    04-20-2015 02:52 PM
    Hey! Thanks for this news, this is likely the case I'll get. One question: does the lip around the camera make the phone teeter around when sitting on a flat surface (ie desk), or does it sit flush? My current phone&case teeters when I tap the screen on a desk, not flat on the bottom.
    It doesn't sit completely flush, but gives the impression it does and feels flush. It does not teeter at all, you can use it back down on a desk without it moving.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    04-20-2015 02:57 PM
    Ok I just can't get enough of the camera and now my phone is the designated picture taker for all group outings with my friends. And the front facing camera? OMG no more dark fuzzy pics in low light. Also the screen is to die for. Just crisp and clear. I find myself just turning my screen just so I can oh and ah all over again. Never thought I'd love a phone as much as I did my S4 but I do now!
    Bodrul and planoman like this.
    04-20-2015 06:28 PM
    The screen and camera are great. At first the screen was quite oversaturated, it I've gotten used to it and it looks really nice. Camera is one of the best I've used in a smartphone, so no complaints there.

Also fast charging is awesome. Always surprised by how fast it is.

Fingerprint scanner works really well and only misses of my thumb is not centered. Just waiting in Samsung Pay to roll out.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    04-20-2015 06:33 PM
    There is nothing I don't like about my S6. It performs fast in every category. As has been mentioned the screen is one of the best ever. Camera, best ever. Battery life I've experienced is nothing short of excellent. I have zero complaints. Very glad I came back to android and what a sweet device to come back to. A+ all; the way. Did I mention I kind of like it?
    And thanks to the OP for starting this thread, was much need for it.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-20-2015 07:02 PM
    ...but then I removed the plastic protective slip on the lens
    Lol....didn't even know that was there! thanks for the heads up
    2007H3 and chezm like this.
    04-20-2015 07:20 PM
    Lol....didn't even know that was there! thanks for the heads up
    There's one on the LED flash as well.
    2007H3 likes this.
    04-20-2015 07:36 PM
    wireless charging and amazing camera. NUFF SAID!
    04-21-2015 03:35 PM
    Can't wait for Samsung Pay.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-21-2015 03:52 PM
    My S6 was performing as slow as my S4, mostly that terrible glitchy feel to those terrible "mobile" web pages. Then I realized I forgot to turn off the battery saving mode
    chezm likes this.
    04-21-2015 07:11 PM
    I,like being able to long press a notification on my lock screen and then swiping or unlocking it and the appropriate app opens. No need for lock screen icons.
    chezm likes this.
    04-21-2015 07:25 PM
    Man I love how super fast this device is, still surprises me everytime I use it. Fingerprint scanner is also amazing, but anyone else's device delay a bit to unlock while using it?

Posted via S6
    04-21-2015 08:21 PM
    Man I love how super fast this device is, still surprises me everytime I use it. Fingerprint scanner is also amazing, but anyone else's device delay a bit to unlock while using it?

Posted via S6
    Sometimes there's like a 1sec delay but it's random

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-22-2015 06:53 AM
    Sometimes there's like a 1sec delay but it's random

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    yes, sometimes for me it can go 2-3 seconds but its random. I've also had the finger print scanner fail a few times with an error stating if it continues to reboot but i never had to. Im hoping this minor thing will be corrected in a software update.

In any case, this is a positive thread so moving on sorry for off topic inquiry didnt want to open another thread.

Whenever the guys at work are asking me "So you love your phone eh?", i rub it against my face (but not too hard to scratch from my beard lol) and give the dreamy eyes lol. I love it, tell the guys to not tell my wife i have a secret crush haha.
    BioFanatic and Gray Area like this.
    04-22-2015 08:43 AM
    Long press mentioned above. Just press long enough to make it expand then swipe or unlock.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-22-2015 10:04 AM
    I gave up my Note Edge for the S6 on the JUMP! program, and many people would say it's a downgrade. It's not. The S6 is easily the best phone I have ever owned. The camera is unmatched, the screen as well, and the speed at which this phone flies is impressive. 1st Sammy phone that didn't have jittery scrolling, I can't get enough of this phone.
    chezm, Bodrul and Gray Area like this.
    04-22-2015 10:20 AM
    Loving mine. I haven't figured out half of what I can do with it, but overall it is a way better experience than my last galaxy (S3) experience. My battery life really isn't bad at all either. I am not a power user, but with some use of my phone that came off the charger at 3am today, almost 12 hours later I still have 78% left. That is as good or better than my S3 ever was. Now if I could just get a case to actually show up. I have ordered two from amazon, the first is going to be delayed, so I chose a different style that hopefully will be here tomorrow. The phone is kinda slippery and feels a bit fragile without a case.
    chezm likes this.
    04-22-2015 01:51 PM
    yes, sometimes for me it can go 2-3 seconds but its random. I've also had the finger print scanner fail a few times with an error stating if it continues to reboot but i never had to. Im hoping this minor thing will be corrected in a software update.
    Just an update on above, someone at work had a similar problem and was told by Samsung to factory reset and it corrected his problems. I just factory reset and it completely resolved all my issues, the errors have stopped and the phone unlocks instantly.

Update: actually what was causing the issue was using all 4 finger print spots, 2 for each thumb. I did this on the iPhone and never had a problem, but it makes the unlock slower on Android. However of you only use 1 per finger and do a good configuration you will never need to do double...so I only use 1 for each thumb and it unlocks as fast as I'd expect. And I factory reset for nothing...

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2015 08:11 PM
    Had some time to play with my GS6

1) Gesture Wake Up-wave your hand over the GS6 to wake it up.

Settings/Personal/Accessibility/Dexterity & Interaction

2) Notification Reminder-blue LED and/or vibrate notifications for apps (e.g. Email)

Settings/Personal/Accessibility

3) Single Tap-dismiss alarms, calendar items, and answer/reject calls

Same navigation as #2 above
    chezm likes this.
    04-24-2015 06:27 PM
    I also noticed that the icons seem to cast a shadow on the wallpaper background that also appears to move depending upon the viewing angles. The icons themselves appear painted on the screen.
    04-25-2015 09:04 AM
    Holds up pretty well under constant use.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S6 Appreciation-296.jpg   Galaxy S6 Appreciation-297.jpg  
    04-25-2015 09:12 AM
    Been curious from a battery life perspective. Does the Restrict Background Data help? How does,this functionality affect the app performance as well?
    04-25-2015 09:31 AM
    Side by side with the S5, this phone is a HUGE change I didn't even realize how big it was. If I went with the S5 then saw the S6...I'd be disappointed. Man I love this phone...tomorrow is the 14 day mark and I'm sticking with it no regret

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-25-2015 09:48 AM
81 1234