Galaxy S6 Appreciation

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
What did you pay in addition? While it doesn't make you whole, the possible benefits may outweigh the incremental amount.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

I think the payments are $33 to $34 a month. I just made the first one on the latest bill, so I still have over $750 left. I think the cost for the 64 GB edge was $799. I'll have to log in and find out.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the payments are $33 to $34 a month. I just made the first one on the latest bill, so I still have over $750 left. I think the cost for the 64 GB edge was $799. I'll have to log in and find out.
I believe that a new phone is included so include that in your decision.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
While it may be wishful thinking, if I were a VZW customer, I would take this opportunity to bolt to a GSM carrier as it might be even longer for VZW to convert. I know signal strength might be a short term issue but, for Petes sake, TMO is covering off the ETF.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

How do you know what you would do if you were a verizon customer when you have never been one?

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
OK killer battery, light use but still damn this is amazing. Had an issue for a while, but disabling location and removing Google fit fixed all. Could hit 2 days on light use. Also note this wasn't fully charged, running since 95% battery charge.

Attachments

• 1799.jpg
    1799.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 61

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
OK killer battery, light use but still damn this is amazing. Had an issue for a while, but disabling location and removing Google fit fixed all. Could hit 2 days on light use. Also note this wasn't fully charged, running since 95% battery charge.

Totally awesome, dude. Who has six hours for non-stop heavy usage? Not most people. Point is that great battery life is possible with this device given it's hardware and software optimization which is hopefully going to continue to get better making this device future resistant should one decide to hold on to it for a while. Can't wait for 5.1.1.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

So the tweaks really worked, I'm glad you listened, now you see the results, for some that's crippling the device, for you and a lot of us it's just not leaving everything on by default when we don't really need them and by doing that, enjoying longer battery life and appreciating even more this great phone.

And that even with Facebook at the top of your list, that normally means that is running in the background a lot and keeping awake the phone, if you are not using Facebook that much for it to be at the top of the list, just click on it and Force Stop it, something has changed with that app since latest update as I have seen similar behavior with mine, even when I barely use it.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So the tweaks really worked, I'm glad you listened, now you see the results, for some that's crippling for you and a lot of us is just not leaving everything on by default when we don't really need them and by doing that, enjoying longer battery life and appreciating even more this great phone.

And that even with Facebook at the top of your list, that normally means that is running in the background a lot and keeping awake the phone, if you are not using Facebook that much for it to be at the top of the list, just click on it and Force Stop it, something has changed with that app since latest update as I have seem similar behavior with mine, even when I barely use it.
You are proof,positive,that persistence pays off.

pogi920

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
There's one on the LED flash as well.

How many plastic cover protecting the lense..?I have not taken out the plastic as if it doesn't affect the photo quality.. is it the one with the hole for the lense? Thanks. .

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How many plastic cover protecting the lense..?I have not taken out the plastic as if it doesn't affect the photo quality.. is it the one with the hole for the lense? Thanks. .

If it doesn't affect the quality, don't take it out if you are fine with it. If you're like me, I am always a little pumped opening the box on a new device that little details escape me. I like removing all the plastic. To me, it's like leaving a tag on a new shirt. It doesn't affect the how the shirt fits or looks.

pogi920

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.. I really like this phone sg6 could not believe that samsung will make this kind of hardware..last time I had samsung phone was samsung galaxy young and it's all plastic..lol.. I love everything in this phone .. camera, fingerprint scanner , screen , call quality and bonus home button that is a little bit loose. .lol.. seriously I like the way my home button makes clicking sound when I press it..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the screen and camera. Camera is probably the best hardware feature of the phone, with the screen second.

I like that the fingerprint scanner is pretty accurate and fast. It's a nice unlock method. The best software feature of the phone to me is the double tap home button to open the camera. Easy, makes sense and works well.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I like the screen and camera. Camera is probably the best hardware feature of the phone, with the screen second.

I like that the fingerprint scanner is pretty accurate and fast. It's a nice unlock method. The best software feature of the phone to me is the double tap home button to open the camera. Easy, makes sense and works well.

Agreed.

kittysback

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I got it off the lense but can't get it off the flash. It doesn't look like one is on it and I tried to remove as if one was there but nothing came off.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got it off the lense but can't get it off the flash. It doesn't look like one is on it and I tried to remove as if one was there but nothing came off.

It's not easy to remove the LED flash plastic film. You have to just run your fingernail around the edges.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Totally awesome, dude. Who has six hours for non-stop heavy usage? Not most people.

You would be surprised at just how many of the working poor only have a cell phone as their only online device. They use it for web, YouTube, even TV with chrome cast.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You would be surprised at just how many of the working poor only have a cell phone as their only online device. They use it for web, YouTube, even TV with chrome cast.

While I do feel for the plight of that segment of the population, i was making reference to those who have posted about significant screen on time in this forum, I pay more than my fair share in taxes so that they are able to have the devices without any skin in the game. If they are spending it on Chromecast which is not a necessity, they should be making sure there kids have food and clothes to wear to school instead.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Reviving this thread as its needed, no one comes here to discuss why they love their S6.

After many months since launch, I am still loving this device. Even with having to get it swapped due to camera sensor problems, my overall experience has been fantastic. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I just don't pay attention to every flaw but I love this device and wouldnt change it for any other.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Reviving this thread as its needed, no one comes here to discuss why they love their S6.

After many months since launch, I am still loving this device. Even with having to get it swapped due to camera sensor problems, my overall experience has been fantastic. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I just don't pay attention to every flaw but I love this device and wouldnt change it for any other.

Right there with you. Mine is still going strong.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Right there with you. Mine is still going strong.

I've tested other phones and I still think the regular S6 feels best in hand and it the perfect screen size. This is the first phone in many years that I didn't get bored of within 2 months of owning it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad