Samsung Pay United States launch scheduled for H2 2015

Looks like a. It of a wait in the US.
    chezm likes this.
    05-02-2015 06:48 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobi...ut-its-service

VZW owners, please read.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-05-2015 08:25 AM
    My wife has always complained about her other Samsung phone cameras (she has the Note 3) with the slow and bad photo taking abilities.

The other day I did the Wild West draw with my S6 and took out the camera and turned it on and take a great photo is mere seconds. She was impressed and so was I with this phone camera quality and speed!
    Yeah I hate how terrible my Note 3 pics are and how slow the camera is. So glad I got the S6.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-05-2015 02:08 PM
    Yeah I hate how terrible my Note 3 pics are and how slow the camera is. So glad I got the S6.

Hopefully, it and the Lollipop issue get solved with 5.1.1.

05-05-2015 02:34 PM
    T-Mobile hands out free phones to existing Verizon customers to test-drive its network | Android Central

VZW owners, please read.

I think there other idea of just giving you a phone to try and keeping your Verizon service was better. That way we really could compare them side by side. This way not able to do that.
    IMO their network is fine as long as your within range. If a certain amount of your time is spent out of range then what good is it? Legere stated today that by years end they will be past Verizon in coverage area. Maybe in his dreams, but if this was to become reality then Verizon would really lose subscribers as there would be no further reason to stay. It will be a great day for all when T-mobile passes Verizon in coverage area, a lot of us may be dead by then, but hey, who knows maybe pigs will fly as well.
    05-05-2015 03:08 PM
    Still loving this phone, even with some inconsistent battery...i get excited every time i use it, as if i just opened it. I have no regrets, this phone is stellar and even after the G4 announcement (looks like a great device) im even more confident i made the right decision for me. The camera is OK in low light but in lighted areas is STELLAR. Still hasnt slowed down at all.
    05-05-2015 03:21 PM
    I think there other idea of just giving you a phone to try and keeping your Verizon service was better. That way we really could compare them side by side. This way not able to do that.
    IMO their network is fine as long as your within range. If a certain amount of your time is spent out of range then what good is it? Legere stated today that by years end they will be past Verizon in coverage area. Maybe in his dreams, but if this was to become reality then Verizon would really lose subscribers as there would be no further reason to stay. It will be a great day for all when T-mobile passes Verizon in coverage area, a lot of us may be dead by then, but hey, who knows maybe pigs will fly as well.
    While it may be wishful thinking, if I were a VZW customer, I would take this opportunity to bolt to a GSM carrier as it might be even longer for VZW to convert. I know signal strength might be a short term issue but, for Petes sake, TMO is covering off the ETF.

05-05-2015 03:28 PM
    While it may be wishful thinking, if I were a VZW customer, I would take this opportunity to bolt to a GSM carrier as it might be even longer for VZW to convert. I know signal strength might be a short term issue but, for Petes sake, TMO is covering off the ETF.

Not saying it's not a sweet deal for some, it certainly is. For others, coverage will always trump everything else. I certainly hope a lot of people will to tmoble. Can't help but be a win for the rest of us that stick around. I loved tmo when I had them previously, just not there lack of service areas.
    05-05-2015 04:17 PM

I wish I would have seen this when I still had the S5 and still had some time left on my 2 yr contract. But now I did the early edge and am making payments on the 64GB S6 edge.

The link said they would pay the early ETF up to $650 or payments, which I take it if one was on edge, they would pay the rest of the amount, but they don't say if they also limit it to $650 or not. SInce I've only made 1 payment, it's still going to be over 650 left.

If they did limit it to that amount, I don't know if I could swing the final amount to pay off Verizon to do the change.

I may have to wait till I get the amount down some before changing. I guess I could go to a T-Mobile store and inquire about how they handle a transfer when I am on the early edge.
    05-05-2015 04:19 PM
    I wish I would have seen this when I still had the S5 and still had some time left on my 2 yr contract. But now I did the early edge and am making payments on the 64GB S6 edge.

The link said they would pay the early ETF up to $650 or payments, which I take it if one was on edge, they would pay the rest of the amount, but they don't say if they also limit it to $650 or not. SInce I've only made 1 payment, it's still going to be over 650 left.

If they did limit it to that amount, I don't know if I could swing the final amount to pay off Verizon to do the change.

I may have to wait till I get the amount down some before changing. I guess I could go to a T-Mobile store and inquire about how they handle a transfer when I am on the early edge.
    What did you pay in addition? While it doesn't make you whole, the possible benefits may outweigh the incremental amount.

05-05-2015 04:38 PM
    What did you pay in addition? While it doesn't make you whole, the possible benefits may outweigh the incremental amount.

I think the payments are $33 to $34 a month. I just made the first one on the latest bill, so I still have over $750 left. I think the cost for the 64 GB edge was $799. I'll have to log in and find out.
    05-05-2015 04:46 PM
    I think the payments are $33 to $34 a month. I just made the first one on the latest bill, so I still have over $750 left. I think the cost for the 64 GB edge was $799. I'll have to log in and find out.
    I believe that a new phone is included so include that in your decision.
    05-05-2015 07:01 PM

How do you know what you would do if you were a verizon customer when you have never been one?

05-05-2015 07:24 PM
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techn...eM/story01.htm

Android 5.1.1 update news.

chezm likes this.
    05-05-2015 07:52 PM
    OK killer battery, light use but still damn this is amazing. Had an issue for a while, but disabling location and removing Google fit fixed all. Could hit 2 days on light use. Also note this wasn't fully charged, running since 95% battery charge.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S6 Appreciation-1799.jpg  
    05-16-2015 03:40 PM
    OK killer battery, light use but still damn this is amazing. Had an issue for a while, but disabling location and removing Google fit fixed all. Could hit 2 days on light use. Also note this wasn't fully charged, running since 95% battery charge.

Totally awesome, dude. Who has six hours for non-stop heavy usage? Not most people. Point is that great battery life is possible with this device given it's hardware and software optimization which is hopefully going to continue to get better making this device future resistant should one decide to hold on to it for a while. Can't wait for 5.1.1.
    chezm likes this.
    05-16-2015 04:00 PM

So the tweaks really worked, I'm glad you listened, now you see the results, for some that's crippling the device, for you and a lot of us it's just not leaving everything on by default when we don't really need them and by doing that, enjoying longer battery life and appreciating even more this great phone.

And that even with Facebook at the top of your list, that normally means that is running in the background a lot and keeping awake the phone, if you are not using Facebook that much for it to be at the top of the list, just click on it and Force Stop it, something has changed with that app since latest update as I have seen similar behavior with mine, even when I barely use it.
    05-16-2015 09:37 PM
    So the tweaks really worked, I'm glad you listened, now you see the results, for some that's crippling for you and a lot of us is just not leaving everything on by default when we don't really need them and by doing that, enjoying longer battery life and appreciating even more this great phone.

And that even with Facebook at the top of your list, that normally means that is running in the background a lot and keeping awake the phone, if you are not using Facebook that much for it to be at the top of the list, just click on it and Force Stop it, something has changed with that app since latest update as I have seem similar behavior with mine, even when I barely use it.
    You are proof,positive,that persistence pays off.
    05-16-2015 09:47 PM
    There's one on the LED flash as well.
    How many plastic cover protecting the lense..?I have not taken out the plastic as if it doesn't affect the photo quality.. is it the one with the hole for the lense? Thanks. .

05-17-2015 06:27 AM
    How many plastic cover protecting the lense..?I have not taken out the plastic as if it doesn't affect the photo quality.. is it the one with the hole for the lense? Thanks. .

If it doesn't affect the quality, don't take it out if you are fine with it. If you're like me, I am always a little pumped opening the box on a new device that little details escape me. I like removing all the plastic. To me, it's like leaving a tag on a new shirt. It doesn't affect the how the shirt fits or looks.
    05-17-2015 12:53 PM
    Thanks.. I really like this phone sg6 could not believe that samsung will make this kind of hardware..last time I had samsung phone was samsung galaxy young and it's all plastic..lol.. I love everything in this phone .. camera, fingerprint scanner , screen , call quality and bonus home button that is a little bit loose. .lol.. seriously I like the way my home button makes clicking sound when I press it..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    05-17-2015 06:20 PM
    I like the screen and camera. Camera is probably the best hardware feature of the phone, with the screen second.

I like that the fingerprint scanner is pretty accurate and fast. It's a nice unlock method. The best software feature of the phone to me is the double tap home button to open the camera. Easy, makes sense and works well.
    05-17-2015 06:28 PM
    I like the screen and camera. Camera is probably the best hardware feature of the phone, with the screen second.

I like that the fingerprint scanner is pretty accurate and fast. It's a nice unlock method. The best software feature of the phone to me is the double tap home button to open the camera. Easy, makes sense and works well.
    Agreed.

05-17-2015 07:11 PM
    I got it off the lense but can't get it off the flash. It doesn't look like one is on it and I tried to remove as if one was there but nothing came off.

05-17-2015 07:44 PM
    I got it off the lense but can't get it off the flash. It doesn't look like one is on it and I tried to remove as if one was there but nothing came off.

It's not easy to remove the LED flash plastic film. You have to just run your fingernail around the edges.
    05-17-2015 07:48 PM
81 1234