So what's the consensus on Tempered Glass screen protectors for the Galaxy S6 ?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The glass screen protectors out today that are causing the halo issue is due to the curved edges on the display and the mfg's not allowing enough space to keep it from lifting.

What I find annoying is how BodyGuardz is touting their "Crown" for the iphone series, but has no intention to offer that added feature which is FREE by the way on any other curved glass screens. Thats enough for me to forgo their products if they cannot meet a simply design need for te hottest Android phone this year.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Glass is most certainly NOT considered opaque. If something is opaque, it does not transmit any light.
Well, it certainly isn't 100% transparent either so putting any "screen protector" over your screen is going to muck it up, pure and simple.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Why would you add another layer of opaque glass (yes, glass is far from 100% transparent) to such a magnificent screen??? Use even the slightest bit of common sense and your screen will be fine for years.

Transparency and translucency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Common sense should tell you that not everyone is in a situation to keep their device protected 100% of the time. I work outdoors, so its an Otterbox Defender and a screen protector for me. My screen still looks beautiful through 2 clear screen protectors!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ultrapale

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I had a little trouble putting the Zagg tempered glass on. I have used a few on different phones and this is the first time I've had even a little trouble. Aside from from the slight misalignment being a minor annoyance to me, I'm still a huge fan of the tempered glass protection. I'll just have to be more careful next time, lesson learned.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The glass screen protectors out today that are causing the halo issue is due to the curved edges on the display and the mfg's not allowing enough space to keep it from lifting.

What I find annoying is how BodyGuardz is touting their "Crown" for the iphone series, but has no intention to offer that added feature which is FREE by the way on any other curved glass screens. Thats enough for me to forgo their products if they cannot meet a simply design need for te hottest Android phone this year.

Did you get your white pearl 128GB in yet?
I'm thinking about exchanging the black for the white. That white pearl is HOTT !

I have not tried the Bodyguardz yet. Hopefully some time this week. I like the idea of the alignment tray.

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Probably not your fault, guy at Best Buy mobile said the first batch of Zagg glass protectors is defective and they average trying 3 before getting one that works, they have dirt on the sticky side of the protector, nice. They are really good about making it right though, I will get a call when the new batch comes in and get a free replacement.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Can I use a Zagg screen protector with a Commuter case? The defender is a bit bulky and I'm coming from a Sedio Active on a Droid DNA that I was disappointed with.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why would you add another layer of opaque glass (yes, glass is far from 100% transparent) to such a magnificent screen??? Use even the slightest bit of common sense and your screen will be fine for years.

Transparency and translucency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you want a screen protector, a quality tempered glass screen protector is the best bet.

Obviously nothing beats going naked if you don't need the protection.

To be honest I can not tell the difference between tempered glass and no screen protector in terms of screen clarity on my note 4 or Note 3. I don't doubt that there is a difference, but for the vast majority of people, they won't notice it, or the change in clarity is very marginal. Haven't tried one on my s6e though...

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge